Question about Supercross Live Stream

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2018 8:59 PM

I'm in Australia and signed up to foxtel now which streams the supercross here live. My connection and video quality is shit, Foxtel blames my ISP, my ISP blames foxtel. The only reason I have foxtel is to watch supercross. Foxtel is the only streaming site I have trouble with too.

I am thinking about ditching foxtel and signing up to supercross live but I have seen some posts where the stream from supercross live stream has been pretty terrible at certain rounds. Are the replays any better or are they still the same poor quality from the live stream. I could handle not watching it live if I knew the replay quality was going to be good and I would rather pay for the videos than get them from daily motion later on.

Cheers

|

2/1/2018 9:31 PM

It's early days in the season, but Houston was awful live. Lots of judder and jerkiness in the live stream. Eventually the archived replay was cleaned up, but not until later in the week. The Anaheim races were really good live, and Glendale was not too bad but the overall quality was a bit more granular at times, the resolution was more like 720p and not 1080p. I think the streams really have issues from venue to venue, obviously Anaheim is dialled in but I'm sort of expecting variations each week at this point. A few of us ended up complaining after Houston and the stream provider Cleeng refunded us and canceled subscriptions, in my case I specifically asked them not to cancel me but they went ahead and did it. I had to purchase it again, LOL. I'd say overall the customer service experience with Cleeng is pretty bad.

I am in Canada, my only hope to watch live is this stream or to set up YouTube TV with a VPN and figure out a way to pay for the YouTube content in a way that does not tip off my location. For this year I'll continue with Supercrosslive but next year I'll work out something better. I've said it here before but the quality of the Supercross streaming service at $130 USD absolutely pales in comparison to NBC Sports Gold for outdoors which was $50 USD and we get Wedge and GL instead of Ralph and Fro. Win-win.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/1/2018 9:52 PM

download a media player called soda player, the search google for "fs1 ace stream link"
i've had issues with the official stream of last 2 monster cups and last years sx.. every time the cleeng help people blamed my connection, since ive been using the ace stream link i have watched every round in full HD
i refuse to give anymore of my money to cleeng..

|

2/2/2018 2:59 AM

rhysthomas wrote:

download a media player called soda player, the search google for "fs1 ace stream link"
i've had issues with the official stream of last 2 monster cups and last years sx.. every time the cleeng help people blamed my connection, since ive been using the ace stream link i have watched every round in full HD
i refuse to give anymore of my money to cleeng..

Downloaded soda player and found a link for fs1 but it's just buffering. Any ideas?

|

2/3/2018 12:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2018 3:03 PM

rhysthomas wrote:

download a media player called soda player, the search google for "fs1 ace stream link"
i've had issues with the official stream of last 2 monster cups and last years sx.. every time the cleeng help people blamed my connection, since ive been using the ace stream link i have watched every round in full HD
i refuse to give anymore of my money to cleeng..

chump6784 wrote:

Downloaded soda player and found a link for fs1 but it's just buffering. Any ideas?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MXStreams/
check here before the race starts..
i just checked my soda player and im getting the buffering shit too, sucks
https://gomostream.com/channel/71971 try this one too, thats working right now for me
http://iframe-secured.com/embed/y5eru7a1

|

2/3/2018 3:45 AM

TBH watching it live for me hasn't been to bad with sx package. Im happy with quality watching on my tab in bed. The replays don't seem as good quality as the live stream was to me. Glendale for sure, replay says 720p but there's no way it is. Looks worse than 480p.

|

2/3/2018 4:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2018 4:21 AM

Other than Huston it's been great! I also get it on Foxtel

|

2/3/2018 8:15 AM

Fox Sports, where all the streams come from only broadcast in 720p if your provider is saying it's 1080 it just been upres'd. I've watch all version from sat tv, cable, foxsports go, supercrosslive.tv. Sat tv looks the best cause it has the least amount of compression. Compression is more important then 720 vs 1080 especially in a fast moving sport like supercross.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_1

How video compression works.

">
|

2/3/2018 11:24 AM

chump6784 wrote:

I'm in Australia and signed up to foxtel now which streams the supercross here live. My connection and video quality is shit, Foxtel blames my ISP, my ISP blames foxtel. The only reason I have foxtel is to watch supercross. Foxtel is the only streaming site I have trouble with too.

I am thinking about ditching foxtel and signing up to supercross live but I have seen some posts where the stream from supercross live stream has been pretty terrible at certain rounds. Are the replays any better or are they still the same poor quality from the live stream. I could handle not watching it live if I knew the replay quality was going to be good and I would rather pay for the videos than get them from daily motion later on.

Cheers

Mine is perfect

|

2/3/2018 11:33 AM

I'm easily frustrated so I don't even bother trying to watch during the day. I rely on the Vitalics here to keep me in the know til the night show, which has been reliable so far.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/3/2018 12:36 PM

chump6784 wrote:

I'm in Australia and signed up to foxtel now which streams the supercross here live. My connection and video quality is shit, Foxtel blames my ISP, my ISP blames foxtel. The only reason I have foxtel is to watch supercross. Foxtel is the only streaming site I have trouble with too.

I am thinking about ditching foxtel and signing up to supercross live but I have seen some posts where the stream from supercross live stream has been pretty terrible at certain rounds. Are the replays any better or are they still the same poor quality from the live stream. I could handle not watching it live if I knew the replay quality was going to be good and I would rather pay for the videos than get them from daily motion later on.

Cheers

don't do it man, waste of money

find it online at better quality which is just weird

|

2/3/2018 12:37 PM

rhysthomas wrote:

download a media player called soda player, the search google for "fs1 ace stream link"
i've had issues with the official stream of last 2 monster cups and last years sx.. every time the cleeng help people blamed my connection, since ive been using the ace stream link i have watched every round in full HD
i refuse to give anymore of my money to cleeng..

chump6784 wrote:

Downloaded soda player and found a link for fs1 but it's just buffering. Any ideas?

rhysthomas wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MXStreams/
check here before the race starts..
i just checked my soda player and im getting the buffering shit too, sucks
https://gomostream.com/channel/71971 try this one too, thats working right now for me
http://iframe-secured.com/embed/y5eru7a1

Thanks for that. I might get this race through Supercross Live and see what happens, if its good, I'll get the rest of the season, if its not good, I'll go Ace stream.

Thanks guys

|