Question regarding class names and loretta's eligibility (possible dumgeon material)

bh
So C class sandbagging is pretty bad in my area, largely due to the whole Loretta's situation. Lets say I have my own race series and I create a class structure without using the whole C B A structure, for the sake of conversation lets say I called the classes Fast, Faster, and Fastest or even stranger I color coded them Red, Yellow, and Green. If a kid raced Yellow or Faster class would that be grounds for DQing them if they tried to qualify for lorettas in C class.

Or am I complete moron and the class doesn't matter too much as long as the event isn't AMA sanctioned.

The only reason I ask this is because at all the local non-ama races I go to in my area B class the majority of the time has nobody in it. meanwhile C class can have 20-25 guys. I did read the rules on mx sports, but I did not go through the ama hand book.
|
foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
12/5/2021 7:05pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2021 7:05pm
As long as this other “region” or “series” has no affiliation with Loretta’s than it wouldn’t matter if someone raced B at your event, but then the C class at another region that falls under Loretta Lynn qualifications.

At the end of the day your event or series means nothing (essentially) in the eyes of amateur MX.
12/5/2021 7:17pm
foreman52 wrote:
As long as this other “region” or “series” has no affiliation with Loretta’s than it wouldn’t matter if someone raced B at your event, but then...
As long as this other “region” or “series” has no affiliation with Loretta’s than it wouldn’t matter if someone raced B at your event, but then the C class at another region that falls under Loretta Lynn qualifications.

At the end of the day your event or series means nothing (essentially) in the eyes of amateur MX.
Wrong!!!!!
12/5/2021 7:20pm
foreman52 wrote:
As long as this other “region” or “series” has no affiliation with Loretta’s than it wouldn’t matter if someone raced B at your event, but then...

False. You race b at ANY mx event and you can’t race c at an ama event unless you write you letter and send your money to the ama requesting it and it’s approved.
foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
12/5/2021 7:52pm
foreman52 wrote:

False. You race b at ANY mx event and you can’t race c at an ama event unless you write you letter and send your money...
False. You race b at ANY mx event and you can’t race c at an ama event unless you write you letter and send your money to the ama requesting it and it’s approved.
Well, I stand corrected. This is how it is in Canada for our events and I wouldn’t think it would be any different. We have two different “series” events here and one literally has nothing to do with our scoring system that Canada looks at on the Amateur and advancement scoring side of things.

So you’re telling me that if a couple tracks decide to hold their own series (which will most likely generate less entry’s) that someone who is running a C class in a championship recognized by other AM events can’t run the B class at this other unassociated series?

Guess I learned something today...LOL

The Shop

bh
12/5/2021 8:28pm
foreman52 wrote:

False. You race b at ANY mx event and you can’t race c at an ama event unless you write you letter and send your money...
foreman52 wrote:
Well, I stand corrected. This is how it is in Canada for our events and I wouldn’t think it would be any different. We have two...
Well, I stand corrected. This is how it is in Canada for our events and I wouldn’t think it would be any different. We have two different “series” events here and one literally has nothing to do with our scoring system that Canada looks at on the Amateur and advancement scoring side of things.

So you’re telling me that if a couple tracks decide to hold their own series (which will most likely generate less entry’s) that someone who is running a C class in a championship recognized by other AM events can’t run the B class at this other unassociated series?

Yep it’s a huge problem in my area. It really bottle necks C class. Because you probably could but if you are good enough to make it chances are that some crazy parent will track you down, find the result, and protest you.

I could be wrong but that’s my understanding on how that situation typically goes.
motodad312
12/6/2021 6:33am
foreman52 wrote:
Well, I stand corrected. This is how it is in Canada for our events and I wouldn’t think it would be any different. We have two...

bh wrote:
Yep it’s a huge problem in my area. It really bottle necks C class. Because you probably could but if you are good enough to make...
Yep it’s a huge problem in my area. It really bottle necks C class. Because you probably could but if you are good enough to make it chances are that some crazy parent will track you down, find the result, and protest you.

I could be wrong but that’s my understanding on how that situation typically goes.
Yep, I've seen it happen. Kid racing C and trying to make it to Loretta's. Ran B a couple of times at a local non-AMA sanctioned race. Tried to run C for a Loretta's qualifier and was protested. Pretty easy these days to protest because most tracks post their results on line.
philG
12/6/2021 2:03pm
If you called the classes Good, Shit and Shitter, this would all go away.
Sandusky26
12/6/2021 2:05pm
philG wrote:
I’d be the guy sandbagging the shitter class.
12/6/2021 2:38pm
All this talk about sandbagging and cherry picking.
Am I the only one that spent 45 years racing / fighting mid pack in c grade?
bh
12/6/2021 3:00pm
philG wrote:
My only worry would be someone protesting and saying that some kid raced shit class witch is the 2nd highest class offered, therefore equivalent to B.

It would be a cool experiment to name them that and see who goes in what lol.

Post a reply to: Question regarding class names and loretta's eligibility (possible dumgeon material)

The Latest