Quarantine Sales

Related:
Create New Tag

3/23/2020 2:01 PM

With non essential companies slowing being required to close for a while, who's having sales to push inventory before closing?

|

3/23/2020 2:26 PM

Not sure I've seen anyone try to do that

|

3/23/2020 2:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2020 2:31 PM

Airplane tickets. Gasoline. Cruises. Hotel rooms. Stock shares.

|

3/23/2020 2:40 PM

I ordered some nice looking MTB gear from Fasthouse over the weekend...50% Off 2019 Collection was good enough for me to pull the trigger on some new shorts and a jersey.

|

3/23/2020 2:43 PM

I’ll be saving a bunch of money because my wife’s hair salon is shut down...

|

3/23/2020 3:20 PM

I ordered some non essential stuff from amazon. 4 days they still haven't shipped stuff

|

3/23/2020 3:39 PM

Jbulz wrote:

Airplane tickets. Gasoline. Cruises. Hotel rooms. Stock shares.

Gasoline is cheaper because Russia and OPEC are in a little staring contest right now. Who blinks first? I'm going to guess Russia, when oil goes below $20 a barrel. OPEC's like, "F it, we'll go to $5."

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/23/2020 4:01 PM

Falcon wrote:

Gasoline is cheaper because Russia and OPEC are in a little staring contest right now. Who blinks first? I'm going to guess Russia, when oil goes below $20 a barrel. OPEC's like, "F it, we'll go to $5."

Not only that, demand is dropping faster than I do after my 15th shot of vodka.

|

3/23/2020 4:05 PM

Well, I suppose I should have clarified moto companies who are going to having sales out of CA.

|

3/23/2020 4:34 PM

I’m waiting for the 2020 FC350 sale on isle 12!!!

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2006 KX250

3/23/2020 4:36 PM

I bought a $100 bucks worth of RacerX T-shirts for friends and family because I just got my Feld VIP tickets refunded from Detroit SX. I bought the 450 Floor main event tickets for me and my dad to share a once in a lifetime experience. So I thought I would put that $ back into moto now that I have to wait a year.

|

3/23/2020 4:58 PM

devotid wrote:

I bought a $100 bucks worth of RacerX T-shirts for friends and family because I just got my Feld VIP tickets refunded from Detroit SX. I bought the 450 Floor main event tickets for me and my dad to share a once in a lifetime experience. So I thought I would put that $ back into moto now that I have to wait a year.

You are a good Man, thank you.

|

3/23/2020 7:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2020 7:46 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Omg that’s the post of the decade!!! I wished Vital would bronze it, I’m laughing my ass off

|

3/24/2020 6:24 PM

I’m thinking of offering full custom graphics for $180 (10% off). This is the perfect time to freshen up bikes. I don’t have a website quite yet but check out my ig and shoot me a dm if you’re interested @revive.print Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

3/24/2020 6:37 PM

Brad460 wrote:

My wife got in a couple days before they were closed.....but missed her nail appointment......thank god

|

kcco

3/24/2020 7:07 PM

If it goes much longer i think we will start seeing some sales. I think interest rates dropping have pulled some people off the sidelines but that will be short lived I would guess. I've also noticed some used bikes popping up on craigslist for cheaper than usual. I remember in 2010 my local Honda dealer had new cbr1000r's for $7200 OTD. I didn't have that kind of cash sitting around back in those days so i asked about financing and they ran my credit (which was just good at the time, low 700s and i only remember because i had just bought a house) and they came back with 17.9%. I laughed at that and said no way and they said "No! That's actually a good rate for a motorcycle!" I walked out.

|

3/25/2020 9:00 AM

One of the benefit of being a home Bassed business is Moto Hose is still at 100% and will ship as long as USPS is not shut down.

|

3/25/2020 9:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2020 9:29 AM

Brad460 wrote:

dl117 wrote:

My wife got in a couple days before they were closed.....but missed her nail appointment......thank god

Says the guys blowing $500 a weekend on a local mx race? Even if you don't race, your hobby is a few thousand dollar habit/year. I wonder if she sees the value in you guys spending your dirt bike money just to risk your neck and blow a bunch of smoke (luuuv me sum castor oil fumes). Pfff!

The best part is that when she gets her hair and nails done and she looks great, you're still conflicted about her spending the money. C'mon! Let her get acrylics or whatever bells and whistles they offer. You guys want the raptor pegs, she wants the bling too. Get iT?

|

KTM250SX YZ125 YZ85 PW80 ZX6 FZX700

3/25/2020 9:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2020 9:37 AM

Sorry for the off-topic rant! I know my local bike shop is still open for business and I spent $100 on parts last night. Let's keep this economy moving and ride while we can!

|

KTM250SX YZ125 YZ85 PW80 ZX6 FZX700

3/25/2020 10:37 AM

YZed250 wrote:

Says the guys blowing $500 a weekend on a local mx race? Even if you don't race, your hobby is a few thousand dollar habit/year. I wonder if she sees the value in you guys spending your dirt bike money just to risk your neck and blow a bunch of smoke (luuuv me sum castor oil fumes). Pfff!

The best part is that when she gets her hair and nails done and she looks great, you're still conflicted about her spending the money. C'mon! Let her get acrylics or whatever bells and whistles they offer. You guys want the raptor pegs, she wants the bling too. Get iT?

Your wife hacked your vital account...

|

3/25/2020 10:54 AM

What women will look like in another month.

Photo

|

3/25/2020 11:33 AM

dl117 wrote:

YZed250 wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

Your wife hacked your vital account...

Nope, he's 100% correct. My wife looks damn good, and part of that is the upkeep.
If you don't take care of your bike it'll look like crap in short order, unless you never ride it. Hmm, I guess that part applies to the wife too... laughing

|

3/25/2020 12:17 PM

I tried my absolute best this last week to help support the local moto businesses. Took a day off from work to go ride the track before they got told to close down on Wednesday. Buy oil and other necessities from a shop. Bought a good amount of gas for the bike. I still have a job that I can work. My school of thought is, that if I am working, I need to spend something to help the local economy. I can't really go out and buy a bike but anything is better than nothing. I even tried to give an extra $10 when I signed up for practice at the track, he said no but he appreciated it.

|

2019 CRF250R
"Suck less, get better"

3/25/2020 12:24 PM

Our local graphics company is doing 15% off site wide. They do damn good work too.

Bike Graphix

|

3/25/2020 1:11 PM

We'll throw down on the sale...how bout 50% off of any of our t'shirts and accessories that we've got in stock?

So that would be basically $13.00 t'shirts and hats.....is that good enough for some Moto XXX quarantine support?

Use discount code MotoXXX50

Spread the word (but dont spread the virus!...sorry)
www.motoxxx.com

And check out our Moto XXX graphics if you have not yet done so. No harm in taking a look!
www.eramoto.co/collections/moto-xxx

|

3/25/2020 1:39 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

I ordered some non essential stuff from amazon. 4 days they still haven't shipped stuff

We have pushed all nonessential deliveries to late April.

|

3/25/2020 1:45 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

jrrundle wrote:

I had that problem months ago with them. Stuff says it's in stock but nothing happens for like 4 days. then is goes.

|

3/25/2020 1:50 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

jrrundle wrote:

zippytech wrote:

I had that problem months ago with them. Stuff says it's in stock but nothing happens for like 4 days. then is goes.

Interesting. Could be an issue on the part of the seller if not Prime. Would be interested to look at the data there and see what happened.

|

3/25/2020 5:35 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Rick Amatuzio wrote:

Omg that’s the post of the decade!!! I wished Vital would bronze it, I’m laughing my ass off

I understand the context of the post so this isn't in an argumentative tone...but on the flip side, my family's income was just nearly cut in half as my wife's salon (that she works at) was also shut down.

|

3/25/2020 6:26 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

One of the benefit of being a home Bassed business is Moto Hose is still at 100% and will ship as long as USPS is not shut down.

Cool. Not the point of the thread. Are you doing a sale?

|