Quick question about js7

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2021 10:13 AM

Does anyone know if he’s still with redbull? If he is why would redbull not want to pick up sexton and just let monster get him I think it would have been cool for them both to be on redbull.

|

2/17/2021 10:18 AM

Becasue Jett is the answer. I like Chase but Jett is more marketable.

|

2/17/2021 10:32 AM

skeef wrote:

Is Chase "keeping the seat warm" for Jett?? The future looks bright for Honda... Question is, who vacates the 450 seat first- KR or CS? (Thinking Jett has got '22 & '23 on a 250.) Chase & Jett on 450 Hondas for 2024?? (KR Retires)

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

2/17/2021 10:34 AM

No, he is not

|

2/17/2021 10:35 AM

skeef wrote:

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

Is Chase "keeping the seat warm" for Jett?? The future looks bright for Honda... Question is, who vacates the 450 seat first- ...more

Roczen retires before Honda lets Chase go.

|

2/18/2021 7:11 AM

Post starts out as a JS7 inquiry immediately turns into a post about Jett Lawrence becoming the savior of the sport lol.

|

2/18/2021 7:21 AM

Honda will never let go of chase or Jett. Both are the future. As far as James...no idea honestly. I doubt it. When he had those ride days he had nothing Red Bull on him or the bike. Plain black bell and seven gear.

|

2/18/2021 8:21 AM

motomike137 wrote:

Post starts out as a JS7 inquiry immediately turns into a post about Jett Lawrence becoming the savior of the sport lol.

To be fair, it wasn't so long ago that all sorts of unrelated threads would eventually become about JS7. Time is marching on.

|

2/18/2021 8:30 AM

Why would Red Bull sponsor Sexton just because he has a relationship with James?

|

2/18/2021 8:40 AM

motomike137 wrote:

I just wanted to know if js7 is still with redbull, if not why wouldn’t they want to keep him and if he still was is it weird that chase is with monster it confused me because redbull had a relationship with Honda also so why not have 3 of the 4 factory Honda riders and wait until hunter proves himself for them to pick him up.

|

2/18/2021 8:44 AM

ryanc289 wrote:

I just wanted to know if js7 is still with redbull, if not why wouldn’t they want to keep him and if he still was is it weird ...more

"why wouldn’t they want to keep him"

Because James no longer had value. He stepped away from the sport and wasn't present on any social media network.

Why continue paying anyone that's not out there promoting your company?

It's just business.
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/18/2021 8:47 AM

motomike137 wrote:

ryanc289 wrote:

I just wanted to know if js7 is still with redbull, if not why wouldn’t they want to keep him and if he still was is it weird ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote: "why wouldn’t they want to keep him"

Because James no longer had value. He stepped away from the sport and wasn't present on ...more

This. I like James, but he doesn’t do anything worth sponsoring. He’s not posting riding videos on Instagram and YouTube or doing exhibition events or anything marketable. He’s living a relatively quiet life working with Sexton, running a gear line, and being a dad and there’s nothing wrong with that.

|

2/18/2021 8:47 AM

motomike137 wrote:

ryanc289 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote: "why wouldn’t they want to keep him"

Because James no longer had value. He stepped away from the sport and wasn't present on ...more

I can understand that, but even if he doesn’t post at all you can still say you have James Stewart I mean his name alone can go a long way for some people. With him slowly showing up more and more it would have been perfect for redbull to pick up chase and then do a little video of James training him but apart of redbull. But business is business.

|

2/18/2021 9:36 AM

ryanc289 wrote:

I can understand that, but even if he doesn’t post at all you can still say you have James Stewart I mean his name alone can ...more

RedBull's global portfolio is massive. They pay people to be active. Apart from hardcore moto fans, James has pretty much fallen from relevance in the action sports world. Shit, at this point outside of moto Chad probably has a larger footprint and name recognition than James.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/18/2021 6:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2021 6:11 PM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Honda will never let go of chase or Jett. Both are the future. As far as James...no idea honestly. I doubt it. When he had ...more

Eli was the future at one point, and they let go of him. Never say never.

|

2/18/2021 6:43 PM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Honda will never let go of chase or Jett. Both are the future. As far as James...no idea honestly. I doubt it. When he had ...more

quadzrulebro wrote:

Yep and they also let McGrath and RC leave when they were at there peak.

|

2/18/2021 8:00 PM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

quadzrulebro wrote:

Batesy10000 wrote:

Yep and they also let McGrath and RC leave when they were at there peak.

Yeah Honda has been extremely dumb in the past 25 years. “We saw Jeremy-son riding a non Honda jet ski, so let’s fire him.” WTF

|

2/18/2021 8:02 PM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

quadzrulebro wrote:

Didn't Tomac hate the bike and choose to leave for Kawi?

|

2/18/2021 8:16 PM

I call Honda the red-menace. They make great bikes. My first motorcycle was a Honda SL-70. Their factory bikes are always a thing of beauty, But they do step on their dick quite often when it comes to their race team. Arrogance maybe?

|

2/18/2021 8:21 PM

visser62 wrote:

Didn't Tomac hate the bike and choose to leave for Kawi?

I believe he's blamed the Honda for some of his crashes when he was on it, said something like "it put me on the ground a lot". Considering he's missed one race due to injury since being on the Kawasaki, I'd say he's been proven correct.

|

2/18/2021 8:25 PM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Man, I forgot about that, when he was riding the Honda.

Photo

|

2/21/2021 4:49 PM

ryanc289 wrote:

Does anyone know if he’s still with redbull? If he is why would redbull not want to pick up sexton and just let monster get ...more

If he is still with them, is there still a chance of a comeback

|

2/21/2021 5:31 PM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Never let them go??? Kinda like they didn’t let McGrath and RC walk?? And they had a ton of wins when they packed up, unlike Jett or chase.. just saying
I do like Jett over chase in the long run tho

|

2/21/2021 5:52 PM

JS7 has no market value any more. end of story haha.

as for Honda... Chase will be Honda's guy for some time.
Honda have invested a lot of money into Jett.
dare say if Kenny retired, who ever takes his spot will be a seat warmer until Jett moves up.

Chase as the Honda Vet, Jett as the rookie. Both will be Honda guys for some time.

|

2/22/2021 1:12 PM

I think he does still have value I mean his track alone is every kids dream to go ride so redbull could have maybe used the sponsorship to make some cool videos.

|

2/22/2021 1:14 PM

No

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

2/22/2021 1:17 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

Honda have ...more

No
Market value? As we sit here and talk about him. JS7 could post a video
Of him riding and vital would go nuts about it.

|

2/22/2021 1:31 PM

James was the sport's biggest star in his prime and I can't really think of anybody that has his starpower since then. I don't see Eli Tomac being invited to Jimmy Kimmel Live.

|

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

2/22/2021 1:53 PM

Moto Nomad wrote:

James was the sport's biggest star in his prime and I can't really think of anybody that has his starpower since then. I don't ...more

The big name factory riders become less and less known... the industry is too busy promoting energy drinks, to promote the actual riders, like they used to.... we will never have anyone as "big" as mc, Hannah, or rj.....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

2/22/2021 1:53 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

Honda have ...more

MotoMan12345 wrote:

No
Market value? As we sit here and talk about him. JS7 could post a video
Of him riding and vital would go nuts about it.

lol. 6 down votes. people really dislike the truth about JS7 hahaha

Your right.. but he doesn't... why would you pay some one to promote your brand when you know they are not going to promote it. nothing against him, i would go wild if he posted anything, im a huge fan. but he doesn't, its not personal against him its just business.

|