Question From Unadilla

spencerk252
Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 9:37am
Hey guys, finally making my first post after years of lurkin. I was in the pits after first 250 practice and noticed that while washing Andersons bike his mechanic took the bolt out of the waterpump and dumped all the coolant directly into the ground. Im no tree hugger, but that is pretty messed up. Is that a normal practice throughout the pits at the rounds?
|
h&m_cycle
8/10/2014 5:47am
good question, it doesn't have that same shit that used to kill dogs but I wouldn't of dumped it in front of the public.
8/10/2014 5:59am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 6:02am
could be they are running eco safe coolant....
Bultaco
8/10/2014 6:08am
Could be it was straight water. The same stuff coming out of the pressure washer. I doubt they are running anti-freeze on a warm summer day. But you are absolutely correct about draining antifreeze on the ground.

spencerk252
8/10/2014 6:12am
No it was blue looked like engine ice, one mechanic was pressure washing while another took the drain bolt out of the waterpump. Great if its eco friendly but will say its not cool to do with thousands of people walking around. I may be the only person looking at the bikes instead of the riders though.

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2212th
8/10/2014 6:14am
Bultaco wrote:
Could be it was straight water. The same stuff coming out of the pressure washer. I doubt they are running anti-freeze on a warm summer day...
Could be it was straight water. The same stuff coming out of the pressure washer. I doubt they are running anti-freeze on a warm summer day. But you are absolutely correct about draining antifreeze on the ground.

Was it colored at all? Straight water would be the hot ticket for a one day (or moto) fill in the middle of summer, better cooling.
davistld01
8/10/2014 6:17am
No it was blue looked like engine ice, one mechanic was pressure washing while another took the drain bolt out of the waterpump. Great if its...
No it was blue looked like engine ice, one mechanic was pressure washing while another took the drain bolt out of the waterpump. Great if its eco friendly but will say its not cool to do with thousands of people walking around. I may be the only person looking at the bikes instead of the riders though.
I'm not band-aiding for the tech...but how much coolant did that amount to? A few ounces? No, he wasn't using his best judgement...but that's hardly enough to do any damage to anything.
8/10/2014 6:24am
Engine ice is biodegradable. I still wouldn't dump it on the ground personally, but I don't think it would be harmful to do so
spencerk252
8/10/2014 6:54am
No it was blue looked like engine ice, one mechanic was pressure washing while another took the drain bolt out of the waterpump. Great if its...
davistld01 wrote:
I'm not band-aiding for the tech...but how much coolant did that amount to? A few ounces? No, he wasn't using his best judgement...but that's hardly enough...
I'm not band-aiding for the tech...but how much coolant did that amount to? A few ounces? No, he wasn't using his best judgement...but that's hardly enough to do any damage to anything.
my main point is that with the increasing visibility with our sport ie more TV coverage, drug testing etc. we should be a little more careful. look at steel city getting closed from EPA issues, just takes the right person to see it.
stantdm
8/10/2014 7:22am
Poor judgement on the tech's part. Regardless of what was in the coolant it looks bad.

hillbilly
8/10/2014 7:25am
They wouldn't run just water,antifreeze also has a higher boiling point than water.
500guy
8/10/2014 7:27am
They should close the pits, That way nobody will get offended.
ATKpilot99
8/10/2014 8:05am

Or they could use something like this. I mean , I know it's a tremendous hassle but...
cmf295
8/10/2014 9:16am
My question about Unadilla. Why are people soooo excited about ripping banners down after the 250 Moto 2 race was over? Are you that hard up for a freaking banner? Never saw so much white trash fans in my life.
vockins
8/10/2014 9:34am
cmf295 wrote:
My question about Unadilla. Why are people soooo excited about ripping banners down after the 250 Moto 2 race was over? Are you that hard up...
My question about Unadilla. Why are people soooo excited about ripping banners down after the 250 Moto 2 race was over? Are you that hard up for a freaking banner? Never saw so much white trash fans in my life.
It is leaps and bounds better than it used to be. That's not to say there isn't room for improvement, but it used to be like a motocross happening in the middle of a sub-Saharan civil war. I might bring my daughter next year. Maybe.
spencerk252
8/10/2014 9:37am
cmf295 wrote:
My question about Unadilla. Why are people soooo excited about ripping banners down after the 250 Moto 2 race was over? Are you that hard up...
Yeah I've seen worse too. Heard on the unadilla radio station while stuck in traffic to get out ( for two hours ) about the banner things. Passed about 15 cops after finally getting out all with their lights on. Guess they stopped the burnout party.

Post a reply to: Question From Unadilla

The Latest