Quick question for carb gurus

Steely Dan
Mikuni. Two vent hoses point upward, two hoses point to the left and right. I always assumed the left and right were the over flow, and the upward facing ones were the vent tubes. Right?

I was just happenstance glancing at an ex Vohland bike and PC had the left/right vent tubes run into the airbox, which would mean those are the ventilation tubes.

So which is it? Only thing is, the Vohland bike had a Keihin 36 twist top. (99?)
|
slipdog
8/28/2016 7:37am
I thought it was just a T built into the body so it shouldn't matter even though the vertical as a vent and the horizontal as the overflow seems to make more sense.

How did your TMX jet kit work out for you?
Steely Dan
8/28/2016 11:43am
slipdog wrote:
I thought it was just a T built into the body so it shouldn't matter even though the vertical as a vent and the horizontal as...
I thought it was just a T built into the body so it shouldn't matter even though the vertical as a vent and the horizontal as the overflow seems to make more sense.

How did your TMX jet kit work out for you?
Night and day. The needle took any remaining hesitation out of the mid, and I think the pipe really helped the over rev situation. Shifted the power higher. Silencer sounded good too.

Post a reply to: Quick question for carb gurus

The Latest