Questions for Dungey

Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
2/13/2021 11:27am
I would like to know more about his 2009 MX battles with Pourcel and what he thinks about him and stuff
peltier626
2/13/2021 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2021 2:52pm
How's family life? Did his pre-child expectations align with the reality of actually raising a child. Parenting can be quite a Challenge. It was an adjustment for us after being with my wife for over 10 years then having a child. We were set in our ways for sure then BOOM!
2/13/2021 2:16pm
bh84 wrote:
The answer to that is a hard no. Those guys train day in and day out just like the pro bike guys do.
BobPA wrote:
But they are on quads, which makes it infinitely easier...ever see a quad national track? Two lines on the whole thing...tops (sarcasm) See if you can...
But they are on quads, which makes it infinitely easier...ever see a quad national track? Two lines on the whole thing...tops (sarcasm)

See if you can pry any Geico info out of him. Also curious if he is broswith Villopoto now.
Being from Minnesota, he should try a snocross race! Now that Hibbert and Kamm are retired, he could probably do pretty well....
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/13/2021 2:22pm
bh84 wrote:
The answer to that is a hard no. Those guys train day in and day out just like the pro bike guys do.
BobPA wrote:
But they are on quads, which makes it infinitely easier...ever see a quad national track? Two lines on the whole thing...tops (sarcasm) See if you can...
But they are on quads, which makes it infinitely easier...ever see a quad national track? Two lines on the whole thing...tops (sarcasm)

See if you can pry any Geico info out of him. Also curious if he is broswith Villopoto now.
Being from Minnesota, he should try a snocross race! Now that Hibbert and Kamm are retired, he could probably do pretty well....
Kamm still races.

The Shop

2/13/2021 2:32pm
BobPA wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Kamm still races.
Well, son of a gun, I thought he called it quits last year..
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/13/2021 2:47pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Kamm still races.
Well, son of a gun, I thought he called it quits last year..
Nope. Still with Hentges Racing.

Had a baby last year.

davistld01
2/13/2021 2:51pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Why did he depart Geico Honda? Is it true he wanted to sell the shop and have an east coast shop and got shot down?
davistld01 wrote:
Really good question. It was so sudden...and so hush-hush. He seemed to much "all in" on the Geico deal, then suddenly "all-out". He might have signed...
Really good question. It was so sudden...and so hush-hush. He seemed to much "all in" on the Geico deal, then suddenly "all-out". He might have signed an agreement not to talk about it though...but I hope he can finally shed some light on that.
cablecable wrote:
he wont answer it straight up, pretty sure if my memory's right it was bought up on pulp interview a while ago and was just waffle...
he wont answer it straight up, pretty sure if my memory's right it was bought up on pulp interview a while ago and was just waffle waffle. even with an agreement he can still do a walk around like Davis locker on pulp.
He’s probably signed a “no comment” agreement of some kind. I’m not saying I know anything about that...but when someone tap dances like that, either they were the reason things didn’t work out...or there was some agreement for them not to throw the other party under the bus.
toddw12
2/13/2021 2:56pm
FI2T wrote:
Could he top 5 a pro quad racing event with 6months of training?
😂😂😂😂
PNWRider
2/13/2021 3:56pm
FahQ wrote:
Is it true JLaw tried spiking his energy drink with acid?
gt80rider wrote:
I heard mdma
Just more evidence of JLaw being a complete asshole...as if we needed more.
Teej317
Fantasy
2060th
2/13/2021 5:04pm
What happened to “angry Dunge” in 2014?
wreckitrandy
2/13/2021 6:21pm
Would you rather train to race or, work for his dad every day?
TogaSet
Fantasy
3894th
2/13/2021 8:05pm
Do you regret not knocking Reed over the tough blocks when he raced you a lap down ?
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
2/13/2021 8:14pm
What were your thoughts when Eli first passed you at East Rutherford? What were your thoughts when Eli crashed in front of you a few laps in? Did you have any idea how far back he was after that crash, or did you only find out after the race?
aeffertz
2/13/2021 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2021 8:18pm
I wish you the best if you ask any question that isn’t a soft pitch.

I reckon any question that can’t be answered by public knowledge will be responded with a “gee-wilikers”, a “golly darn!”, or a “Oh, heck...” followed by “You’re gonna get me in trouble!”

He’s a local boy and I have a bag of his coffee in my
Cupboard but he is one of the worst interviews if you’re looking for any sort of “out side the box” Q&A. I would just try to pick his brain on current events of re-live some of his best stories vs. trying to uncover some controversial moments of his career.
BigBoreFan58
2/13/2021 8:35pm
Dung seemed to have an almost carer long relationship with DeCoster, what's his take on that? I think Dung had a big impact as far as putting KTM on the US Motocross map, what's his take on that? Dung seemed to have a lot of faith in DeCoster and Ian Harrison, I'd like to hear him discuss that.
2/14/2021 12:02am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2021 12:09am
1) I'd like to know if he knew what was happening at Geico Honda (sponsorship loss) AND if that was part of the decision to part ways. If he didn't, what was the reason. Or was it any of the other reasons posted already?

I imagine this is probably the number one question we all have.

2) Be fun to hear his take on the different life trajectories his and Lawrence's, his old nemesis, took/have taken both racing and post racing.

3) Be a brutal question, but does he think RV had him covered in raw speed as RV will so often share after a few beers.(hopefully can laugh about it.) Obviously two very different approaches to a championship, and it can't be argued that Dungey wasn't successful with his approach. But does he regret or ever feel he left something on the table with RV?

4) Was there ever any doubt in his mind Roger D and the KTM team would eventually field a competitive bike in Supercross? Hard to imagine there wasn't some doubt or even second guessing the decision at certain points.

5) Along the same line, how hard was it or how different was it with the RMZ450 that was already developed as a proven competitive bike when he moved up?

6) Were things falling apart at Suzuki after Roger D left as many fans felt?

7) Any insights to the whole Roger D, Mike, and Tony Alessi dynamics while team mates at Rockstar Suzuki? Granted he was a young unproven kid riding the 250s and MIke the 450s. But I've always wanted to be a fly on the wall to hear how those personalities worked.

8) What rider, manager, or team mate had the biggest impact on him reaching his fullest potential? Obviously Roger D took a huge chance on him. But who was the biggest impact on developing his skill and race craft?
davistld01
2/14/2021 5:53am
Dung seemed to have an almost carer long relationship with DeCoster, what's his take on that? I think Dung had a big impact as far as...
Dung seemed to have an almost carer long relationship with DeCoster, what's his take on that? I think Dung had a big impact as far as putting KTM on the US Motocross map, what's his take on that? Dung seemed to have a lot of faith in DeCoster and Ian Harrison, I'd like to hear him discuss that.
“Dung”?
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
2/14/2021 9:52am
MxKing809 wrote:
Why did he depart Geico Honda? Is it true he wanted to sell the shop and have an east coast shop and got shot down?
davistld01 wrote:
Really good question. It was so sudden...and so hush-hush. He seemed to much "all in" on the Geico deal, then suddenly "all-out". He might have signed...
Really good question. It was so sudden...and so hush-hush. He seemed to much "all in" on the Geico deal, then suddenly "all-out". He might have signed an agreement not to talk about it though...but I hope he can finally shed some light on that.
A few insiders knew long before it was announced that geico was leaving the team. One agent said he was working on a plan for his riders way before news broke. Not saying this is the end all be all reason but based on the time frame of things there is no way there can’t be a slight coincidence.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
2/14/2021 10:18am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2021 10:22am
Does he plan or been asked by manufacturer to do any kind test riding for any brand or do any kind of special veteran racing or other motorsports racing like other past pro moto riders?

Now that he's tied to a mountain bike company, does he see a lot people switching from their dirt bikes for e-bikes or enduro mtb bikes?

2/14/2021 10:55am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2021 10:56am
I’d like to know who came and talked to him when he was on a 2 stroke rm 125.

He essentially was humbly not well known born into a superstar.

What did Roger say ? How did the conversation go ? What was his reaction when roger was picking his brain ?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/14/2021 1:53pm
Seeing as he wasn't a high profile amateur with 1 Loretta's title to his name, what was or did he have a backup plan had moto not worked out for him?
Forty
2/14/2021 4:23pm
Ask him, in his opinion, how much $/how many wins/and how many c-ships he left on the table by checking out early?

resetjet
2/14/2021 4:58pm
Was he offered a ambassador deal with ktm? If so why didnt he take it?
mimafia
Fantasy
2682nd
2/15/2021 4:32pm
We know a deal didn't come together this season but are you going to look for something next season? What if something were to be thrown your way - would you consider racing?

Also, not a question but please race some of the 125 races at the nationals!!!
MX45
2/15/2021 10:56pm
Ask him if he'll be in SLC. I want to get my Wheaties box signed.
tprice07
2/15/2021 11:05pm
Is Golden Rod a nickname for something?

Post a reply to: Questions for Dungey

The Latest