Purse money = Laughable

lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
4/29/2014 2:40pm
Darryl916 wrote:
1. Riders band together (union or whatever) 2. Ask the organizers to open the books to see how much money they are walking away with. 3...
1. Riders band together (union or whatever)
2. Ask the organizers to open the books to see how much money they are walking away with.
3. Propose a reasonable deal based on the information learned in #2

"Kenneth Feld and his family own and run Feld Entertainment, one of the world's largest live entertainment companies. As the parent company of brands like Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus, Disney On Ice and Monster Jam truck shows, Feld Entertainment recorded $1 billion in revenue in 2012."

http://www.forbes.com/profile/kenneth-feld/
Now why would they open up the books to anyone ? Who do you think you are to think you have the right to look at someones business financials ? Here let me give you Felds answer when you ask to look at the books..............Fuck off !
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1071st
4/29/2014 2:43pm
This is still way better than GP's! Ridiculous entry fees and NO purse money.
hvaughn88
4/29/2014 2:48pm
I'm very on the fence on this subject and can see both sides of the argument. On one hand, I agree with the people that say "you're grown men, if you don't like, quit bitching and go do something else." On the other hand, most of these grown men seem to have had this career decided for them before they were able to really able to obtain any other life skills or traits that would make them a commodity in the work force outside the industry. Also, I see where the purse is laughable. But I also agree that FELD is in the business to make money and I don't blame them at all for that. The only problem I have with the FELD situation is that they don't allow the riders to sell their own products at the races. I don't know that I necessary have a "problem" with it, because again, I understand they are a business looking to make money off their own memorabilia, shirts, etc. I just think it would be a little be easier to justify the rider purse if you allowed them to make money off themselves at the races. Again, not saying it's right or wrong, just easier to justify. Anyways, this fence post just gave me a splinter in my ass so I'm gonna go ahead and move along.
tbright80
4/29/2014 3:03pm
In 2008, I raced 450 Supercross and the payout was $750 to make a night show and $2100 to make a main event. I made 4 mains that year and collected $8,000 to 10,000 in payout money plus $2500 in privateer money from U.S. smokeless tobacco. I think Paul Carpenter won the U.S. smokeless tobacco privateer award in 2008 and received $20,000. That would be cool if each series of professional racing would bring back those privateer funds like years past and privateers in both 250 and 450 classes can add some extra money to their wallets. I know they are bonus funds similar to U.S smokeless tobacco, but they are basically setup to only benefit the factory guys. Until the privateers "ALL" band together and make a stand, purse money in professional racing will always be a topic of discussion.

The Shop

Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1071st
4/29/2014 3:31pm
tbright80 wrote:
In 2008, I raced 450 Supercross and the payout was $750 to make a night show and $2100 to make a main event. I made 4...
In 2008, I raced 450 Supercross and the payout was $750 to make a night show and $2100 to make a main event. I made 4 mains that year and collected $8,000 to 10,000 in payout money plus $2500 in privateer money from U.S. smokeless tobacco. I think Paul Carpenter won the U.S. smokeless tobacco privateer award in 2008 and received $20,000. That would be cool if each series of professional racing would bring back those privateer funds like years past and privateers in both 250 and 450 classes can add some extra money to their wallets. I know they are bonus funds similar to U.S smokeless tobacco, but they are basically setup to only benefit the factory guys. Until the privateers "ALL" band together and make a stand, purse money in professional racing will always be a topic of discussion.
We at TattlerMX do exactly that in the Dutch championships. Best privateer in both 450 and 250 class wins 500 euros cash. I know that might not sound like much, but when you look at the purse money they get ,we're not far off.
Spergen
4/29/2014 4:08pm
Why do the factory riders even need the purse money. Are they not employed professionals riding for a team on an agreed contract.

Why not start the purse money with the first privateer and divvy up the existing total between them ?
hvaughn88
4/29/2014 4:57pm
Spergen wrote:
Why do the factory riders even need the purse money. Are they not employed professionals riding for a team on an agreed contract. Why not start...
Why do the factory riders even need the purse money. Are they not employed professionals riding for a team on an agreed contract.

Why not start the purse money with the first privateer and divvy up the existing total between them ?
Incentive to go faster. Need I say more?
Torco1
4/29/2014 5:00pm
GuyB wrote:
Here's a suggestion. Don't be a Vitard. I'm lucky in that I get a peek behind the curtain. You might be surprised by the person posting...
Here's a suggestion. Don't be a Vitard.

I'm lucky in that I get a peek behind the curtain. You might be surprised by the person posting (no, it's not a rider; and no, I'm not going to drop names).
Ing wrote:
Oh good. Another I know something you don't post.
It's not that hard to figure out who the OP is, all you have to do is look at his name. That's Captain Munnerlyn, #24 on the Minnesota Vikings. He's a pretty good corner that was just picked up from the Panthers and signed a 3 year deal with Vikings. He's coming off his best year with 74 tackles and 2 interceptions, both returned for TD's. Welcome Captain!
slipdog
4/29/2014 5:28pm
GuyB wrote:
Here's a suggestion. Don't be a Vitard. I'm lucky in that I get a peek behind the curtain. You might be surprised by the person posting...
Here's a suggestion. Don't be a Vitard.

I'm lucky in that I get a peek behind the curtain. You might be surprised by the person posting (no, it's not a rider; and no, I'm not going to drop names).
Ing wrote:
Oh good. Another I know something you don't post.
I guess now would not be the time for me to say I just heard some news that will make this place go nuts, but I can't say anything or I'll loose the tie that binds.

Post a reply to: Purse money = Laughable

The Latest