RC, GOAT, DOUCHE?

bobby397
Edited Date/Time 10/28/2013 10:15am

|
PastranaWho
10/26/2013 5:25pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2013 7:54pm
5 pages!

If i was owed 150K i will being suing to get mine.
Mickolobe7
10/26/2013 5:26pm
WOW. I have heard that a lot. How about when Travis talked about him practicing on the Suzuki test track ???????
mxadam579
10/26/2013 5:29pm
Is chad mad that the AMA did not invite him or RC did not invite him
PastranaWho
10/26/2013 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2013 7:26am
Mickolobe7 wrote:
WOW. I have heard that a lot. How about when Travis talked about him practicing on the Suzuki test track ???????
I remember a fan cursing at RC at the pits because RC refused to sign his sons cap, when the father asked, RC just gave him the stink eye. I know it was after the time signing session but 5 seconds to walk over and scribble some shit on the kids cap was all it would've took.

The Shop

10/26/2013 5:31pm
I wonder what the whole story was? I know the story went that Chad had some personal problems and that's why he was replaced at Kawasaki. Then I wonder if Mitch knew that Chad was the "Team Manager" at Pro Circuit?
bobby397
10/26/2013 5:41pm
I wonder what the whole story was? I know the story went that Chad had some personal problems and that's why he was replaced at Kawasaki...
I wonder what the whole story was? I know the story went that Chad had some personal problems and that's why he was replaced at Kawasaki. Then I wonder if Mitch knew that Chad was the "Team Manager" at Pro Circuit?
I know he was with RC during all his Kawasaki days and chad has been running his own business and doing great work
MXerDW
10/26/2013 5:41pm
I wonder what the whole story was? I know the story went that Chad had some personal problems and that's why he was replaced at Kawasaki...
RC took Chad with him when he joined Honda.
newmann
10/26/2013 5:48pm
I think Watts always had him on a well prepped machine. Don't ever recall any dnfs for RC during those years. I do remember the team and or RC getting pissed over Chad enjoying some beers after a hard days work and that was the end of that relationship.
Mickolobe7
10/26/2013 5:51pm
newmann wrote:
I think Watts always had him on a well prepped machine. Don't ever recall any dnfs for RC during those years. I do remember the team...
I think Watts always had him on a well prepped machine. Don't ever recall any dnfs for RC during those years. I do remember the team and or RC getting pissed over Chad enjoying some beers after a hard days work and that was the end of that relationship.
While RC jumped on his mountain bike after a national.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
10/26/2013 5:53pm
Dang that's revealing... Kind of speechless now. Hard for me to believe RC got to choose who came. I would think it would be the other way around.
Motodave15
10/26/2013 6:01pm
Gnarly, 150grand... Thats fighting prices lol.

Honestly though in this industry i would assume that shit happens more than anybody would like to admit.
bobby397
10/26/2013 6:03pm
Mickolobe7 wrote:
I remember a fan cursing at RC at the pits because RC refused to sign his sons cap, when the father asked, RC just gave him...
I remember a fan cursing at RC at the pits because RC refused to sign his sons cap, when the father asked, RC just gave him the stink eye. I know it was after the time signing session but 5 seconds to walk over and scribble some shit on the kids cap was all it would've took.
Sounds like it happens regularly

RudyRayMo
10/26/2013 6:10pm
Thats f'd up. I was thinking about chad when i saw that pic of kenny watson on rc's mec bike.
bd
10/26/2013 6:15pm
The GOAT's speech: http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2013/10/25/ricky-carmichael-ama-motorcycle-…

As a fan and rider, a mechanic is one of the most important team members on the team. I am completely aware of Chad Watts contributions to Kawasaki, Honda, and RC's success. Chad stay on the gas. Furthermore, I will not project onto RC. This is strictly between Chad and RC. Hope these two talk.
hvaughn88
10/26/2013 6:19pm
Unfortunately, these are the stories that I hear far too often in every sport and is the reason I don't put any athlete on a pedestal. I don't get autographs, I don't really care to meet them and my respect for them usually ends at the point of things they can do on the bike. I understand why plenty of professional athletes are this way, hell you have to be a bit selfish in order to be the best. But the same trait that makes them so great is usually the same one that makes them huge douchebags. Now I'm not saying they are all like this (pastrana, MC seem really cool) but more often than not, they are. My actual "heroes" in sports tend to be the lesser knows. If I were gonna go meet people in the pits, my first stop would be the back. I guess that's why my favorite riders are top jimmy, decotis, wey and jerry robin.
Hut
10/26/2013 6:31pm
Wow what a bummer. Sad
Was Chad still RC's mechanic for his/their first perfect season?
bd
10/26/2013 6:40pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2013 6:44pm
Hut wrote:
Wow what a bummer. Sad
Was Chad still RC's mechanic for his/their first perfect season?
Yes.... In 2002, Chad Watt was RC's mechanic. Chad just posted something very cool on his FB:

Chad Watts: "Carmicheal treated me great, I busted my ass off to give him the best bike possible every week. No hard feelings toward him, just a simple thank you and realize what all Goose, Bobby Barr did for him."
dantheman
10/26/2013 6:42pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2013 6:43pm
This is not a defense for RC(if this is true), but more of a life lesson people should follow for the matter of principal!

You can't change people, and so... once somebody "shorts" you money(one hundred and fifty grand) well, quit working for them if you don't feel appreciated! It's that simple. Especially a "man" of Chad Watts capability. He surely could have found another rider to wrench for!

Airing out your grievances(now) in public versus being a man and standing up for yourself at the time seems silly. He made his decisions, he was not forced to work for RC.. live with it.

I know this may be unpopular here @ vital, but it is what he should have done. Unless of course the money and fame he was building, minus the 150,000 bonus, were enough on their own Wink Which I suspect is the case.
JB 19
10/26/2013 6:46pm
RC may have been the hardest worker this sport has seen, but it's no secret that he doesn't speak to Lusk, apparently doesn't speak to Chad Watts, and has made very unprofessional comments on the air to Emig.

Ricky seems like a guy who is all buddy buddy as long as everyone kisses his ass, but if not his ego may get in the way........which I have thought would make it tough to be a partner in business with him as well.

He's the GOAT, but part of what makes people a "GOAT" can make them abrasive to be around too.
loftyair
10/26/2013 6:47pm
I can see both sides of this. Chad was shunned, and ricky maybe thinks chad is un-professional. It's between them. But, going way back to Skip Norfolk, I always thought it was gay to show and give anything to the mechanic in pro moto. Of course they do a great job and all, at least most of them. If not, well they get their ass fired! But as a long-time fan, I want to see racing, not mechanics, or even the racers personality, I only care about how fast they go on a motocross track. My opinion of them off the track is different from them on the track anyway.
bobby397
10/26/2013 6:49pm
dantheman wrote:
This is not a defense for RC(if this is true), but more of a life lesson people should follow for the matter of principal! You can't...
This is not a defense for RC(if this is true), but more of a life lesson people should follow for the matter of principal!

You can't change people, and so... once somebody "shorts" you money(one hundred and fifty grand) well, quit working for them if you don't feel appreciated! It's that simple. Especially a "man" of Chad Watts capability. He surely could have found another rider to wrench for!

Airing out your grievances(now) in public versus being a man and standing up for yourself at the time seems silly. He made his decisions, he was not forced to work for RC.. live with it.

I know this may be unpopular here @ vital, but it is what he should have done. Unless of course the money and fame he was building, minus the 150,000 bonus, were enough on their own Wink Which I suspect is the case.
The 150k could have been a huge factor in the split, sure only a few know the full story
JB 19
10/26/2013 6:51pm
Another small example was RC asking to run #4 at Lorettas in 2012. I forget who had the number from finishing 4th in 2011, but in my opinion, Ricky should never have even asked to use the number and put a guy in a position like that.
Hut
10/26/2013 6:55pm
JB 19 wrote:
RC may have been the hardest worker this sport has seen, but it's no secret that he doesn't speak to Lusk, apparently doesn't speak to Chad...
RC may have been the hardest worker this sport has seen, but it's no secret that he doesn't speak to Lusk, apparently doesn't speak to Chad Watts, and has made very unprofessional comments on the air to Emig.

Ricky seems like a guy who is all buddy buddy as long as everyone kisses his ass, but if not his ego may get in the way........which I have thought would make it tough to be a partner in business with him as well.

He's the GOAT, but part of what makes people a "GOAT" can make them abrasive to be around too.
Yep type A personalities may bring results but sure aren't fun to be around.
bd
10/26/2013 6:59pm
loftyair wrote:
I can see both sides of this. Chad was shunned, and ricky maybe thinks chad is un-professional. It's between them. But, going way back to Skip...
I can see both sides of this. Chad was shunned, and ricky maybe thinks chad is un-professional. It's between them. But, going way back to Skip Norfolk, I always thought it was gay to show and give anything to the mechanic in pro moto. Of course they do a great job and all, at least most of them. If not, well they get their ass fired! But as a long-time fan, I want to see racing, not mechanics, or even the racers personality, I only care about how fast they go on a motocross track. My opinion of them off the track is different from them on the track anyway.
Do not think that's the case. He also did not mention Goose. My understanding, RC and Chad are friends. I have a feeling RC missed a line, got caught in the moment. I do not feel RC's intentions were to hurt Watts and Goose
rcm406
10/26/2013 7:00pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2013 7:04pm
Well, he didn't thank Johnny o'mara, Aldon baker, and what was his man friends name ? He was a fox rep and he and RC were tight!
bd
10/26/2013 7:02pm
rcm406 wrote:
Well, he didn't thank Johnny o'mara, Aldon baker, and what was his man friends name ? He was a fox rep and he and RC were...
Well, he didn't thank Johnny o'mara, Aldon baker, and what was his man friends name ? He was a fox rep and he and RC were tight!
Beeker?
500guy
10/26/2013 7:02pm
JB 19 wrote:
RC may have been the hardest worker this sport has seen, but it's no secret that he doesn't speak to Lusk, apparently doesn't speak to Chad...

Yup, Throw in some home schooling an ungodly amount of pressure from a young age coupled with being pampered and you get possibly a winner & a Monster.
ocscottie
10/26/2013 7:05pm
Sounds like someone is butthurt that he threw his own career away.
dantheman
10/26/2013 7:06pm
dantheman wrote:
This is not a defense for RC(if this is true), but more of a life lesson people should follow for the matter of principal! You can't...

bobby397 wrote:
The 150k could have been a huge factor in the split, sure only a few know the full story
Possibly, I couldn't tell which Championship it was and then how long after they split. Or even if the split was simply due to RC going to Suzuki and Chad not being apart of that move.
gt80rider
10/26/2013 7:08pm
we've all done plenty of douche bag things in our lives, but some more than others.... for any of you younger guys, its the douche bag things that you constantly think about later in life, not the good things....

Post a reply to: RC, GOAT, DOUCHE?

The Latest