Question to all the Milestone MXGP players out there.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/24/2017 9:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2017 9:24 AM

Seeking some opinions on something. And I know that this can and will be each individual's preference.

Do any of you...other than myself and also Kellen from the awesome Moto YouTube page Start Your Systems...think that Milestone sped 3 up too much? I know some complained 1 and 2 was too slow. Too me, it felt just right as does MX Sim speed wise. Everything else always feels a little to a lot too fast.

3 isn't too bad but it def is faster than real life. You can see that easily and also where lap times used to be pretty accurate for the replica tracks now they are no where near realistic. Most importantly, to me, it just feels too fast. Not Encore ridiculous fast but still quicker than it needs to be whereas 1 and 2 felt dead on perfect at replicating the true speed of a real bike.

And camera view does often alter how it feels. 1st person seems more the correct speed but 3rd person, which I prefer, feels faster. Though I'm sure they are the same.

Just curious on other's opinions. Thanks.

|

9/24/2017 9:34 AM

Yeah I can see where people are saying that. At times it does feel like I’m haulin ass when I shouldn’t be lol but it’s better then feeling like a snail on the track

|

9/24/2017 9:37 AM

Weird, I feel really slow

|

9/24/2017 9:40 AM

VilloFan951 wrote:

Yeah I can see where people are saying that. At times it does feel like I’m haulin ass when I shouldn’t be lol but it’s better then feeling like a snail on the track

I honestly think if the speed used to be 5 that they jumped to like 10 but it prob would be best if around 6 to 7. Then again, I thought 1 and 2's game speed was dead on so I never felt like a snail. And with 3's improved physics I think that, too, would help alleviate the sometimes sluggish feel. They, for sure....in my eyes, went a bit overboard on the game speed. Hope that is backed down a touch.

|

9/24/2017 11:06 AM

I think it's perfect. Not as fast as Encore, but not as slow as MXGP 1 and 2. It feels pretty close to Alive, IMO. Personal preference, but I like a sense of speed and to feel like I'm going fast, but at the same time I don't want it to be obviously unrealistic. I think they've found a good middle ground between the two.

|

9/24/2017 12:19 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

I think it's perfect. Not as fast as Encore, but not as slow as MXGP 1 and 2. It feels pretty close to Alive, IMO. Personal preference, but I like a sense of speed and to feel like I'm going fast, but at the same time I don't want it to be obviously unrealistic. I think they've found a good middle ground between the two.

I’m not sure anything is as fast as encore lol I can’t stand the clutch on that game

|

9/24/2017 1:19 PM

For me the speed wasn't the issue in 1 and 2 it was the weight of the bikes and how the speed influenced that feeling.

You would just sink in the air, very little float. When in real life the speed gives you lift and you reach your maximum trajectory before starting to fall. Seemed like 1 and 2 as soon as both wheels got off the ground the trajectory just pulled you down.

I think 3 tried to fix that by speeding the game up so it changes the trajectory but the bikes still feel fairly heavy to me.

Having said that I like the game I ran a 2 stroke in both series and had a blast. Although the bias in the 2 strokes is heavily on KTM.

|

9/24/2017 3:19 PM

mxgp3 in first person cam in the best simcade game to date. The fun factor is there and it’s very realistic. I’ve just recently gotten into mx sim and that’s a Completely different beast, although extremely realistic but that’s a simulator. If you want an easier playing game with realism first person cam is your best bet. And no I don’t think it’s too fast I think it’s a little on the fast side but I feel like that’s what makes the game fun because you feel like you’re flying.

if I were to judge MXGPIII by the third person cam I honestly wouldn’t be that big of a fan of the game, so to me first person view changes the game completely. Then again I’ve always been a fan of first person view in the most recent games. When I play Moto games I want to feel like I’m riding a dirtbike and that’s what does it for me the best. But I tell you what, to anyone that really wants to get extreme realism in a Moto game, you have to put some time in on MX simulator. It’s definitely worth the extremely hard learning curve and the amount of time that it takes to get good.

|

9/25/2017 3:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2017 3:20 AM

Agreed, 1st person is better in 3. Speed seems more realistic. And the camera is a little far away in the other camera and they removed the zoom for some odd reason.

Sim is great but when you use aircards and such due to no high speed in area it really hurts the game as the AI programming is zero on the priority list.

I was actually really digging 2's Stadium series tracks. I do like the improved feel and physics of 3 but i do wish they hadn't sped it up so much. A game doesn't have to be overly accelerated for it to be fun to me. It would be like playing the Redskins in Madden but everyone is running 40% faster than in real life. Sorta hurts it. Simcade or not. I don't want correct speed or scale sacrificed.

Its not unbearable like Encore but it's right on the verge, to me at least.

|

9/25/2017 4:21 AM

flatout111 wrote:

Agreed, 1st person is better in 3. Speed seems more realistic. And the camera is a little far away in the other camera and they removed the zoom for some odd reason.

Sim is great but when you use aircards and such due to no high speed in area it really hurts the game as the AI programming is zero on the priority list.

I was actually really digging 2's Stadium series tracks. I do like the improved feel and physics of 3 but i do wish they hadn't sped it up so much. A game doesn't have to be overly accelerated for it to be fun to me. It would be like playing the Redskins in Madden but everyone is running 40% faster than in real life. Sorta hurts it. Simcade or not. I don't want correct speed or scale sacrificed.

Its not unbearable like Encore but it's right on the verge, to me at least.

Man I was into the stadium tracks too!
I loved how you actually had to be patient in corners and shit..

On topic, I think the speed is good! You actually feel like ya gettin at it

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

9/25/2017 4:27 AM

I can deal with the speed. I just wish it was where it was.

Speaking of "stadium" tracks, I really wish we would get some info on the 2018 Official Supercross Video Game. Maybe an announcement at MEC? Milestone def stays tight lipped about their games. Hope it is still in development.

|

9/25/2017 11:00 AM

holtergeist797 wrote:

mxgp3 in first person cam in the best simcade game to date. The fun factor is there and it’s very realistic. I’ve just recently gotten into mx sim and that’s a Completely different beast, although extremely realistic but that’s a simulator. If you want an easier playing game with realism first person cam is your best bet. And no I don’t think it’s too fast I think it’s a little on the fast side but I feel like that’s what makes the game fun because you feel like you’re flying.

if I were to judge MXGPIII by the third person cam I honestly wouldn’t be that big of a fan of the game, so to me first person view changes the game completely. Then again I’ve always been a fan of first person view in the most recent games. When I play Moto games I want to feel like I’m riding a dirtbike and that’s what does it for me the best. But I tell you what, to anyone that really wants to get extreme realism in a Moto game, you have to put some time in on MX simulator. It’s definitely worth the extremely hard learning curve and the amount of time that it takes to get good.

I completely agree. You nailed it man. I love MXGP3!

|

10/5/2017 5:44 AM

I think it’s too fast. Definitely my biggest complaint from 2 to 3.

|

10/5/2017 6:16 AM

No, not too fast. I prefer MXGP3 over 2.

|

10/5/2017 6:51 AM

Is it too fast to scale? Yes. But I don't think it hampers the game experience, I actually think they struck a good balance.

And I'll echo what some of you have said: If you're not playing MXGP3 in 1st person, you're really missing out. This game comes alive in 1st person.

|

10/5/2017 6:59 AM

Oh...I see- this is a game.
I was wondering what in the actual F any of you were talking about.
I was thinking Milestone 3? the vet track?
Duh...

Carry on

|

Straight Outta Compression

10/5/2017 7:48 AM

Go back and play gp2... The bike is really really slow... Like wtf slow. I think the speed in gp3 is good for the type of video game it is

|

10/5/2017 9:14 AM

I wasn't a fan at first, but going back to mxgp2 from 3...3 feels way better speed-wise.

I love mxgp3. Only complaints I have for the game is horrible lobbies. Sometimes it can take 5-10min to get more than 1 other person into the lobby. So its more of a game of entering/exiting lobbies until you're in one w/ multiple people, or get invited into a lobby.

2nd complaint, I'll be racing online and sometimes I will get reset when I'm in the center of the track. Zero reason to be reset, and when it does, sometimes it resets me 1-4 corners prior to where the reset was. It'll happen race to race as well, unless I exit that lobby and join a new one.

Otherwise fantastic game

|

10/5/2017 6:40 PM

I love all 3 games. However, part of me thinks 1 is the most simulation oriented. There are aspects of all 2 and 3 I love. 3 has better traction but I miss how you can't use the right stick to weight the outside peg anymore since it creates a whip now whereas you could in 1 and 2.

I know everyone is worried about whips but weighting outside peg and ground physics are more important to me.

3 also seems a bit fast in 3rd person. But some aspects are better in 3. I've got to go back and play 1 a bit but curious what others thought.

|