RC as a color commentator - unfortunate!

Zalev
2/17/2019 1:36am
Talking about video game while Tomac just crashed...
AUS_Twisted
2/17/2019 2:14am
Zalev wrote:
Yeah that was pretty bad how long it took them to mention Tomac went down, he was in the lead shortly before that and crashed while in 2nd but the Monster sponsored game was more important then the Monster rider crashing in 2nd haha.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
2/17/2019 2:39am
I like how they talked briefly about the dirt being young, and that it's a living animal. Ricky's response was profound (silence).WoohooLaughing There was something else funny that one of the the bozos said but, I'm half tanked and don't care.LaughingSilly

The Shop

Motofinne
2/17/2019 2:57am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 4:30am
Both of them are struggling. I have been a defender of Ralph a long time but it's almost impossible to do that anymore. It seems like he makes more and more mistakes, he keeps mixing up riders and their positions all the time.

But at the same time, complaining week after week is just a waste of time. Nothing is going to change so just accept it and watch the races.
Bultaco
2/17/2019 4:22am
I watched the entire race last night with no sound turned on. No more Ralph. No more Ricky. Just motorcycle racing. It was good. I recommend it.
2/17/2019 4:56am
I like Ralph, I also like listening to Ricky even tho he struggles sometimes..
Where the hell did “clutch move” come from?
JAFO92
2/17/2019 5:05am
Who watches a race worrying about what is being talked about. I watch for the racing.

If you dont like whatever talking-head de jour is on the broadcast, theres this magic invention called the MUTE button.

smh
nc97
2/17/2019 7:35am
Zalev wrote:
When Ricky started talking right before Tomac went down , That part was prerecorded during last practice. If I hadn’t heard it then I would have been like WTF , My guess is when they started playing that prerecorded part , Ralph or Ricky couldn’t comment before it played out. Sure there is a lot going on that we are not aware of and would understand a little better if we did.
Zalev
2/17/2019 10:09am
Zalev wrote:
nc97 wrote:
When Ricky started talking right before Tomac went down , That part was prerecorded during last practice. If I hadn’t heard it then I would have...
When Ricky started talking right before Tomac went down , That part was prerecorded during last practice. If I hadn’t heard it then I would have been like WTF , My guess is when they started playing that prerecorded part , Ralph or Ricky couldn’t comment before it played out. Sure there is a lot going on that we are not aware of and would understand a little better if we did.
Seriously? So maybe they should start the show with 15min delay, just to be sure that they wont put prerecorded stuff when important things are happening at the track. It literally pissed me off. SX coverage feels a bit cringy lately especially when you compare it with MXGP and Paul or even AMA outdoors. English isn't my native language so maybe I'm wrong, but Ralph and Ricky both sounds like some kind of rednecks... i don't know. Even Cianciarulo could outshine them in the booth. They should hire some young blood.
slipdog
2/17/2019 10:35am
Last night I learned thet Ricky is the greatest of all time Supercross racer. Thank you, Ralph!
gt80rider
2/17/2019 10:39am
Good grief.... Ricky was even worse last night.... Dude has a hard time making proper sentences, and he is getting paid!!! LoL... Terrible for the industry, but I guess it works for monster...
5280mx
2/17/2019 10:51am
Zalev wrote:
Yeah that was pretty bad how long it took them to mention Tomac went down, he was in the lead shortly before that and crashed while...
Yeah that was pretty bad how long it took them to mention Tomac went down, he was in the lead shortly before that and crashed while in 2nd but the Monster sponsored game was more important then the Monster rider crashing in 2nd haha.
I have much respect for RC as a rider/person...however, last night was a new low. He tried to promote the new game, stating "my kid was playing the KR character on the new game". Sorry RC, KR isn't in the new game.
Quote is not verbatim, please do not sue me.

5280mx esq.
RexEasely
2/17/2019 10:59am
Ricky's insight last night was spot on. No polished suit announcer could give us that insight. Ricky is just so genuine I can't help but love his announcing style. I like the laugh after comments.

Blair is trying too hard. His long winded comments are now annoying. Too general. Tell us in a sentence. Give us insight on something you see physically on the track. He is polished but lacks meaningful insight.

Texas Built
2/17/2019 12:10pm
NBC needs to hold color commentating auditions on Vital since this is where all the experts are.
Frank
2/17/2019 2:25pm
RC was really bad this week. He is actually getting worse. Ralph has stepped his game down also this year. It would be so much better without announcing and just the bike & crowd sounds.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
2/17/2019 5:21pm
I was annoyed that Ricky wouldn't offer an opinion on the fairness of Bowers' DQ last night.
level
2/17/2019 6:23pm
I’m sorry. I try not to be too negative but it’s hard to listen to Ralph and RC. Ralph like a hundred times roczen back from a horrific injury. It’s like let it go. Move on. Quit mentioning that.

Also they are like oh he’s on rails oops he made a bobble. Don’t know what’s going on with him.

I think what bothers me the most is you don’t have to commentate every move the rider makes. We can see and we are watching. You don’t have to say that. All they do is just say how they are riding and we can see that. Also be careful about opinions on riders every two seconds. Could bite you.

Just provide some insight and let viewers know things they can’t see.

It’s pretty bad this year. So tired of hearing oops he made a bobble. Lost some time. No shit. It happens. They are riding on dirt.
deluxeman
2/17/2019 6:35pm
bad juju wrote:
Its amazing to me that so many ppl love to bitch, i know its vital, but damm. I love moto and I am not gonna quit...
Its amazing to me that so many ppl love to bitch, i know its vital, but damm. I love moto and I am not gonna quit watching because its rc instead of jeff or whoever!
Yep, you may not stop watching. But how many people will not start watching because he sounds uneducated and foolish.

We know who and what RC is, new viewers don’t know and don’t hold him in the same regard.
Radical
Fantasy
2321st
2/17/2019 7:12pm
Ricky is getting better each week. Winner's do that.
lumpy790
2/18/2019 8:07am
IMO RC is working hard at this and has made definite improvements. I think he has been working with a coach during the week.
motomike137
2/18/2019 8:10am
It's like we are in Ralphs living room watching the race while he and RC tell irrelevant stories about Ken's abs or some sh-t. The telecast is so bad right now I just have to chuckle at it.
Kid Spam
2/18/2019 8:20am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2019 8:20am
RexEasely wrote:
Ricky's insight last night was spot on. No polished suit announcer could give us that insight. Ricky is just so genuine I can't help but love...
Ricky's insight last night was spot on. No polished suit announcer could give us that insight. Ricky is just so genuine I can't help but love his announcing style. I like the laugh after comments.

Blair is trying too hard. His long winded comments are now annoying. Too general. Tell us in a sentence. Give us insight on something you see physically on the track. He is polished but lacks meaningful insight.

Bingo
And wazzup with Girl Murmuring?
Too much talking...loud noises..
TeamGreen
2/18/2019 8:22am
I like the woman with the accent.

She’s pretty.

(Posting the text I got from Tyler)
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4190th
2/18/2019 8:32am
I like Ricky in there for the most part. But he continues to mention taller guys haven't this huge advantage in the whoops at ever race and it gets old(guessing it's his viewpoint since he's so short?), seriously man the shorter guys have advantages in other areas too, so it all works out.
Spudnut
3/16/2019 2:37pm
Spudnut wrote:
Paul Malin needs to teach these boys how to call a race. Paul is the GOAT at this stuff as far as I’m concerned
gt80rider wrote:
Good Lord son, never heard of a guy called Bailey before????????
I was conceived to the sound of his voice as a matter of fact
SoCalMX70
3/16/2019 3:10pm
vdrsnk04 wrote:
I like Ricky in there for the most part. But he continues to mention taller guys haven't this huge advantage in the whoops at ever race...
I like Ricky in there for the most part. But he continues to mention taller guys haven't this huge advantage in the whoops at ever race and it gets old(guessing it's his viewpoint since he's so short?), seriously man the shorter guys have advantages in other areas too, so it all works out.
I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to say I agree about Ricky mentioning tall guys... He's been doing it for years, pretty sure even when he raced. It's like he felt the need to add another layer to his success. "Look what I had to overcome!" Grinning

Post a reply to: RC as a color commentator - unfortunate!

The Latest