RC and the X Games..

Related:
Create New Tag

7/31/2009 8:53 AM

I've ragged on RC in the past about it, but last night I really watched the mechanics of the whole deal with the drama building and RC throwing in the towel, I have a new respect for that event...

|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...



Hello?..Vital?...

7/31/2009 8:55 AM

too bad it ended the way it did, but still an exciting night. I couldn't believe how well Renner put it to all those guys on their 450's.

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

7/31/2009 9:06 AM

step up always seems to end weird...

|

work it!

7/31/2009 9:08 AM

I thought the landing should have had a longer run out, there were a couple times i thought they would land flat, it was gnarly for sure

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!


2006 KX250

7/31/2009 9:12 AM

To spend 10 grand on the bar, you'd think they could spend some money to develop a nicer landing.

|

flarider wrote: I don't know shit
and I am damn glad for that

7/31/2009 9:15 AM

I think a few years ago RC would have remounted and tied again. With a wife, and twins, and a new career...I can't say i blame him.

He landed hard, and i don't wanna see anyone get hurt out there.

|

7/31/2009 9:16 AM

Farva wrote:

To spend 10 grand on the bar, you'd think they could spend some money to develop a nicer landing.

Foam pit ?

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

7/31/2009 9:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2009 9:17 AM

MX479Guy wrote:

I think a few years ago RC would have remounted and tied again. With a wife, and twins, and a new career...I can't say i blame him.

He landed hard, and i don't wanna see anyone get hurt out there.

Hey prolly was feigning an injury. Looked to me like a shoulder hit.

Separated AC?

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

7/31/2009 9:37 AM

Racer92 wrote:

Hey prolly was feigning an injury. Looked to me like a shoulder hit.

Separated AC?

No way he could hit like that and not really be hurting. Has anyone seen RC quit anything? I have so much respect for that guy. Plus, we all know he has bad shoulders.

|

7/31/2009 9:49 AM

MX479Guy wrote:

I think a few years ago RC would have remounted and tied again. With a wife, and twins, and a new career...I can't say i blame him.

He landed hard, and i don't wanna see anyone get hurt out there.

Racer92 wrote:

Hey prolly was feigning an injury. Looked to me like a shoulder hit.

Separated AC?

Jabjr222 wrote:

No way he could hit like that and not really be hurting. Has anyone seen RC quit anything? I have so much respect for that guy. Plus, we all know he has bad shoulders.

I have...

|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...



Hello?..Vital?...

7/31/2009 9:51 AM

He got kicked really hard by the bike when he landed. It definitely jarred his back badly. I don't think it was hitting the ground that hurt him, it was the landing.

|

7/31/2009 9:51 AM

Big Lenny wrote:

I have...

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

7/31/2009 10:09 AM

Big Lenny wrote:

I have...

Spill it then... I haven't. Unless you are talking about walking away when he could be having some epic battles with JS.

|

7/31/2009 10:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2009 10:17 AM

Jabjr222 wrote:

No way he could hit like that and not really be hurting. Has anyone seen RC quit anything? I have so much respect for that guy. Plus, we all know he has bad shoulders.

Big Lenny wrote:

I have...

Jabjr222 wrote:

Spill it then... I haven't. Unless you are talking about walking away when he could be having some epic battles with JS.

There was this one time at Glen Helen..Or was it A1 ?..Whistling

|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...



Hello?..Vital?...

7/31/2009 10:19 AM

He threw the towel in at Glen Helen '06 I believe when he went down.

It was kinda surreal seeing him not get up right away because it seemed that he always continued no matter what in the past. Smart of RC to chill out. I bet his NASCAR team has a bit to say about it today...and his wife.

|

7/31/2009 10:26 AM

Big Lenny wrote:

I have...

Jabjr222 wrote:

Spill it then... I haven't. Unless you are talking about walking away when he could be having some epic battles with JS.

Big Lenny wrote:

There was this one time at Glen Helen..Or was it A1 ?..Whistling

heh... 2 times? wow. how many times have we seen everyone else give up after a crash and you can recall 2 times for carmichael? i'd say that's pretty good.

|

7/31/2009 10:31 AM

I cant understand why they cant build up the landing to at least the 20-25 foot mark. The landing wouldnt be so brutal, and it would make it more exciting. Im sure they guys would go bigger if the landing wasnt so gnarly.

|

7/31/2009 10:35 AM

The gap, pole placement and landing size will continue to ruin this event.
I really miss bmx dirt.

|

7/31/2009 10:44 AM

Jabjr222 wrote:

Spill it then... I haven't. Unless you are talking about walking away when he could be having some epic battles with JS.

Big Lenny wrote:

There was this one time at Glen Helen..Or was it A1 ?..Whistling

rc4187 wrote:

heh... 2 times? wow. how many times have we seen everyone else give up after a crash and you can recall 2 times for carmichael? i'd say that's pretty good.

Yeah, I forgot about Glen Helen. I was disappointed. I watched him disappear in the back (towards yamaha hill I think?) and when he came back around, he looked to be hurting.

I guess the point is, is it throwing in the towel if you are really injured?

|

7/31/2009 11:03 AM

ive seen one person ride off the track and quit without ever having crashed. too many times to count actually. so yeah. that one time after crashing and injurying his shoulder. damn him!!

|

Its a shame the 4 strokes are doing so well. It just goes to show that in order to actually go as fast as those of us on a 2 stroke, they have to buy into the double displacement handicap just so they can keep up.

7/31/2009 11:18 AM

His head hit the ground pretty hard. Watch it in slow motion.
He was probably seeing stars and was dizzy - lucky he wasn't knocked out. When he pulled his helmet off, he immediately looked it over to see if it was broke.

|

7/31/2009 11:22 AM

mxrose3 wrote:

His head hit the ground pretty hard. Watch it in slow motion.
He was probably seeing stars and was dizzy - lucky he wasn't knocked out. When he pulled his helmet off, he immediately looked it over to see if it was broke.

I noticed that too.

Ive been rag dolled VERY hard one time and it still scares me thinking back on it. Anyone who rags on RC for not doing another run is an idiot and has never hit the ground like that before.

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

7/31/2009 11:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 1:15 AM

I'd agree that he banged his noggin and was maybe a little whoozy, but I think maybe the thing that kept him down was getting the air knocked out of him as he landed on his back.

After he got up he said something like "I had the **&*#@ breath knocked out of me.


|

7/31/2009 11:33 AM

Jabjr222 wrote:

Spill it then... I haven't. Unless you are talking about walking away when he could be having some epic battles with JS.

Big Lenny wrote:

There was this one time at Glen Helen..Or was it A1 ?..Whistling

rc4187 wrote:

heh... 2 times? wow. how many times have we seen everyone else give up after a crash and you can recall 2 times for carmichael? i'd say that's pretty good.

Doesn't matter how many times it happened, it happened, STFU...

|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...



Hello?..Vital?...

7/31/2009 11:35 AM

mxrose3 wrote:

His head hit the ground pretty hard. Watch it in slow motion.
He was probably seeing stars and was dizzy - lucky he wasn't knocked out. When he pulled his helmet off, he immediately looked it over to see if it was broke.

Racer92 wrote:

I noticed that too.

Ive been rag dolled VERY hard one time and it still scares me thinking back on it. Anyone who rags on RC for not doing another run is an idiot and has never hit the ground like that before.

I've seen RC crash way harder than that and get up, I'll have to watch it again...

|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...



Hello?..Vital?...

7/31/2009 11:40 AM

Big Lenny wrote:

I've seen RC crash way harder than that and get up, I'll have to watch it again...

RC is fat, older and drives a land yacht now. And youve never seen him fall from 30+ feet straight down either.

Gravity can be a drag at times.

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

7/31/2009 12:11 PM

They could make the whloe set-up better....It was tucked in a corner with no room......looked like an afterthought.
The skate board ramp looked like it was about 10 acres.

|

"fortunately I keep my feathers numbered.....for just such an occasion"

7/31/2009 12:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 1:15 AM




|

7/31/2009 12:18 PM

Stephon wrote:

He threw the towel in at Glen Helen '06 I believe when he went down.

It was kinda surreal seeing him not get up right away because it seemed that he always continued no matter what in the past. Smart of RC to chill out. I bet his NASCAR team has a bit to say about it today...and his wife.

Are we talking about the time he jacked his shoulder and also missed the MXDN that year? I mean wasn't that the 1st dnf in his career. It ain't like he just quit, he was injured. Not sure you call that quitting.

|

7/31/2009 12:23 PM

Imagine how high they could go if the landing really was a step up

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.