Putting the size LaRocco’s Leap into perspective

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2018 10:56 PM

I took this photo standing on the lip of the take off.. told my buddy to go stand on the lip of the landing. That’s him with his arms up in the air

Photo

Photo
Photo

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

10/7/2018 11:19 PM

Three point field goal...Score! Seriously, that's a long distance and takes big gonads to set sail. Wish they wouldn't have had the roller before the take off, but it probably saved someone from a free trip to the hospital due to track conditions. Cool pics.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

10/8/2018 2:42 AM

Took this and made it a gif.
Photo

|

10/8/2018 3:08 AM

ledger wrote:

Three point field goal...Score! Seriously, that's a long distance and takes big gonads to set sail. Wish they wouldn't have ...more

Although, it made it even cooler when a rider did jump it!

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

10/8/2018 5:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2018 5:21 AM

Paulin jumped it, in the slop, on like the 2nd or 3rd lap of the first practice on Saturday. Nobody else did. Euros meant business this weekend and they showed it right from the beginning.

|

10/8/2018 5:26 AM

Fonzarelli wrote:

Paulin jumped it, in the slop, on like the 2nd or 3rd lap of the first practice on Saturday. Nobody else did. Euros meant ...more

Roczen jumped it once as well in the 1st practice. But he is a Euro too, I suppose.

|

10/8/2018 5:30 AM

As far as I know the riders that jumped it (although not necessarily regularly) were;

Tomac
Paulin
Coldenhoff
Roczen
Anstie

Anyone else?

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

10/8/2018 5:31 AM

The Hoff sending it early in the second moto was one of many highlights.

And although they didn't clear it at the time, Cairoli and Paulin going side-by-side late in the 3rd race also sticks in the memory.

|

10/8/2018 5:33 AM

Fonzarelli wrote:

Paulin jumped it, in the slop, on like the 2nd or 3rd lap of the first practice on Saturday. Nobody else did. Euros meant ...more

Paulin pulls out some crazy jumps, the one him and Simpson were doing at Lommel into the roller section springs to mind.

|

10/8/2018 5:34 AM

jamma10 wrote:

As far as I know the riders that jumped it (although not necessarily regularly) were;

Tomac
Paulin
Coldenhoff
Roczen
Anstie

...more

Saw herlings do it a couple of times when he was trying to chase down Coldenhoff

|

10/8/2018 5:38 AM

The triple in the valley was close to same jump length but it had a pretty long straight going up to it.

|

10/8/2018 5:39 AM

Isn’t, (or I should say, wasn’t) the whole point of a double or triple jump that it affords an advantage to the few who have the bravery and skill to jump it? If everybody does it then what’s the point?

That track was great. Much better than any GP track in my opinion.

|

10/8/2018 5:44 AM

Fonzarelli wrote:

Andy_Greenney wrote:

Paulin pulls out some crazy jumps, the one him and Simpson were doing at Lommel into the roller section springs to mind.

True, if there's a huge jump and you're waiting for the first rider to try and jump it, always watch Paulin!

|

10/8/2018 5:48 AM

Glenn jumped it almost every lap of the 3rd moto. He wastapping his rear brake downsiding it perfect. Saw Tomac almost come up short a couple times

|

10/8/2018 5:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2018 5:53 AM

Robgvx wrote:

Isn’t, (or I should say, wasn’t) the whole point of a double or triple jump that it affords an advantage to the few who have ...more

I agree with you on your jump theory. It also lowers the number of injuries over the larger jumps. I wish we could have seen these races in the dry, but even muddy was still awesome, track held up well under the conditions.

|

10/8/2018 5:56 AM

In moto 2 Coldenhoff repeatedly busted out the leap when no one else did for the entire race. I saw Barcia attempt and case it. He didn't do it in the 2nd half of the moto at all. Funny, I never had Coldenhoff down as a balls out kind of rider.

|

10/8/2018 6:51 AM

Mitch evans did it 5 or 6 times in the last moto

|

insta @350_life

10/8/2018 7:06 AM

Fonzarelli wrote:

Kenny jumped it in free practice as well on Saturday

|

10/8/2018 12:57 PM

Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/8/2018 1:10 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote: Photo

Looks like the photo I shot.. Lol

|

10/8/2018 3:59 PM

jamma10 wrote:

Tomac
Paulin
Coldenhoff
Roczen
Anstie

...more

I think Tomac might have.

|

10/8/2018 4:40 PM

|

10/8/2018 4:54 PM

GREAT PIC!! I always wonder about jumps like that. Here's a pic I took from 2007 MXoN. "Big Gulp" at Budd's Creek

Photo

|

10/8/2018 5:49 PM

Whoever hucked that leap in those conditions are straight up next level Humans in my book. Every one of them for sure.

|

10/8/2018 6:07 PM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

|

10/8/2018 6:09 PM

TreeFiddy wrote:

Mitch evans did it 5 or 6 times in the last moto

He sure did.... I remember thinking "Shit #18 just sent it!!! Who the fck is #18?!" laughing Looked good doing it!

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

10/9/2018 10:09 AM

Speaking of, has anyone seen Mike ? Was he at Redbud ? doesn't he live in Indiana ...he is on insta but never really post Larocket5 I think

|

Sno Cross Teachers :
" First lets realize your racing something the size and shape and weight of a "Hide a Bed"

10/9/2018 12:51 PM

Coldenhoff was killing it on the single before the leap all day, not sure how he stayed so low without scrubbing. He could carry SO much more speed then just about everyone else. Closest was probably Tomac 3rd moto but his was more of a scrub which caused him troubles at times. I was posted right at the section all of Sunday and Coldenhoff just looked on a different level.

|

10/9/2018 2:52 PM

Oldschool wrote:

Speaking of, has anyone seen Mike ? Was he at Redbud ? doesn't he live in Indiana ...he is on insta but never really post ...more

Mike was there. I heard them interview him over the pa system

|

insta @350_life

10/9/2018 2:52 PM

Photo

There’s one I took this past weekend. Can’t believe how peaked the landing of the triple is. Insane!
|