PulpMx show throwback classic

Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
7/9/2020 8:56am
So Pulp posted a throwback show from years back and it’s a good one.

Gotta say, whoever the guy is who called in to pretend to be Giuseppe Luongo is something else! Haha. I always thought it was Jason Weigandt but he was live in studio so it’s not him? Funny stuff!

Other best part was JT, Jason and Nick Wey quoting the Winners Take All slimeball manager, hilarious!
|
hamncheeze
7/9/2020 10:15am
Ramrod wrote:
So Pulp posted a throwback show from years back and it’s a good one. Gotta say, whoever the guy is who called in to pretend to...
So Pulp posted a throwback show from years back and it’s a good one.

Gotta say, whoever the guy is who called in to pretend to be Giuseppe Luongo is something else! Haha. I always thought it was Jason Weigandt but he was live in studio so it’s not him? Funny stuff!

Other best part was JT, Jason and Nick Wey quoting the Winners Take All slimeball manager, hilarious!
I re-listened to that one....still can't figure out who Luongo is. It might be Jimmy Albertson or maybe even Vital's own David Pingree??
jdub2035
7/9/2020 12:16pm
That was a fun one to listen to. I think it was that sinjin as Luongo.
Stuntman949
7/9/2020 12:26pm
The Bin-Ladin EKS Brand sale had me dying
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
7/9/2020 1:30pm
Whoever the guy imitating Luongo was superb 👍

The Shop

aeffertz
7/9/2020 1:31pm
Weege’s backyard wrestling story was radio gold!
hamncheeze
7/9/2020 2:25pm
If you have the time on your hands there are a lot of old PulpMX shows that are hilarious to re-listen to. I know Steve and Ping had a big split, but pretty much any show with Ping in studio was comedy gold. As much as I enjoy Whiskey Throttle I really miss Ping on PulpMX. Some of the old shows with Watson were pretty funny too, but he was so light-switch. He'd be into it, then flip the switch and check out. There was also that period post-Watson where Steve first started using new co-hosts, like DV was more regular, Mike Mason did a few, Jimmy Albertson too. Honestly I miss Top Jimmy from the sport, he is a really funny guy. I hope he's doing well, seems like things went a bit sideways in his life for a bit.
tobz
7/9/2020 4:54pm
Listening to laser gate now; my god mike Genova has given me a headache.

He’s whinging that Matthes broke the news and that no one checked with the team if it was true, yet 2 days later mike knew fuckall, then had the audacity to then claim that Jeff has nothing to do with the team anyway.

What a shit show the Alessis and that team we’re back then
mx196
Fantasy
3991st
7/9/2020 5:38pm
Awesome show it’s funny they all have the same chemistry as they still do now. Nick wey was fucking hilarious when he was on. JT was also great as usual cool to hear him talk when he was still actively racing.
Crisp
7/9/2020 7:25pm
tobz wrote:
Listening to laser gate now; my god mike Genova has given me a headache. He’s whinging that Matthes broke the news and that no one checked...
Listening to laser gate now; my god mike Genova has given me a headache.

He’s whinging that Matthes broke the news and that no one checked with the team if it was true, yet 2 days later mike knew fuckall, then had the audacity to then claim that Jeff has nothing to do with the team anyway.

What a shit show the Alessis and that team we’re back then
What number show is lazer gate?
tobz
7/9/2020 7:34pm
Dimblewambie
7/9/2020 8:46pm
hamncheeze wrote:
If you have the time on your hands there are a lot of old PulpMX shows that are hilarious to re-listen to. I know Steve and...
If you have the time on your hands there are a lot of old PulpMX shows that are hilarious to re-listen to. I know Steve and Ping had a big split, but pretty much any show with Ping in studio was comedy gold. As much as I enjoy Whiskey Throttle I really miss Ping on PulpMX. Some of the old shows with Watson were pretty funny too, but he was so light-switch. He'd be into it, then flip the switch and check out. There was also that period post-Watson where Steve first started using new co-hosts, like DV was more regular, Mike Mason did a few, Jimmy Albertson too. Honestly I miss Top Jimmy from the sport, he is a really funny guy. I hope he's doing well, seems like things went a bit sideways in his life for a bit.
Ping was always really good on pulp, miss that duo as well. Even the simple “good olay days” remark when steve had that dress shoe sponsor for a minute. Classic ping.
ConnorD11
7/9/2020 9:43pm
I went and listened to the Lasergate show after that throwback one.

DV needs to get back in there and co-host again
I just recently started listening to pulp and had to go back and listen to lasergate. I remember that shit storm on social media and it was hilarious. I wish we could go back and find all the posts and comments from those times.
Just started listening to the Vegas episode..
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/9/2020 9:59pm

ConnorD11 wrote:
I just recently started listening to pulp and had to go back and listen to lasergate. I remember that shit storm on social media and it...
I just recently started listening to pulp and had to go back and listen to lasergate. I remember that shit storm on social media and it was hilarious. I wish we could go back and find all the posts and comments from those times.
hamncheeze
7/9/2020 10:15pm
That was before my time on Vital as a member but I remember looking at the thread as a lurker when it was about 5 pages. Wow, 60 pages! Not sure if I’ll go back for the other 55.

I should have also added on the list of PulpMX shows, anytime you get either JT or Weege in the studio to co-host it’s a great show. Those guys are both so tight with Matthes, the banter goes up a notch.
7/9/2020 11:17pm

ConnorD11 wrote:
I just recently started listening to pulp and had to go back and listen to lasergate. I remember that shit storm on social media and it...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I remember that thread.

All the laser photoshops were the best.
aeffertz
7/9/2020 11:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2020 11:32pm
tobz wrote:
Here's a clip on their YouTube channel as well! It's so funny to hear the Tony drops in context, they don't even sound real at this point. Grinning

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/10/2020 12:46am
hamncheeze wrote:
That was before my time on Vital as a member but I remember looking at the thread as a lurker when it was about 5 pages...
That was before my time on Vital as a member but I remember looking at the thread as a lurker when it was about 5 pages. Wow, 60 pages! Not sure if I’ll go back for the other 55.

I should have also added on the list of PulpMX shows, anytime you get either JT or Weege in the studio to co-host it’s a great show. Those guys are both so tight with Matthes, the banter goes up a notch.
You might not want to go back to read the extra 55 pages, but I highly recommend you at least go back and skim through them. There's some funny stuff in there (Lazer memes, Hitler rage video, etc.).

Thank me later, Grinning
7/10/2020 3:45am
The old call in guys like sinjin were awesome compared to the new crop.

The humour of the show has still carried on almost 10 years to nowdays with Tech Man

Post a reply to: PulpMx show throwback classic

The Latest