RC BROADCAST

reded
10/21/2019 2:43am
They both sound like bumbling idiots most of of the time and Rickys inability to roll with a joke and/or poke a little fun at himself makes me cringe. There’s surely someone out there who could announce this shit in the same way that Romo announces football. They don’t have to be a 10x champ in order to know how to ride a motorcycle, what the parts do and who the players are.
mauidex
10/21/2019 7:01am
Im still pissed off that I dont get tearoff/roll off 101 anymore!!!
10/21/2019 7:28am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2019 8:20am
EZZA 95B wrote:
They should watch UFC. The commentary (with the exception of Rogan) and post-fight interviews are fucking unreal! The in-depth stories/history of the *athletes really amps things...
They should watch UFC. The commentary (with the exception of Rogan) and post-fight interviews are fucking unreal!
The in-depth stories/history of the *athletes really amps things up too.

Will Christiansen should also take notes from Megan Olivi.
Megan is next level and can actually get people to do an interview, and is extremely educated on the sport.
Nate Diaz can usually barely say an understandable sentence.
However,
Her sit down interview with him doesn't even sound like him. IIt's a great interview and she gets people to relax, and shes easy on the eyes too.

https://youtu.be/Zs3poubJhMs
gt80rider
10/21/2019 7:33am
RC is terrible in the booth.... and always has been........ what dirt does RC have on people to be able to keep this gig???

The Shop

10/21/2019 7:34am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2019 7:40am
Weege and GL are the best we have. Blair is clueless when it comes to moto history. He didn't even know a SX team was running Hoosiers for a full season when he said he had never heard of the tires.
Just ask him where Magoo is from.
The only reason he knows anything about the Vohlands is because of Max.
Both Tallon and Tyson are way before his time.

I'd bet Vincwnt would do a better job, and he doesn't really give a crap about moto.
mooch
Fantasy
449th
10/21/2019 8:01am
A category is needed in the dumgeon for folks who feel the need to continuously whine about the GOAT.

Seriously, the repetitious whining on this topic is way too played out.
10/21/2019 8:10am
At least he didn't pull a Ralph and say that the Joker lane has to be taken every lap making 99% of the track the "Joker Lane" to the average viewer.
BobbyM
10/21/2019 8:33am
MX690 wrote:
I may be in the minority here but I don't mind RC I think he does an alright job, he may not be technically perfect but...
I may be in the minority here but I don't mind RC I think he does an alright job, he may not be technically perfect but who gives a shit, it is what it is.
BMSOBx2 wrote:
So we should learn to accept incompetence right? That seems to be going around these days. I'm sorry I expect more. RC will never be a...
So we should learn to accept incompetence right? That seems to be going around these days. I'm sorry I expect more. RC will never be a good announcer.
American standard has been lowered to near "handball on a curb" level since the last election. Duh... RC is the best.
str8line
10/21/2019 10:44am
gt80rider wrote:
RC is terrible in the booth.... and always has been........ what dirt does RC have on people to be able to keep this gig???

I was thinking the exact same thing. It's like he knows about the producer/promoter cheating on his wife or something.
5280mx
10/21/2019 9:48pm
Did you know AC9 can manipulate time? Ralph mentioned how he won supermini in 2011 at age 13, then here he is now winning MEC at age 23. I had to rewind to verify what Ralph said.
And can we start a fundraiser to get RC some suits?
Frodad78
10/22/2019 4:55am
RC is improving, you can tell he's working on it. Ralph on the other hand still makes me twitch when he goes all "sensational'.
Tuzzo123
10/22/2019 5:28am
Sauce96 wrote:
After watching MEC last night I cringed every time Ricky went to speak. He tripped over his words every time he went to talk. Then had...
After watching MEC last night I cringed every time Ricky went to speak. He tripped over his words every time he went to talk. Then had to back step and correct himself. His first year I’ll give it to him it’s tough, but at the same
Time this is a “new year” it’s time to get it together.

Daniel Blair on the other hand is spot on, calm and composed hats off to that guy.
And how are you in front of such a critical audience? It takes time to get comfortable and be able to slow down your brain and speak naturally.
cbarber
Fantasy
2209th
10/22/2019 5:31am
5280mx wrote:
Did you know AC9 can manipulate time? Ralph mentioned how he won supermini in 2011 at age 13, then here he is now winning MEC at...
Did you know AC9 can manipulate time? Ralph mentioned how he won supermini in 2011 at age 13, then here he is now winning MEC at age 23. I had to rewind to verify what Ralph said.
you care about what he is wearing while you listen to him? seriously, some of you need to relax a little bit.
katooom
10/22/2019 5:42am
Frodad78 wrote:
RC is improving, you can tell he's working on it. Ralph on the other hand still makes me twitch when he goes all "sensational'.
+1
Noticed RC actually got the adverb 'well' vs adjective 'good' right a few times. Thumbs up.

Ralph on the other hand, over sensationalist, lost cause.
10/22/2019 6:02am
5280mx wrote:
Did you know AC9 can manipulate time? Ralph mentioned how he won supermini in 2011 at age 13, then here he is now winning MEC at...
"The joker Lane has to be taken every lap" had me lmao.
Casting
10/22/2019 7:03am
Does everything come back to politics with you?

tingo
10/22/2019 7:30am
I like Ralph, and RC, and Emig, and Weege, and GL, and Daniel, and turtles. Ralph calls the race and brings excitement (sensationalism) to the broadcast - it's exactly what he is supposed to do. And I think he's good at it. Ricky brings the racer's perspective (as did Emig), and again, he is good at it. Do they fmumble on words at times? Yep. Do they say some things that are entirely incorrect at times? Yep. Calling anything live is a tough job. Doing it while having to work in replays, produced pieces, commercials, promo stuff, talking points from the producers, etc, makes it all the more difficult. There is one thing these recurring threads prove: it is a lot easier to bitch on the Internet than it is to be in the booth.
Spudnut
10/22/2019 8:16am
I already want weege and GL back

I get that Ricky is the GOAT but I really just don’t see him as a good fit in the booth every weekend. Emig and Ralph were a better match IMO

Blair would be good, he would put the work in in that position and find out who all is running Hoosiers
MDana87
10/22/2019 11:26am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2019 11:29am
I actually muted the MEC unless DB or WC were on camera. It wasn't as bad but it wasn't great not being able to hear the crowd going crazy while the producers totally missed something... that's always a "good-time". AND what's with the girl interviewing Super-Mini? Has it been dumbed-down enough to where it needs to be "cute" now??? MF'r it's going the wrong direction and fast...

Weege for Ralph's spot.

Any of the following for Carmichael's spot (in no particular order):
JT
GL
Emig
Paul Malin
Daniel Blair
David Bailey

NO WAY I'm paying for NBCSports Gold to listen to those two...
10/22/2019 12:24pm
The biggest issue here is that RC is a straight up moron. Sure, being able to read and write doesn’t matter much when you race bikes, but when you then enter the real world again, it really shows. He can barely speak. The guy has a 25 word vocabulary.

Point being, saying ‘he’s trying’ isn’t good enough for a professional broadcast. He’s dreadful at it.

Maybe he could stay in broadcasting. There must be a kids show out there somewhere that needs a cuddly fat guy to teach them how to write ‘the cat sat on the hat’.
Sideways
10/22/2019 12:43pm
He needs to be himself. also don't call people bud or put your hand on their shoulder. it's demeaning.
Exactly. This bugged the hell out of me!
10/22/2019 2:15pm
You might want to have a look at the news.... your boy in DC is doing about as well as Ralph and Ricky.
ProKawi24
10/22/2019 3:07pm
Jesus fucking Christ here's an idea...how about you all stop acting like a bunch of pussies and just enjoy watching the races??? When Ralph or RC screw up, do what I do - laugh and call them a dumbass then go back to watching the racing. Half the time I don't even pay attention to what they're saying because I'm busy yelling at a rider or focused on what lines they're riding, etc.

And for those of you who mute the damn TV...WTF?!?! Are you really that sensitive??? Now you can't even hear the bikes because you simply can't get past the announcing crew? Get over it already.

I can't believe some of you actually race MX.

PS - shove your politics up your ass. Nobody wants to read about that here.

/ end of rant.
reded
10/22/2019 3:15pm
Somebody needs to get laid! ☝🏻
Premixed112
10/22/2019 3:24pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
Jesus fucking Christ here's an idea...how about you all stop acting like a bunch of pussies and just enjoy watching the races??? When Ralph or RC...
Jesus fucking Christ here's an idea...how about you all stop acting like a bunch of pussies and just enjoy watching the races??? When Ralph or RC screw up, do what I do - laugh and call them a dumbass then go back to watching the racing. Half the time I don't even pay attention to what they're saying because I'm busy yelling at a rider or focused on what lines they're riding, etc.

And for those of you who mute the damn TV...WTF?!?! Are you really that sensitive??? Now you can't even hear the bikes because you simply can't get past the announcing crew? Get over it already.

/ end of rant.
Whatever happened to striving to do better and improve? I'm surprised that so many of you are cool with accepting mediocrity.
m21racing
10/22/2019 3:28pm
Why not just drink whenever there's a grammatical fuckup?
ProKawi24
10/22/2019 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 10/22/2019 5:17pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
Jesus fucking Christ here's an idea...how about you all stop acting like a bunch of pussies and just enjoy watching the races??? When Ralph or RC...

/ end of rant.
Whatever happened to striving to do better and improve? I'm surprised that so many of you are cool with accepting mediocrity.
It's not about accepting mediocrity. We have a very niche sport to begin with, anyone who has delusions of this becoming anywhere near as big as football, basketball, baseball, hockey, etc. forget it. Weege & Ralph are about as good as it will get when it comes to someone who isn't an ex-pro doing commentary. I WILL agree that I would rather have Weege in the booth than Ralph 100x over, but NBC won't fork out millions to get Joe Buck or whoever else and you know what? I like that. I like having ex pro's who are a bit out of their comfort zone but still heavily involved. Every time RC or Emig make a mistake I laugh a little and focus on the RACE.

My point still stands...stop being a bunch of babies. If I have a group of buddies over watching the race and someone goes to mute the tv because they can't deal with the commenting you'll get kicked right the fk out. Like M21racing said...make a drinking game out of it and loosen up.
Bojangles
10/23/2019 7:05pm
The biggest issue here is that RC is a straight up moron. Sure, being able to read and write doesn’t matter much when you race bikes...
The biggest issue here is that RC is a straight up moron. Sure, being able to read and write doesn’t matter much when you race bikes, but when you then enter the real world again, it really shows. He can barely speak. The guy has a 25 word vocabulary.

Point being, saying ‘he’s trying’ isn’t good enough for a professional broadcast. He’s dreadful at it.

Maybe he could stay in broadcasting. There must be a kids show out there somewhere that needs a cuddly fat guy to teach them how to write ‘the cat sat on the hat’.
RC is a straight up moron? Have you ever met the man or had a conversation with him? Obviously not or you wouldn’t be so harsh. Not only is he one of the greatest dirt bike riders of all time, but he is one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet and extremely capable of carrying on a pleasant and intelligent conversation. Don’t mistake his north Florida vocabulary for a lack of intelligence. You may not like his broadcasting, and that’s ok, everybody on here is a critic, but he’s far from being a moron. As a matter of fact, I’d be willing to bet he’s smarter than you. I know his wallet is probably fatter than yours anyway.

Post a reply to: RC BROADCAST

The Latest