Question on cerakote.

CR92
Hey guys, I had posted a different thread in the tech/help section, but hadn't gotten any responses. Just curious about cerakote, specifically cerakoting a dirtbike frame. Any info/responses from people on here that have experience with cerakote and/or those who have used it on their frames is greatly appreciated.
Link to the original post:
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Tech-Help-Race-Shop,42/Has-anyone-on-her…
|
3/26/2022 7:23am
Cerakote is basically paint with a ceramic content designed for high temperature environment’s, exhausts, engine case, etc. it is applied as a wet spray and air dried. However it does not cure off and harden completely until it has been heat cycled and is actually pretty delicate until this has happened. I would recommend powdercoating your frame. It is a lot more durable and you can get it in a matte finish which would look like cerakote.
kb228
3/26/2022 7:33am
The cost vs durability doesnt make sense for a frame. Having a handgun slide done is a couple hundred bucks let alone an entire frame. Powder coat is thicker and will last longer and is much cheaper. Color options are much greater too
TooOld4WFO
Fantasy
1435th
3/26/2022 10:16am
Cerakote is excellent for parts with tight tolerances mating with other such parts.
The pigments used are highly effective at covering with minimal application of their product. So thin coats cover very quickly.
Cerakote will not hide much. It’s designed to be thinly applied.
As the others said powder coat is best on a frame.
I shot a frame with Imron and still felt powder coat is stronger.

Post a reply to: Question on cerakote.

The Latest