Question about GP tracks

PastranaWho
Edited Date/Time 2/28/2015 9:50pm
Do they groom the track between motos or its left as is the whole event? Man the track was brutal. As for RV looks lost out there, lets hope for better daysShockedShocked
|
2/28/2015 4:10pm
They leave it alone, and only work on it if there is something really dangerous.

Oh, they grade the start straight most times.
2/28/2015 4:18pm
Certainly looked choppy and rough,RV hasn't ridden the last 3 MXdN where all the US it's said it got rough,not so much flow as in the US where it seems a different kind of rough
PastranaWho
2/28/2015 4:19pm
Thaiand track was pretty good last year dirt wise. Kind of loamy with good grip atleast thats what i saw.
2/28/2015 4:25pm
a whole different ball game in GP's, plus more damaging track time during the weekend and extra classes adding some unpopular lines of their own to the mixture.

The Shop

2/28/2015 4:29pm
I was on the infield of the track during the 1 hour break between Motos 1 & 2 during the Lommel GP in Belgium last year and can tell you they definitly work on the tracks a bit. Mostly on the starting corner where it joins the track and the faces of the jumps to get rid of the ruts in it and the kicker bumps.
RY4N37
2/28/2015 4:58pm
I was on the infield of the track during the 1 hour break between Motos 1 & 2 during the Lommel GP in Belgium last year...
I was on the infield of the track during the 1 hour break between Motos 1 & 2 during the Lommel GP in Belgium last year and can tell you they definitly work on the tracks a bit. Mostly on the starting corner where it joins the track and the faces of the jumps to get rid of the ruts in it and the kicker bumps.
Only at the sand tracks. If you go to Lommel or Lierop they will grade the ruts out of the jumps after the first MX1 moto cos they can get dangerous. I can't say I've seen them do too much track prep at many of the other tracks
2/28/2015 6:26pm
Mostly sand tracks get a quick leveling at the start intersections and as RY4N37 stated also some potentially dangerous jump faces. The riders elect a safety spokesperson who brings up the rider's concerns to the track steward before racing activities and everything is addressed before the weekend begins and that's it except serious problems as the weekend unfolds.
ChrisB10
2/28/2015 8:34pm
I thought it was more slickmand hard packed than "rough".
2/28/2015 8:37pm
Check out Dean Wilson's tweets today, he had a pretty informative take on GP tracks and RV's ride.
iBobbyb
2/28/2015 9:02pm
TripleFive wrote:
Check out Dean Wilson's tweets today, he had a pretty informative take on GP tracks and RV's ride.
not everybody has twitter. you should enlighten us.
2/28/2015 9:08pm
@DeanWilson15:

This is what I'm seeing[:] They don't groom the GP tracks after Saturday timed qualifying and quali[fication] race[s] so the track and ruts and bumps really harden up .. So you can't ride that edge because the track has no give. That's why there's not battles like [here in the USA] b[ecause] the tracks are only Rough from that [single] day[saturday] ... Not saying it's a bad thing but just when I watch rv2; he's trying to find lines that he can't find because the track doesn't have the [same amount of] give [that US tracks do.]

Seamorbutts
2/28/2015 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2015 9:38pm
TripleFive wrote:
@DeanWilson15: [quote] This is what I'm seeing[:] They don't groom the GP tracks after Saturday timed qualifying and quali[fication] race[s] so the track and ruts and...
@DeanWilson15:

This is what I'm seeing[:] They don't groom the GP tracks after Saturday timed qualifying and quali[fication] race[s] so the track and ruts and bumps really harden up .. So you can't ride that edge because the track has no give. That's why there's not battles like [here in the USA] b[ecause] the tracks are only Rough from that [single] day[saturday] ... Not saying it's a bad thing but just when I watch rv2; he's trying to find lines that he can't find because the track doesn't have the [same amount of] give [that US tracks do.]

I've never considered that, It makes perfect sense. I also think it's stupid and dangerous.
2/28/2015 9:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2015 9:48pm
I've never considered that, It makes perfect sense. I also think it's stupid and dangerous.
It's the European way.

If RV is the FMOP, like I think he is, he will find a way.

[Edit: Grammar]
machine
2/28/2015 9:50pm
I agree and not good for passing.

Post a reply to: Question about GP tracks

The Latest