Pulpmx Show Archive w Craig, Nicoletti, Hansen, ML512, Fields and Watson is up

Matthes
12/5/2017 8:24am Edited Date/Time 12/11/2017 1:29pm
Thanks for checking it out, appreciate the listens everyone...get it HERE
|
Mini Elsinore
12/5/2017 8:44am
So, is having Watson on the show simply a way to keep your enemies closer? Dude clearly has a deep contempt for you, Steve. Honest question.
crockett
12/5/2017 9:25am

I picture that Watson is really swardson and then I don't mind him as much.

12/5/2017 10:24am
I love the pulp show, look forward to it every week. That being said, it was a hard episode to get through with Kenny Watson.

The dude interrupts people continually and just comes off as a jerk at times.

No disrespect to the business the man does, but I wouldn't mind never hearing him again. Not surprised his own radio show hasn't taken off.
Stuntman949
12/5/2017 10:26am
Kenny Watson is the man. Wish he was still the co host. Glad to have him back!

The Shop

Myke
Fantasy
2861st
12/5/2017 12:32pm
ML is always one of my favorite guests
ML512
Fantasy
36th
12/5/2017 12:52pm
Myke wrote:
ML is always one of my favorite guests
Mucho appreciated! Hopefully I'll sneak on one more time before the year is up.
12/5/2017 3:07pm
ML you do well as a co-host because you have technical knowledge and a sense of humor. Remind me of a Randy Richardson type when I think of Pulp Show personalities for some reason
12/5/2017 7:27pm
I love the pulp show, look forward to it every week. That being said, it was a hard episode to get through with Kenny Watson. The...
I love the pulp show, look forward to it every week. That being said, it was a hard episode to get through with Kenny Watson.

No disrespect to the business the man does, but I wouldn't mind never hearing him again. Not surprised his own radio show hasn't taken off.
This. Very, this. Even worse backfire than GL last week. Watson's cool-guy schtick was sadly an epic fail. I'm a huge Pulp fan; but yeeaa.. hopefully Steve has the likes of a Berluti, Weege, or DV in studio next week for an easy layup
ratonmacias
12/5/2017 7:53pm
Didnt like that Watson wouldnt speak to ML.
fins227
12/5/2017 8:04pm
Matthes is infatuated with probably the luckiest guy in moto.
Moto520
12/5/2017 9:07pm
I love the pulp show, look forward to it every week. That being said, it was a hard episode to get through with Kenny Watson. The...

This. Very, this. Even worse backfire than GL last week. Watson's cool-guy schtick was sadly an epic fail. I'm a huge Pulp fan; but yeeaa.. hopefully...
This. Very, this. Even worse backfire than GL last week. Watson's cool-guy schtick was sadly an epic fail. I'm a huge Pulp fan; but yeeaa.. hopefully Steve has the likes of a Berluti, Weege, or DV in studio next week for an easy layup
Agree
pdub187
Fantasy
2499th
12/5/2017 9:43pm
This. Very, this. Even worse backfire than GL last week. Watson's cool-guy schtick was sadly an epic fail. I'm a huge Pulp fan; but yeeaa.. hopefully...
I liked GL last week. He made me laugh.
PTshox
12/5/2017 10:17pm
GL was great.
90smoto
12/6/2017 1:25am Edited Date/Time 12/6/2017 1:35am
Bunch of Watson haters up in here. Dam. Not me I dig Kenny and what he brings to the sport and show. I've been an avid fan of Steve and Pulp since the beginning. Kenny is a big reason why Pulp got where it has. He brought the show to a whole new level in the beginning. Also Kenny has never followed the "Normal" path to success in life, he stayed himself and made his own way. I respect him for that. If you happened to be on the moto scene in the 90's you would know what I mean. Steve keep Kenny coming back as long as he is willing, I'm stoked anytime I see his name as a co host cause he keeps it real.
Lightning78
12/6/2017 2:18am
90smoto wrote:
Bunch of Watson haters up in here. Dam. Not me I dig Kenny and what he brings to the sport and show. I've been an avid...
Bunch of Watson haters up in here. Dam. Not me I dig Kenny and what he brings to the sport and show. I've been an avid fan of Steve and Pulp since the beginning. Kenny is a big reason why Pulp got where it has. He brought the show to a whole new level in the beginning. Also Kenny has never followed the "Normal" path to success in life, he stayed himself and made his own way. I respect him for that. If you happened to be on the moto scene in the 90's you would know what I mean. Steve keep Kenny coming back as long as he is willing, I'm stoked anytime I see his name as a co host cause he keeps it real.
Same here, the chemistry between Matthes and Watson will always be something worth listening to and I especially like how Watson (if you listen closely) will drop major hints and things that normally are "secretative" in a way with his behind the scenes knowledge. With that being said I REALLY liked this last show with OG KDUB it harkened back to the days of early pulp and instead of hating Watson for his interruptions you should embrace them Bec that's what made the show so worth listening to. Is it professional behavior on a radio show? No and I don't give a F nor does Watson and his imperfections are what always made the show so much fun to listen to.... You don't need to hang on every word said, ultimately it will get said after the interruption or whatever.

I can't wait to find out who Matthes "very special guest" is for next week/show sounded like it's gonna be a real good one.

Oh and some of you need to "lighten up Francis" with these nitpicking complaints about the show...... Honestly if the show was pure professional radio like it seems some are complaining it should be, would a Pulp show like that REALLY be worth listening to? I don't think so in my opinion.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
2109th
12/6/2017 2:58am
I enjoy his inside info he brings to the show, but it is hard to listen to him when he goes "ummm" so much. As bad as the kids with "like, like, like." Was he like that before? I have only been listening for a year. I keep hearing them say listen to the old episodes where he gets mad and walks out, does anyone know what episode(s) they are?
12/6/2017 4:26am
90smoto wrote:
Bunch of Watson haters up in here. Dam. Not me I dig Kenny and what he brings to the sport and show. I've been an avid...
Let me clarify something for you.

Me voicing an opinion that is critical does not mean I am a "hater", are you still in high school? Yeah, Kenny Watson is a smart business man who has helped numerous motocross teams. The work he did with MotoXXX, H&H and RCH was awesome. Hell, I even like Kenny's taste in music - punk rock all the way. So, I'm actually quite a fan of his. However, I dislike his radio persona.

His tough guy attitude toward ML and some other people is just off-putting.
flatout111
12/6/2017 4:32am
Watson was ok. Does interrupt a lot. Not talking to ML was lame. GL does need to dial it back a notch from last week.

Bring back Michael!! I'm telling you, NL512 needs his on podcast. C'mon, GuyB. Its time!

Preferred this week's show to last. Hanny was cool. Try to get Mookie as a guest and see what is up.
90smoto
12/6/2017 4:42am Edited Date/Time 12/6/2017 4:58am
90smoto wrote:
Let me clarify something for you. Me voicing an opinion that is critical does not mean I am a "hater", are you still in high school...
Let me clarify something for you.

Me voicing an opinion that is critical does not mean I am a "hater", are you still in high school? Yeah, Kenny Watson is a smart business man who has helped numerous motocross teams. The work he did with MotoXXX, H&H and RCH was awesome. Hell, I even like Kenny's taste in music - punk rock all the way. So, I'm actually quite a fan of his. However, I dislike his radio persona.

His tough guy attitude toward ML and some other people is just off-putting.
Easy bro with the "let me clarify something for you" talk. Click it down a couple gears and relax dude you sound like an angry old man haha. Who says I was directly talking to you anyways. Tough guy attitude towards ML huh? Kenny didn't say shit until Steve asked after the interview why he was quiet with ML and Kenny stated he wasn't a fan is all. How is that being a tough guy? He was just being honest how he felt about him and wasn't going to act fake Like most people do. Funny how you think the word "hater" is high school talk too. It's 2017 that's a pretty common phrase these days
12/6/2017 4:57am
If I was just a few years older I would understand some of the stories that guys like Watson tell. Watson still seems like an interesting guy and hes got a hell of a history. I really like the new "1997 GL VS 2008 GL" kind of discussions.

Does the party lifestyle still exist in any of the top 20 pro guys? Seems like after J Law everyone got their shit together in a hurry.
bball35
12/6/2017 5:39am
I don't understand the hate for the GL show. I thought it was pure gold. Still listening to this weeks podcast, but IMO it is great as usual.
early
Fantasy
2139th
12/6/2017 5:50am
The last 2 shows were pretty entertaining for offseason bench racing a month out from the start of the season. I dont understand why there is so much complaining about free entertainment.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
12/6/2017 7:05am
90smoto wrote:
Easy bro with the "let me clarify something for you" talk. Click it down a couple gears and relax dude you sound like an angry old...
Easy bro with the "let me clarify something for you" talk. Click it down a couple gears and relax dude you sound like an angry old man haha. Who says I was directly talking to you anyways. Tough guy attitude towards ML huh? Kenny didn't say shit until Steve asked after the interview why he was quiet with ML and Kenny stated he wasn't a fan is all. How is that being a tough guy? He was just being honest how he felt about him and wasn't going to act fake Like most people do. Funny how you think the word "hater" is high school talk too. It's 2017 that's a pretty common phrase these days
Just for the record Kenny did miss-quote me about the Honda right after I got off the phone, pretty much stated the exact opposite of what I wrote when talking to Craig.
billyp330
12/6/2017 8:41am Edited Date/Time 12/6/2017 10:35am
I really dont care for Watson much. I think he comes off a bit arrogant and fairly unintelligent. It blows my mind that he is actually relevant in the "professional" mx industry. Having said that i think he can be funny at times and seems to actually have a decent heart from Steves comments about him, so I'm very torn on him being on the Pulpmx show. I'd really like to know why he doesn't like ML512 as I like him a lot and would love to hear him on the show more. I made my decision, clip him. Just my opinion
crockett
12/6/2017 9:04am Edited Date/Time 12/6/2017 9:05am
If Watson was on the other end of the phone, as in an interview I would have less of a problem with some of his demeaning comments. But when you come across as a dick when you are a cohost, I'm not interested in that. I've never complained about anyone on the pulp show before either.
I started listening after he was gone, and I don't think I would go through pulpcasts like I do if he still was
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
12/6/2017 9:12am
I like Kenny on the show every once in a while and having different opinions and personalities is what gives the show character. I like Keefer a lot but sometimes him and Steve agreeing on most things and being respectful gets boring.
Motofinne
12/6/2017 9:14am Edited Date/Time 12/6/2017 9:38am
The way Watson handled the part with ML was ridiculous considering that Watson is the first out there talking about "how open he is", how he is "man enough" to speak 1 v 1 and not behind some ones back.

That was a dick move.

I want to hear more of ML on PulpMX.
bball35
12/6/2017 9:16am Edited Date/Time 12/6/2017 9:16am
731chopper wrote:
I like Kenny on the show every once in a while and having different opinions and personalities is what gives the show character. I like Keefer...
I like Kenny on the show every once in a while and having different opinions and personalities is what gives the show character. I like Keefer a lot but sometimes him and Steve agreeing on most things and being respectful gets boring.
But we all can use more "Keefer after dark".
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
12/6/2017 9:29am
bball35 wrote:
Not me, actually. I like Keefer a lot like I said earlier but his after dark segment is over the top most of the time. I like that Steve recognizes it isn't for everyone and puts it at the end. Keefer going into after dark stuff and Matthes going off with political rants makes me think of "I just want to hear the motocross stuff".
billyp330
12/6/2017 10:34am
bball35 wrote:
I love keefer and after dark! I wish the timing was better for me so I could call in during the show, but since I live in Ohio its too late since I have to work the next day

Post a reply to: Pulpmx Show Archive w Craig, Nicoletti, Hansen, ML512, Fields and Watson is up

The Latest