RC as a color commentator - unfortunate!

Jimmy638
2/14/2019 9:08am
There's some gems at times if you listen hard enough

RC- "Beat him by one one hundredth of a sec"
RS says quietly "Thousandth"
RC-"Oh....."

Kid Spam
2/14/2019 9:23am
Stunning how little respect some people have for others. Nobody racing right now will ever be in his league.
If you cant appreciate what he is saying...maybe you Momma washes your boots for ya.
MOTO732
2/14/2019 9:32am
Kid Spam wrote:
Stunning how little respect some people have for others. Nobody racing right now will ever be in his league. If you cant appreciate what he is...
Stunning how little respect some people have for others. Nobody racing right now will ever be in his league.
If you cant appreciate what he is saying...maybe you Momma washes your boots for ya.
One has nothing to do with the other. It has zero to do with respect. RC is doing a completely different job than riding. Being one of the world's greatest racers simply does not always coincide with a great on air commentator.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
2/14/2019 9:39am
Kid Spam wrote:
Stunning how little respect some people have for others. Nobody racing right now will ever be in his league. If you cant appreciate what he is...
Your tone. Its all wrong. Besides, theres a guy here who washes most of our boots..... FOR FREE!!

The Shop

Brent
2/14/2019 9:43am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2019 9:46am
Kid Spam wrote:
RC is the one of the greatest riders in history.

This thread is about his current job speaking on live television.

No one dismisses or disrespects his incredible achievements while racing a dirt bike.

Torco1
2/14/2019 9:53am
JeepnMike wrote:
Sweet first post bro. I bet in your free time you troll Facebook looking for people to argue with about politics. For someone trying so hard...
Sweet first post bro. I bet in your free time you troll Facebook looking for people to argue with about politics.

For someone trying so hard to sound intelligent, you are making an idiotic statement.
I highly doubt it's his first post, just to afraid to use his normal account for some reason.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
2/14/2019 9:57am
Looby321 wrote:
I will say...the “bullet helmet” commentary was cringe worthy.
slipdog wrote:
I thought it was awesome! You could practically hear him skull crush a Coors Light right before he said "Hey Ralph... They should do a scientific...
I thought it was awesome!

You could practically hear him skull crush a Coors Light right before he said "Hey Ralph... They should do a scientific study..."

He's trying his best in his first year and will keep getting smoother on his delivery. Plus, there are nuggets of gold coming from the GOAT like the bullethead comment even if his brain sometimes starts short circulating.
I see what you did there..very well played.
I could see pacifically what you were aiming at.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
2/14/2019 10:22am
one thing everyone is leaving under the table. that dramatically effects the show. this broadcast is air driven. I feel you are making him the escapegoat. viewers are taking him for granite. put down the pitchforks we are not burning him at the steak. okay maybe he did not attend an ivy league school. but he is far from acoustic. Im leading the way rc. I gots your back.
Racer111
2/14/2019 10:27am
bad juju wrote:
Its amazing to me that so many ppl love to bitch, i know its vital, but damm. I love moto and I am not gonna quit...
Its amazing to me that so many ppl love to bitch, i know its vital, but damm. I love moto and I am not gonna quit watching because its rc instead of jeff or whoever!
No one said you should. However, it’s ok for someone to say the show could be better if the former Pro Racer in the booth could actually be a decent commentator. Ricky can ride, yes. Ricky can speak articulately, no. Mike Alesi or Daniel Blair would make our weekend racing a little nicer. Believe the hype!!
Kid Spam
2/14/2019 10:35am
Sorry for my tone. I would argue that comments have been made about his poor riding style, lack of education, lack of verbal expression reflecting sx knowledge, etc. I conclude that some folks are being less than realistic, informed, knowledgable regarding broadcasting, and generally snide.
RC is a good guy, helping kids, helping the sport, won't apologize for having his back.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
2/14/2019 10:36am
The thing is, I haven't heard him provide much insight. A little. But nothing that any former pro wouldn't be able to do.
eGGz
2/14/2019 10:45am
The problem is that the commentating for the outdoor nationals is spot on.
Then by contrast you have supercross commentating with a potato and a hillbilly behind the mikes.
No wonder people complain.
Racer111
2/14/2019 11:00am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2019 11:01am
one thing everyone is leaving under the table. that dramatically effects the show. this broadcast is air driven. I feel you are making him the escapegoat...
one thing everyone is leaving under the table. that dramatically effects the show. this broadcast is air driven. I feel you are making him the escapegoat. viewers are taking him for granite. put down the pitchforks we are not burning him at the steak. okay maybe he did not attend an ivy league school. but he is far from acoustic. Im leading the way rc. I gots your back.
Of course you do. You all can’t type or speak a coherent sentence.

No one is taking RC for granite, which is a type of stone. Maybe you meant taking him for granted? Dry
OldPro277
2/14/2019 11:11am
newmann wrote:
Malapropisms? Jody?
LOL !! I thought the same thing---although I do like Jody
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
2/14/2019 11:16am
one thing everyone is leaving under the table. that dramatically effects the show. this broadcast is air driven. I feel you are making him the escapegoat...
Racer111 wrote:
Of course you do. You all can’t type or speak a coherent sentence. No one is taking RC for granite, which is a type of stone...

No one is taking RC for granite, which is a type of stone. Maybe you meant taking him for granted? Dry
"granite" is your only complaint? He got so many words wrong, I assume he was being sarcastic.
OldPro277
2/14/2019 11:24am
Racer111 wrote:
Of course you do. You all can’t type or speak a coherent sentence. No one is taking RC for granite, which is a type of stone...

Racer, its pretty obvious that smoothie's entire post was a purposely done "tongue-in-cheek" piece ...................

Well , at least I HOPE it wasBlink
Spudnut
2/14/2019 11:25am
Paul Malin needs to teach these boys how to call a race. Paul is the GOAT at this stuff as far as I’m concerned
gt80rider
2/14/2019 11:41am
Spudnut wrote:
Paul Malin needs to teach these boys how to call a race. Paul is the GOAT at this stuff as far as I’m concerned
Good Lord son, never heard of a guy called Bailey before????????
slipdog
2/14/2019 11:49am
Racer111 wrote:

Do you even Malapropism, Bro?
CR250Rider
2/14/2019 11:52am
Let Ricky be Ricky. Honestly I know exactly what he means when he speaks. Wrong words my ass!
Some of you bros arent core and probably don't even lift.
BobKerr
2/14/2019 12:07pm
I've actually been impressed by RC in the booth so far. I expected worse.
MOTO732
2/14/2019 12:12pm
Funny part is...some of you complaining that Ricky isn't doing great can't even TYPE a coherent sentence.
bonseff
2/14/2019 12:27pm
gt80rider wrote:
Seems like Ricky is reading some PC written script or something.... sigh... Seems he is about as good at being a commentator as he was a...
Seems like Ricky is reading some PC written script or something.... sigh...

Seems he is about as good at being a commentator as he was a team owner... great racer no doubt, but that skill set isn't helping him in the booth.......

seems like one big Monster deal to me.... they hooked up Ricky with a spot in the booth, but now we have to suffer.... he seriously doesn't say anything that any 12 year old 85cc mid-packer doesn't already know.... all that wealth of knowledge from the very top of the sport and we get none of it..... sad really.........
Thumbs up, thumbs down poll:

• up: RC has a passion to be an announcer

• down: RC would rather be anywhere else
Robgvx
2/14/2019 12:31pm
thephoenix wrote:
I cracked up when RC said that Barcia "...was really taking a pounding on his rear end..." in reference to his tailbone injury :-)
The all-time best faux pas was by World Superbike commentator Jack Burnicle.

Talking on live TV about Colin Edwards' tyre compound, Jack said, "He had a hard on in practice this morning and I bet he wishes he had a hard on now".

jonesaustin
2/14/2019 12:56pm
It does seem he's being micromanaged, as it's common with how corporations operate these days. so much emphasis on process to mitigate unexpected outcomes, but it robs the authenticity. I hope they'll not try to mold him so much, but let him be free to speak what comes to him naturally. He's very good when that happens imo.
blusmbl
2/14/2019 1:16pm
MOTO732 wrote:
Funny part is...some of you complaining that Ricky isn't doing great can't even TYPE a coherent sentence.
While this is true, I don't think anybody besides GuyB is getting paid to post their thoughts on VitalMX. Ricky IS getting paid to be an announcer, and IMHO he is definitely not doing as good of a job as Emig was.

Those of you saying Ricky is only 5 races in, I can't count how many times he has been in the booth with Jeff and Ralph previously. He isn't brand new to this. I'm not saying he is terrible, but he certainly has significant opportunity for improvement.
MOTO732
2/14/2019 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2019 1:30pm
I like Emig as a color guy better than Ricky at this point. But, some of the posters here complaining about Ricky's speaking ability, all while they post on open forums at barely a 4th grade level, is kind of comical.
philG
2/14/2019 2:10pm
This is why I love Vital MX. It's jam packed with talent. We have doctors, lawyers, physicists, fortune tellers, color commentators....
You rang ?
2/14/2019 2:36pm
Brent wrote:
RC is a home-schooled dirt bike racer from the hillbilly part of Florida. I'm amazed he is doing as well as he is. You want bad...
RC is a home-schooled dirt bike racer from the hillbilly part of Florida.

I'm amazed he is doing as well as he is.

You want bad commentating, tune in Nascar sometime. and tell me what an "Amba-lance is...
Laughing

Shit, just laughed out loud and woke the Girlfriend up!.

Amba-lance....classic.
MW19
2/14/2019 2:56pm
Guy B, can we just make a new subject somewhere between Moto-Related and The Dumbgeon called "Daily Complaining on Commentators"??

Post a reply to: RC as a color commentator - unfortunate!

The Latest