RC BROADCAST

Sauce96
10/20/2019 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 10/23/2019 7:05pm
After watching MEC last night I cringed every time Ricky went to speak. He tripped over his words every time he went to talk. Then had to back step and correct himself. His first year I’ll give it to him it’s tough, but at the same
Time this is a “new year” it’s time to get it together.

Daniel Blair on the other hand is spot on, calm and composed hats off to that guy.
|
hillbilly
10/20/2019 12:41pm
RC is a dirt bike racer,what you expect?

Turn the audio down dipshit
daemon616
10/20/2019 12:44pm
RC went on pulpmx. All is forgiven.
mxridr
10/20/2019 12:45pm
here we go again

this is motocross, we aint watching the PGA here.

I’d rather have the GOAT doing the commentary, rather than some literary genius just for the sake of his eloquent grammar
Premixed112
10/20/2019 12:47pm
There was a moment last night where he jumbled together “turn” and “corner” to make “torner”.

That’s incredible, Ralph.

The Shop

Gilby122
10/20/2019 1:07pm
I enjoy him for who and what he is. And I appreciate the jabs at Ralph or anyone else. He’s earned the right to be a little cocky sometimes. Also saw he’s been responding to some of the hate on twitter and IG! Laughing
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
10/20/2019 1:12pm
hillbilly wrote:

Used to be a dirt bike racer. He was really good at it.

Is now a broadcaster. He’s really bad at it.
MX690
10/20/2019 1:17pm
I may be in the minority here but I don't mind RC I think he does an alright job, he may not be technically perfect but who gives a shit, it is what it is.
tek14
10/20/2019 1:35pm
Didnt notice him on broadcast but who hell did make him official designer of SX tracks... only one thinks it great track is usually him.
10/20/2019 1:38pm
hillbilly wrote:

I pay money to watch this shit, I shouldn’t have to watch it in silence because the announcing is that bad.

It doesn’t have to be NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL level announcing... Weege and Langston do a great job with the outdoors, hell even Emig does a good job most of the time. But I don’t know why Feld seems to be married to Ralph and Ricky in the booth. Too many awkward moments and mistakes.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2866th
10/20/2019 2:08pm
Bets on how many of these same exact threads are posted during the season? Gonna go with 6.
dimetime
10/20/2019 2:11pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Bets on how many of these same exact threads are posted during the season? Gonna go with 6.
You mean per week, right?
10/20/2019 2:13pm
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was watching a dirt bike race. I didn't notice anyone talking.
hillbilly
10/20/2019 2:14pm
hillbilly wrote:

I pay money to watch this shit, I shouldn’t have to watch it in silence because the announcing is that bad. It doesn’t have to be...
I pay money to watch this shit, I shouldn’t have to watch it in silence because the announcing is that bad.

It doesn’t have to be NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL level announcing... Weege and Langston do a great job with the outdoors, hell even Emig does a good job most of the time. But I don’t know why Feld seems to be married to Ralph and Ricky in the booth. Too many awkward moments and mistakes.
Pay money? Sucker
10/20/2019 2:19pm
You could have your mom run the sweeper while the race is on, so you don't have to hear it?
10/20/2019 2:39pm
mxridr wrote:
here we go again this is motocross, we aint watching the PGA here. I’d rather have the GOAT doing the commentary, rather than some literary genius...
here we go again

this is motocross, we aint watching the PGA here.

I’d rather have the GOAT doing the commentary, rather than some literary genius just for the sake of his eloquent grammar
Weege, GL, and Blair show us year after year that there IS a happy medium between those two choices. Surely there are plenty of ex-riders who can spit out a coherent, halfway intelligent string of words when necessary. Huh
10/20/2019 2:39pm
Every time one of these threads comes up - which is literally after every race we're subjected to the two of them, in addition to occasional ones called by Weege and Grant that remind us mid-summer how bad Ralph and Ricky are - I have to laugh at the apologists around here....

Often, it's the same guys who howl with incredulity whenever a rider they don't like makes the smallest of mistakes, calling him an idiot, or over hyped.... Then there's the "Spoke with my wallet" gang posting in anger about bike they just bought which has a loose bolt, an ill fitting piece of plastic, not enough grease, or any other manner of less than perfect construction.

But when it comes to the Kooks in the booth... excuses.

So I have to ask, "Where is this standard," as it applies to Tweedle Dee, and Tweedle Dumb up in the booth? I'm curious why the inconsistency, as we all pay for those guys too through cable packages or various Apps....? Why the free pass?

Ralph and RC are AWFUL. Full stop. I was brought up very much in the school of, "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing properly," and it's an embarrassment to see a professional sport handled so poorly week in, week out. Year after year. Same junk time and again. So again, why the excuses?

You don't need to look far, even within our sport to see examples of it done properly: Weege and Grant, Paul Malin in MXGP, the Pulp Pods, the list goes on.

It's shit, let's call it what it is. Imagine the World Series called to their level? Would that be ok too?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
10/20/2019 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2019 3:18pm
****"Ralph and RC are AWFUL. Full stop. I was brought up very much in the school of, "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing properly," and it's an embarrassment to see a professional sport handled so poorly week in, week out. Year after year. Same junk time and again. So again, why the excuses?"**** - To The Chopper

All of this. RC's the Greatest Of All Time on a dirtbike, no question. But broadcasting a race requires a very different skillset - one which he obviously lacks. We've heard so many guests in the booth do verbal wheelies around him while he fumbles to clearly articulate even the simplest thoughts.

That's not to say RC's dumb or doesnt HAVE good observations - he simply isn't good at spitting out words in a quick, clear, concise way. So why not hire someone who is instead?
RAD60
10/20/2019 3:14pm
I like Ricky , could care less what Ralph has to say,,,
jeffro503
10/20/2019 3:23pm
Would you guy's rather have another announcer that knows absolutely jack shit about the sport , and what it takes to get to the top? Or an announcer who fumbles sometimes , but knows exactly what he's talking about.......because he's the best this sport has ever seen?

Do I laugh at some of the thing's Ricky says? Yeah. I laugh at what Ralph say's even more though. Ralph honestly knows quite a bit about this sport . because is a true 100% motohead.

Do you want to listen to an ex-professional MX / SX rider.....or a professional broadcaster that really doesn't know much about what it really takes to climb up the ladder in this sport?

You aren't going to find a professional at both , so instead of bitching , maybe cut RC some slack? Just my opinion.
10/20/2019 3:31pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2019 3:35pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Would you guy's rather have another announcer that knows absolutely jack shit about the sport , and what it takes to get to the top? Or...
Would you guy's rather have another announcer that knows absolutely jack shit about the sport , and what it takes to get to the top? Or an announcer who fumbles sometimes , but knows exactly what he's talking about.......because he's the best this sport has ever seen?

Do I laugh at some of the thing's Ricky says? Yeah. I laugh at what Ralph say's even more though. Ralph honestly knows quite a bit about this sport . because is a true 100% motohead.

Do you want to listen to an ex-professional MX / SX rider.....or a professional broadcaster that really doesn't know much about what it really takes to climb up the ladder in this sport?

You aren't going to find a professional at both , so instead of bitching , maybe cut RC some slack? Just my opinion.
Really? Come on Jeffro... you can do better than that.

Your logic is non-existent, and the choices you list are ridiculous.

I'd rather listen to someone like Jason Thomas, you know, a career Main Event guy who knows how to both speak, and break things down, than to RC who is entirely inept. There is not only one JT out there... Mr Blair is already on the broadcast.

I would prefer a "Career Broadcaster," like Weege, who knows how to call a sport on TV, and who happens to know a thing or two about said sport. He is not the only one, so don't paint a picture of "Ralph, or the local 6 o'clock news guy." It's not like that and you know it.

If you don't like the bitching about institutionalised incompetence, then by your logic don't click on the thread? At least I am paying good money to complain about what I don't want to hear, this is free. Just say'n. Smile

*** Edited to say, "I can't thank Guy B for this great free platform where we can express our views. And to my wife for supporting me each Saturday night."
Graybeard
Fantasy
2478th
10/20/2019 3:41pm
Not a hater of either, but man the crew missed a lot of passes up front last night.
jonesaustin
10/20/2019 3:42pm
it's a problem of authenticity. RC - do not listen to what the experts say (yes, they pay you, but they don't know).

just be you.

also, don't call people "bud" and don't put your hand on their shoulder.
jeffro503
10/20/2019 3:44pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Would you guy's rather have another announcer that knows absolutely jack shit about the sport , and what it takes to get to the top? Or...

Really? Come on Jeffro... you can do better than that. Your logic is non-existent, and the choices you list are ridiculous. I'd rather listen to someone...
Really? Come on Jeffro... you can do better than that.

Your logic is non-existent, and the choices you list are ridiculous.

I'd rather listen to someone like Jason Thomas, you know, a career Main Event guy who knows how to both speak, and break things down, than to RC who is entirely inept. There is not only one JT out there... Mr Blair is already on the broadcast.

I would prefer a "Career Broadcaster," like Weege, who knows how to call a sport on TV, and who happens to know a thing or two about said sport. He is not the only one, so don't paint a picture of "Ralph, or the local 6 o'clock news guy." It's not like that and you know it.

If you don't like the bitching about institutionalised incompetence, then by your logic don't click on the thread? At least I am paying good money to complain about what I don't want to hear, this is free. Just say'n. Smile

*** Edited to say, "I can't thank Guy B for this great free platform where we can express our views. And to my wife for supporting me each Saturday night."
You know what , you make some great points , and I totally get where you are coming from. I was just trying to say that maybe we cut RC a little slack. Mainly because of who he is and what he's accomplished in the sport. But I get what you're saying.
jonesaustin
10/20/2019 3:45pm
He needs to be himself. also don't call people bud or put your hand on their shoulder. it's demeaning.
10/20/2019 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2019 5:00pm
There's no doubt he kind of sucks. He's tried to be super professional, and it seems to be worse as he takes ages to spell out every sentence and still messes it up. I think it's time to go full-on hillbilly mode and just let whatever stupid words and phrases flow out of his mouth naturally.
10/20/2019 3:58pm
the home schooling + no need to get a real job = rc on camera.

gnarwhip
10/20/2019 4:02pm
I ain’t seen a better announcer than RC bud. Y’all ain’t got no binnus talkin bad bout no RC. I seen he ain’t no good talkin bout them dirt bikes, but y’all ain’t know how tuff it is.
10/20/2019 4:02pm
We automatically cut him slack bc he's Ricky-freaking-Carmichael. But what about those tuning in for the first time? What does that say about our sport?

It's like getting your 6 y/o kid to paint your house. As a proud daddy, you might think, "awww, look at what little Geoffrey did!" When to everyone else, it just looks like a patchy, splattery mess.

Post a reply to: RC BROADCAST

The Latest