Questions about riding in Utah

MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
Potentially moving to Utah in September, coming from Jersey I am pretty spoiled when it comes to riding as we have some of the sickest sand pits around with awesome whooped out tracks..I've seen some of the moto tracks in Utah and the free riding stuff in St George, any other spots to hit that have some cool sand turn tracks? I will be in the American Fork area..thanks!
|
Titan1
7/31/2022 2:38pm
We will almost be neighbors.

For off-road riding:
American Fork Canyon
Soldier Pass
Hobble creek canyon
Moab
White wash
Idaho has amazing single track, less than a few hour drive

For tracks:
OCA
Jordan River
Price
Delta
Tooele

Lots and lots of riding in Utah.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
7/31/2022 2:54pm
Titan1 wrote:
We will almost be neighbors. For off-road riding: American Fork Canyon Soldier Pass Hobble creek canyon Moab White wash Idaho has amazing single track, less than...

For off-road riding:
American Fork Canyon
Soldier Pass
Hobble creek canyon
Moab
White wash

For tracks:
OCA
Jordan River
Price
Delta
Tooele

Awesome. Should be a good time. Yea I checked out most of those moto tracks on YouTube. They all look fun. Wish Utah had a moto sand track!
lappedrider
7/31/2022 3:18pm
We’ve been in Utah since November. The riding has been epic. And I mostly just ride down the street from my house.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
7/31/2022 3:21pm
We’ve been in Utah since November. The riding has been epic. And I mostly just ride down the street from my house.
Where at in UT are you?

The Shop

lappedrider
7/31/2022 3:23pm
Where at in UT are you?
I’m in Tooele.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
7/31/2022 3:28pm
Where at in UT are you?
I’m in Tooele.
Ill have to check out the spots over there..lot of turn track/single track?
lappedrider
7/31/2022 3:38pm
By our house its tons of turn tracks. But there is a few nice single track loops I use for practice that are somewhat challenging.

But there is every kind of riding in Utah.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
7/31/2022 4:05pm
By our house its tons of turn tracks. But there is a few nice single track loops I use for practice that are somewhat challenging. But...
By our house its tons of turn tracks. But there is a few nice single track loops I use for practice that are somewhat challenging.

But there is every kind of riding in Utah.
Thats awesome man..hope to ride out there sometime
mustard530
Fantasy
2627th
7/31/2022 8:31pm
Can’t speak to the Moto/ turn tracks up north but American fork canyon is the most beautiful place I have ever rode a dirtbike
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
8/1/2022 3:16am
mustard530 wrote:
Can’t speak to the Moto/ turn tracks up north but American fork canyon is the most beautiful place I have ever rode a dirtbike
I saw some YouTube videos of that area. It definitely looks awesome!
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
8/1/2022 6:24am
Titan1 wrote:
We will almost be neighbors. For off-road riding: American Fork Canyon Soldier Pass Hobble creek canyon Moab White wash Idaho has amazing single track, less than...

For off-road riding:
American Fork Canyon
Soldier Pass
Hobble creek canyon
Moab
White wash

For tracks:
OCA
Jordan River
Price
Delta
Tooele

Awesome. Should be a good time. Yea I checked out most of those moto tracks on YouTube. They all look fun. Wish Utah had a moto...
Awesome. Should be a good time. Yea I checked out most of those moto tracks on YouTube. They all look fun. Wish Utah had a moto sand track!
Bunker hill is a sand track that host several races and open practices a year. Tons of sand riding in the cherry creek little Sahara area. Many many places to cut in turn tracks.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
8/1/2022 10:48am
I love Utah. It's either somewhere up there or northern AZ when I retire.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
8/1/2022 11:16am
Titan1 wrote:

For off-road riding:
American Fork Canyon
Soldier Pass
Hobble creek canyon
Moab
White wash

For tracks:
OCA
Jordan River
Price
Delta
Tooele

Awesome. Should be a good time. Yea I checked out most of those moto tracks on YouTube. They all look fun. Wish Utah had a moto...
soggy wrote:
Bunker hill is a sand track that host several races and open practices a year. Tons of sand riding in the cherry creek little Sahara area...
Bunker hill is a sand track that host several races and open practices a year. Tons of sand riding in the cherry creek little Sahara area. Many many places to cut in turn tracks.
Also Utah is full don’t move here.
8/1/2022 11:22am
Falcon wrote:
Which part of Utah? Both sides of my family mostly live there and I visited Utah every other weekend when I was going to college in Eastern Idaho. I can't stand the place (Salt Lake Valley). Too many people in a valley.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
8/1/2022 12:45pm
Falcon wrote:
Which part of Utah? Both sides of my family mostly live there and I visited Utah every other weekend when I was going to college in...
Which part of Utah? Both sides of my family mostly live there and I visited Utah every other weekend when I was going to college in Eastern Idaho. I can't stand the place (Salt Lake Valley). Too many people in a valley.
Yup Utah is full and house prices are insane. Please stay away.
jevyguy
8/4/2022 10:01pm
Potentially moving to Utah in September, coming from Jersey I am pretty spoiled when it comes to riding as we have some of the sickest sand...
Potentially moving to Utah in September, coming from Jersey I am pretty spoiled when it comes to riding as we have some of the sickest sand pits around with awesome whooped out tracks..I've seen some of the moto tracks in Utah and the free riding stuff in St George, any other spots to hit that have some cool sand turn tracks? I will be in the American Fork area..thanks!
My personal opinion is that the free riding in St George is not all that spectacular. It’s alright, but the side x sides have pretty much destroyed a lot of it. For the free riding side (actually mostly trails) of things White Wash is awesome but Swing arm City is hands down the best free riding Utah has to offer.
NorCal1975
8/4/2022 10:09pm
Yes, Swing Arm City / Caineville is insanely fun. Great ridge trails, hill climbs, lots of natural gap jumps if you are so inclined. So much awesome terrain. The last time we were there in October 2019, the weather was great and midweek there was no one else there. We literally saw 1 or 2 other bikes from Tuesday to Thursday. Bring extra parts though, it is probably 2 hours to the nearest motorcycle shop.
hititpind
8/5/2022 6:39am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 6:39am
jevyguy wrote:
My personal opinion is that the free riding in St George is not all that spectacular. It’s alright, but the side x sides have pretty much...
My personal opinion is that the free riding in St George is not all that spectacular. It’s alright, but the side x sides have pretty much destroyed a lot of it. For the free riding side (actually mostly trails) of things White Wash is awesome but Swing arm City is hands down the best free riding Utah has to offer.
Yeah St.George riding is pretty much non existent now. Developers shut everything down and put houses on it.

Vernal Utah is a great place to ride. MX track, sand dunes, tons and tons of single track, hills, etc
7I3N
8/5/2022 7:00am
jevyguy wrote:
My personal opinion is that the free riding in St George is not all that spectacular. It’s alright, but the side x sides have pretty much...
hititpind wrote:
Yeah St.George riding is pretty much non existent now. Developers shut everything down and put houses on it. Vernal Utah is a great place to ride...
Yeah St.George riding is pretty much non existent now. Developers shut everything down and put houses on it.

Vernal Utah is a great place to ride. MX track, sand dunes, tons and tons of single track, hills, etc
Yeah, St George sucks. Don't come here to ride and FFS don't move here. Evil
stone881
8/5/2022 9:03am
jevyguy wrote:
hititpind wrote:
Yeah St.George riding is pretty much non existent now. Developers shut everything down and put houses on it. Vernal Utah is a great place to ride...

Vernal has sand dunes? I haven't ridden the track over there, is it any good?
hititpind
8/6/2022 4:40pm
jevyguy wrote:
hititpind wrote:

stone881 wrote:
Vernal has sand dunes? I haven't ridden the track over there, is it any good?
When it’s prepped, it’s really good. When it’s not, it’s rough.

Yeah we have sand dunes. Nothing massive, but still fun.

Post a reply to: Questions about riding in Utah

The Latest