Pulpmx.com: Great Stewart Interview!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2010 5:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2010 5:32 PM

http://www.pulpmx.com/...s/100719_stewart.mp3

For anybody who hasn't listened to it, check it out!

Stewart on: Reed's year, Alessi's year, Dirt Scoot setups, Dungey, Bubba's Reestablishment to MX, Testing, Des Nations, X-Gaymes, An Apathetic Pourcel, Racing with RC, The Mafia, Tweeting, Introducing the World to Eric Sorby, and lot of other goodies and great insight.

Thanks Mathes (sp) and James!
|

Warning: I support propane and propane accessories, fossil burning two-cycle engines, U.S. beef industry and watching the best athletes in the world go to battle... Yup...

7/20/2010 5:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2010 5:29 PM

Yep it is a great interview. If you had any question about his motives and plans you shouldn't anymore.

|

Funny (and true) quote deleted at the request of miedosoracing1.

‎"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

7/20/2010 5:29 PM

So do we know who the mug was that said James wouldn't win again?!?!

James said it is someone you hear every weekend?!?!

Pretty dumb right there...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/20/2010 5:34 PM

Crush wrote:

...more

Maybe an announcer? That has a Drinking Problem! Probably a "black out" type of drinking problem, because whoever it was, they must get pretty soused to say such a statement! haha

|

Warning: I support propane and propane accessories, fossil burning two-cycle engines, U.S. beef industry and watching the best athletes in the world go to battle... Yup...

7/20/2010 5:34 PM

I agree. I was telling Matthes I listened to the whole thing today and really enjoyed it. It's obvious James has been watching the races closely! He was always a student of the sport.

DC
MX Sports

|

7/20/2010 5:40 PM

link does not work.

|

7/20/2010 5:40 PM

Crush wrote:

...more

When he said that i thought of Emig. But what do i know?

|

7/20/2010 5:42 PM

|

‎"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

7/20/2010 5:45 PM

link no worky sad

|

-MJ

7/20/2010 5:47 PM

MrMJS wrote:

link no worky sad

What about this one?
http://www.pulpmx.com/moto_show/archives/podcasts/100719_stewart.mp3

|

7/20/2010 5:49 PM

i guess well see at dilla when stewart wins cause he said he cant wait to call him out on it

|

7/20/2010 5:51 PM

Stewart and L&M again. I guess this Summer is it if you want to see him race outdoors. I'm definitely hitting Steel City but might go to Dilla also.

|

7/20/2010 5:52 PM

motokawi818 wrote:

i guess well see at dilla when stewart wins cause he said he cant wait to call him out on it

Yeah, By the hint he gave it kind of seems like an announcer so that would narrow it down to Emig or Weigandt. I dont see Weigandt saying that... But thats just a guess.

|

7/20/2010 5:57 PM

I couldn't help but notice that Racer X had news of James' Xgames linked to an ESPN article that said: "I'm working hard every day in the gym, and I'm also starting to ride more and more in hopes of making a strong comeback before the end of the Nationals," Stewart stated on the popular motocross radio show, DMXS Radio..."

Did they mean Pulpmx or transworld? I don't remember James being on DMXS lately.

http://espn.go.com/action/fmx/blog/_/post/5395366

|

7/20/2010 5:59 PM

I'm sure it wouldn't have been Fro... He's not an idiot...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/20/2010 6:00 PM

Yes, VERY good interview. I think Matthes really manages to keep the interview honest and isn't afraid to ask tricky questions and on top of that keep his future sms-friendship alive. Good work. I haven't heard or seen anything like this in years. Look folks, it's possible to be honest, and ask hard questions. The truth will set you free!

Also, this is the best PR I have heard in years for Stew. Maybe I have misjudged him previously, but he really comes out as humble, insightful (maybe not his analyze about Reeds problems that's related to Kawasaki, what was that?) and his reason for skipping the Nats seems almost valid (seriously those racists that gave him the finger should be banished and punished for life).

He confirmed what I felt in that Transworld vid that he rode slower than usual and he thought it was funny that so many got carried away and made him appear super fast etc...

Again, good work Matthes, for your sake and for Stew especially!

|

7/20/2010 6:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2010 6:03 PM

|

I've been here 17 years , am I still English, man ???

DrSweden wrote:

Yes, VERY good interview. I think Matthes really manages to keep the interview honest and isn't afraid to ask tricky questions ...more

I think a lot of people have misjudged him.

|

Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2010 6:07 PM

I guess if it's just supposed to be friendly banter then it's all good but I'd think Steve would have pressed him a little when Bubbles mentioned the dude who said he'd never win again.

|

I've been here 17 years , am I still English, man ???

7/20/2010 6:17 PM

DrSweden wrote:

Yes, VERY good interview. I think Matthes really manages to keep the interview honest and isn't afraid to ask tricky questions ...more

panic revver wrote:

It's funny how he says that he was annoyed or whatever that he was told '3 weeks" and then it kept dragging on, which makes sense.

But, when a fan gets annoyed for the exact same reasons, they are labeled a "hater"... just saying. whistling

|

7/20/2010 6:23 PM

DrSweden wrote:

panic revver wrote:

Outsider wrote:

It's funny how he says that he was annoyed or whatever that he was told '3 weeks" and then it kept dragging on, which makes ...more

What fans knew the doctor told him 3 weeks?

|

7/20/2010 6:35 PM

panic revver wrote:

"He was told 3 weeks" Right? Then, it was said he would be back at various stages of the SX season, then Hangtown, then.... he said it himself in the podcast. Right?

Really, you just want to argue semantics with me?

Besides, we're on the same "team" now... laughing laughing

|

7/20/2010 6:53 PM

Did any of you muppets hear that he said he want to do the mxDn? Fuck yeah!!! If this little shit walk the talk, I'm totally jumping the bandwagon!

|

7/20/2010 6:54 PM

panic revver wrote:

I didn't tell him shit! wink

|

7/20/2010 6:54 PM

Outsider wrote:

It's funny how he says that he was annoyed or whatever that he was told '3 weeks" and then it kept dragging on, which makes ...more

panic revver wrote:

Outsider wrote:

"He was told 3 weeks" Right? Then, it was said he would be back at various stages of the SX season, then Hangtown, then.... he ...more

My point is the fans had no idea the doc told him three weeks. The haters were just hating to hate because they didn't know the reason he told us all that he was going to race, the 3 week deal. Then as he moved it the haters kept hating and still hate and some still think he is lying and won't line up for Unadilla. Haters I tell ya, haters.

|

7/20/2010 7:31 PM

motokawi818 wrote:

iudi2006 wrote:

Yeah, By the hint he gave it kind of seems like an announcer so that would narrow it down to Emig or Weigandt. I dont see ...more

Bailey
Weigant
Emig

I can't see any of those guys saying that Bubs would never win again.

And who above has the drinking problem!

|

7/20/2010 7:34 PM

listening to the interview now, interesting comments about the Kawi...not surprising though, even some of us on here have pondered about the green bike for Reed...besides that, great to hear "Stewie"

|

17 KTM 450 SXF - AMAZING!

7/20/2010 8:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2010 8:11 PM

1/3 through and yeah...very good interview.

He did dismiss RD. RD doesn't show the speed on the track...but, nobody seems to walk away from him. I think we'll see that happen again. When James is setting the pace, he will be there.

|

7/20/2010 8:18 PM

DrSweden wrote:

panic revver wrote:

True story.

|

7/20/2010 8:18 PM

The only issue I had with any of James' comments was when he said Dungey isn't faster than everyone else, he's just more fit and doesn't get tired.

I guess we'll see at Unadilla if James' sheer speed or Dungey's endless fitness is the more valuable commodity.

The question still wont be answered though because Dungey wont jeopardize his title vs James and James is focused on A1.

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.