RAW video: Garrett Marchbanks is a sand beast

Related:
Create New Tag

12/22/2018 10:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2018 11:51 AM

A few weeks back we were doing the 250 shootout at Nuevo sand "track". Due the recent rains there were plenty of pro riders pounding laps. One of the most impressive riders was Garrett Marchbanks. He was not only fast, but also kept going until the dark. I had to take break from my own riding to film some laps from him. I wonder where his sand skills come from? Check it out (I currently have some problems with my original channel, so until those are sorted out I'll load the raw riding videos to this other channel. Give it a follow!)

|

12/22/2018 11:28 AM

These guys should buy a water truck thats capable of offroad split costs and water these areas whenever instead of waiting for rain in the area!

|

12/22/2018 11:31 AM

It's not public land, we actually get booted from riding this spot. Going out to the highway over and over to get water at a fire hydrant (which I believe is illegal without a permit) is just going to bring attention to what we're doing. Guys are just riding this one because it rained out the SX and MX tracks, so it's fun to do to get some riding in.

|

12/22/2018 11:58 AM

Proper training grounds for Assen.

|

12/22/2018 12:45 PM

Is that Bas Vaessen in front of him @1:45?

|

12/22/2018 12:59 PM

To be honest I didn't think he looked that impressive, but it all depends who you're riding with to how you look. Flapping off the back of that 450 like he was gonna lose control at any point.

|

12/22/2018 1:26 PM

wideopen198 wrote:

Is that Bas Vaessen in front of him @1:45?

Maybeeeeee... whistling

|

12/22/2018 2:59 PM

mx_phreek wrote:

To be honest I didn't think he looked that impressive, but it all depends who you're riding with to how you look. Flapping off the back of that 450 like he was gonna lose control at any point.

I remember AJ Catanzaro catching a lot of shit for being critical on Marchbanks style, but after watching this video I see exactly what he was talking about. Marchbanks rides with a stiff back and loose/low armshe's going to break his eff'n back if he keeps riding the way he does.

|

12/22/2018 3:50 PM

I thought the same thing about this kid. Hes the most vanilla rider Ive ever seen he just rides like a robot with no style swag whatever you wanna call it. Its like a video game character.

|