RC bike graveyard?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2018 10:42 AM

Does anyone have pictures of the “graveyard” at Ricky’s place? Never heard about it until the other day and a quick google search came up with nothing.

|

6/3/2018 10:44 AM

adamwedge wrote:

Does anyone have pictures of the “graveyard” at Ricky’s place? Never heard about it until the other day and a quick google ...more

My buddy wrenches for a rider out there, he said the barn has tons of factory suspension,factory pipes,factory motors,whole factory bikes etc

|

6/3/2018 10:46 AM

There is a vid on youtube I have seen somewhere, Ricky gives a quick tour of an old barn with stuff laying around, some old factory stuff.

|

6/3/2018 10:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2018 10:50 AM

There was a photo set of the goat farm a few years ago by TWMX (i think) and there were a few pictures. There was a works engine from one of his rmzs just sitting on a shelf covered in dust plugged with paper towels. I'll see what I cant find

EDIT: Justin beat me to it it was MXA

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

6/3/2018 10:47 AM

|

Powerband in every gear !

6/3/2018 10:52 AM

That is some cool stuff there. Would love to see more like that! But particularly I heard something along the lines of a couple works KHI bikes being run over with a dozer and half buried?

|

6/3/2018 10:53 AM

adamwedge wrote:

Does anyone have pictures of the “graveyard” at Ricky’s place? Never heard about it until the other day and a quick google ...more

logan_140 wrote:

My buddy wrenches for a rider out there, he said the barn has tons of factory suspension,factory pipes,factory motors,whole ...more

Oh the things he must see

|

6/3/2018 10:55 AM

I hear its been quarantined by the same guys who built Area 51......

|

6/3/2018 3:03 PM

One of the mags had some pics of his graveyard when he was still on Kaw 2 strokes. Dozens of crusty motors and thrashed frames laying around in the weeds.

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

6/3/2018 3:55 PM

|

6/3/2018 4:33 PM

What a collection of amazing stuff...

Man he could send his kids to college just auctioning off the "junk" he has laying around.

|

6/3/2018 4:36 PM

queen of spodes wrote:

One of the mags had some pics of his graveyard when he was still on Kaw 2 strokes. Dozens of crusty motors and thrashed frames ...more

They used to run them over with a dozer then bury them. There are a couple of bike pits on the farm for sure.

|

6/3/2018 4:41 PM

queen of spodes wrote:

One of the mags had some pics of his graveyard when he was still on Kaw 2 strokes. Dozens of crusty motors and thrashed frames ...more

avidchimp wrote:

They used to run them over with a dozer then bury them. There are a couple of bike pits on the farm for sure.

I'm shedding tears right now. Excuse me , as I have to go listen to the song " Taps " and dump a little whisky on the ground right about now.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

6/3/2018 4:46 PM

I know the pics ,surprised no one has posted them yet.

|

6/3/2018 6:01 PM

queen of spodes wrote:

These are the pictures I heard about. Was it a clause at termination of contract everything gets destroyed or what? Would be a heck of a story I’m sure.

|

6/3/2018 10:08 PM

adamwedge wrote:

logan_140 wrote:

My buddy wrenches for a rider out there, he said the barn has tons of factory suspension,factory pipes,factory motors,whole ...more

adamwedge wrote:

Tried to get him to FaceTime me while he was out there, but the goat farm doesn’t have good service sad

|

6/3/2018 10:12 PM

logan_140 wrote:

adamwedge wrote:

logan_140 wrote:

Tried to get him to FaceTime me while he was out there, but the goat farm doesn’t have good service sad

He’s found so much stuff in the shops and they allow him to keep what he wants. He’s running a full PC system that was specially built for Savatgy on his 16 Kawi lol. Crazy

|

6/3/2018 10:41 PM

queen of spodes wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

I'm shedding tears right now. Excuse me , as I have to go listen to the song " Taps " and dump a little whisky on the ground ...more

Don't feel so bad sir. I don't think anything Ricky practiced on/with was any good after he was done with it.

|

6/3/2018 11:59 PM

The original photos and article were in TWMX summer of 2000 or early 2001. I will see if I can find it. I was injured at the time, so I kept looking at the pictures of chopped up frames with works engines and pipes thrown in the grass to rust

|

6/4/2018 12:47 AM

Sunhouse wrote:

The original photos and article were in TWMX summer of 2000 or early 2001. I will see if I can find it. I was injured at the ...more

There was a big front end loader with a frame or 2 and misc parts in it also. Would have been MXracer wouldn't it?

|

6/4/2018 12:56 AM

These ones?
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

6/4/2018 1:33 AM

Fuck that's sad

|

6/4/2018 1:59 AM

Pretty wild.

|

6/4/2018 2:00 AM

logan_140 wrote:

He’s found so much stuff in the shops and they allow him to keep what he wants. He’s running a full PC system that was ...more

Ha no way. Perks of the job I guess

|

6/4/2018 5:07 AM

Coolest thing on Vital this week

|

6/4/2018 5:11 AM

Excuse me while I go throw up

|

6/4/2018 5:13 AM

|

@russ_69

6/4/2018 5:17 AM

For someone with a pickers heart this is awesome. Guy in the area had an old dirt bike boneyard and I loved just wondering around when I was a teenager

|

6/4/2018 5:20 AM

Was RC that hard on stuff??? Were they so busy it was like, quick just dump it over there another bike is coming ?

|

6/4/2018 5:28 AM

Gus wrote:

For someone with a pickers heart this is awesome. Guy in the area had an old dirt bike boneyard and I loved just wondering ...more

Absolutely!

|