"RACE" ENGINES

bigcat
2/21/2018 1:49pm
RCF wrote:
Where's the pictures, I'll tell you what if I have time this weekend I'll try and take a picture of the slave cylinder on his bike...
Where's the pictures, I'll tell you what if I have time this weekend I'll try and take a picture of the slave cylinder on his bike and that will tell us right there what's in it.
That just popped up in my email box from Rekluse!
The Rekluse Race report
They claim he is running the RadiusCX, not me!Whistling

RCF
2/21/2018 2:25pm
RCF wrote:
Where's the pictures, I'll tell you what if I have time this weekend I'll try and take a picture of the slave cylinder on his bike...
Where's the pictures, I'll tell you what if I have time this weekend I'll try and take a picture of the slave cylinder on his bike and that will tell us right there what's in it.
bigcat wrote:
That just popped up in my email box from Rekluse! The Rekluse Race report They claim he is running the RadiusCX, not me![img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/21/245293/s1200_Ryan_Sipes_credit_Darrin_Chapman.jpg[/img]:whistle:
The Rekluse Race report

well maybe he did run it for One race ,it would explain why he only won 7 of the 12 challenges.

I could only find one picture of the left side of his GNCC bike and there's no rekluse auto in that.

LungButter
2/21/2018 2:57pm
RCF wrote:
bigcat wrote:
That just popped up in my email box from Rekluse! The Rekluse Race report They claim he is running the RadiusCX, not me![img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/21/245293/s1200_Ryan_Sipes_credit_Darrin_Chapman.jpg[/img]:whistle:
The Rekluse Race report

RCF wrote:
well maybe he did run it for One race ,it would explain why he only won 7 of the 12 challenges. I could only find one...
well maybe he did run it for One race ,it would explain why he only won 7 of the 12 challenges.

I could only find one picture of the left side of his GNCC bike and there's no rekluse auto in that.

You're ridiculous. Only won 7 of 12 cause of the rekluse? Give me a break.

Haters gonna hate I suppose.
RCF
2/21/2018 3:45pm
Ridiculous at least I have proof to back up what im saying.

The Shop

JM485
2/21/2018 4:28pm
RCF wrote:
Ridiculous at least I have proof to back up what im saying. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/21/245306/s1200_0515161224.jpg[/img]

I'm really struggling here to see how an auto clutch caused your clutch plate to break. Did it ever occur to you that you might have gotten a bad batch of plates or something? It happens, regardless of what you buy there will always be some outliers in the group, so unless this is some reoccurring problem that I've heard nothing about then I'm thinking you just had some bad luck. I run just the friction disk and my OEM plates are going on over 150 hours without needing replacement, and I'm just not seeing how adding an auto clutch could possibly cause plates to fail.

If you want to see that I'm not just putting around the track look up my IG, it's posted in my signature.
RCF
2/21/2018 5:26pm
RCF wrote:
Ridiculous at least I have proof to back up what im saying. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/21/245306/s1200_0515161224.jpg[/img]

JM485 wrote:
I'm really struggling here to see how an auto clutch caused your clutch plate to break. Did it ever occur to you that you might have...
I'm really struggling here to see how an auto clutch caused your clutch plate to break. Did it ever occur to you that you might have gotten a bad batch of plates or something? It happens, regardless of what you buy there will always be some outliers in the group, so unless this is some reoccurring problem that I've heard nothing about then I'm thinking you just had some bad luck. I run just the friction disk and my OEM plates are going on over 150 hours without needing replacement, and I'm just not seeing how adding an auto clutch could possibly cause plates to fail.

If you want to see that I'm not just putting around the track look up my IG, it's posted in my signature.
Okay here is the story. it happened multiple times , , ,the pictures are of two different bikes 250 SX and a 350 sx-f ,in the two stroke they told me they were breaking because you need to change the clutch dampeners every 15 hr., So I put new dampeners in bought new steel plates and check them again at 15 hours and it was the same thing, they weren't crack this time ( I think I caught the first one at 40 hours) but they were egg out where the plates ride on the pins, that was a second set of trashed steel plates in that bike. So at this point I decided it wasn't worth the effort and pulled the clutch out. another problem with it in the two stroke if you had any type of notching in the basket the clutch didn't work right because it would hang up , in order to keep it working smoothly I would have had to put 2 baskets a seasoning in , with the manual clutch we can get a whole season out of a basket without any problems.

Okay now the 350 in this bike I had three failures before i deciding to pull the clutch out ,once again I called recluse and they told me they were having problems with the clutches in the KTM four strokes and as they broke they agreed to give me new steel plates in return I would have to send them my broken ones for their R&D to look at , I had just purchased a new 350 decide to put the clutch in that with a new set of plates they had sent me , I had 5 hours on this bike when the plates broke again this time there was so much metal shavings that it clogged the oil pump and destroyed the engine so that pretty much cured my interest in rekluse, I do still have one in my street and trail but would never use one in a race application again.
Now maybe they have fixed the problems they were having with their new clutch they're offering but I'm still a little bitter about the last one,.

so there you have it , I know there are lots of people who never had a problem with recluse, and I was having a little fun with the above post about Ryan Sipes ,I'm sure he use the rekluse for One race to promote his sponsors but I guarantee you will never see one in his bike at a GNCC or any other top Pro, do you really think a ride of of that caliber would have any need for an automatic clutch it's laughable ,it would have no benefit To him and it would be just something to break and cause a dnf.
JM485
2/21/2018 7:06pm
RCF wrote:
Okay here is the story. it happened multiple times , , ,the pictures are of two different bikes 250 SX and a 350 sx-f ,in the...
Okay here is the story. it happened multiple times , , ,the pictures are of two different bikes 250 SX and a 350 sx-f ,in the two stroke they told me they were breaking because you need to change the clutch dampeners every 15 hr., So I put new dampeners in bought new steel plates and check them again at 15 hours and it was the same thing, they weren't crack this time ( I think I caught the first one at 40 hours) but they were egg out where the plates ride on the pins, that was a second set of trashed steel plates in that bike. So at this point I decided it wasn't worth the effort and pulled the clutch out. another problem with it in the two stroke if you had any type of notching in the basket the clutch didn't work right because it would hang up , in order to keep it working smoothly I would have had to put 2 baskets a seasoning in , with the manual clutch we can get a whole season out of a basket without any problems.

Okay now the 350 in this bike I had three failures before i deciding to pull the clutch out ,once again I called recluse and they told me they were having problems with the clutches in the KTM four strokes and as they broke they agreed to give me new steel plates in return I would have to send them my broken ones for their R&D to look at , I had just purchased a new 350 decide to put the clutch in that with a new set of plates they had sent me , I had 5 hours on this bike when the plates broke again this time there was so much metal shavings that it clogged the oil pump and destroyed the engine so that pretty much cured my interest in rekluse, I do still have one in my street and trail but would never use one in a race application again.
Now maybe they have fixed the problems they were having with their new clutch they're offering but I'm still a little bitter about the last one,.

so there you have it , I know there are lots of people who never had a problem with recluse, and I was having a little fun with the above post about Ryan Sipes ,I'm sure he use the rekluse for One race to promote his sponsors but I guarantee you will never see one in his bike at a GNCC or any other top Pro, do you really think a ride of of that caliber would have any need for an automatic clutch it's laughable ,it would have no benefit To him and it would be just something to break and cause a dnf.
Like I said before, 7dueceduece ran one (and may even still run one). Based on what you've posted I'm assuming you had the full system in there rather then just the friction disk like I have, so does that mean you aren't able to use OEM plates and steels? Obviously you've had more than bad luck with those Rekluse plates, so something is definitely wrong there, I'd be pretty pissed to. To think it wouldn't benefit a pro is a little short sighted I think though, once you learn to use it effectively there really is no comparison to a standard clutch, it just lets you do some things much, much easier.
RCF
2/21/2018 7:47pm
RCF wrote:
Okay here is the story. it happened multiple times , , ,the pictures are of two different bikes 250 SX and a 350 sx-f ,in the...

JM485 wrote:
Like I said before, 7dueceduece ran one (and may even still run one). Based on what you've posted I'm assuming you had the full system in...
Like I said before, 7dueceduece ran one (and may even still run one). Based on what you've posted I'm assuming you had the full system in there rather then just the friction disk like I have, so does that mean you aren't able to use OEM plates and steels? Obviously you've had more than bad luck with those Rekluse plates, so something is definitely wrong there, I'd be pretty pissed to. To think it wouldn't benefit a pro is a little short sighted I think though, once you learn to use it effectively there really is no comparison to a standard clutch, it just lets you do some things much, much easier.
They were rekluse plates, I wasn't even aware that you could run your stock steel plates, I have 5 rekluse clutches and they all came with their own steel plates I even have a manual and you have to use their steel plates with that also ,the fiber plates are stock. I still have all of them cuz I'm a hoarder and my kids fiance still runs one in her bike and although she's never broke one I like having spare parts.

And we will just have to agree to disagree that there's any benefit for a top-tier Rider to use an auto clutch.

race at Evansville

Post a reply to: "RACE" ENGINES

The Latest