PulpMx Wrap Up Show

3/28/2019 8:32am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2019 2:25pm
So, what are y'alls thoughts on the 1st show?
|
milliebays
3/28/2019 8:34am
Cant complain. Darkside made a good point about kawi hr likely being involved.
3/28/2019 8:35am
Listened last night - basically a cliff notes version of the 4-5hr long show... I enjoyed it!! Thought you did a solid job Darkside..

One question: who the F is Hal?? lol I'm a a huge Pulp fan and have listened to hundreds upon hundreds of hours of content, and I have zero idea who he is
BMc914
3/28/2019 9:10am
I could only listen to 10 min and turned it off.

No reason to have a talk show about a talk show.

Just have them on the original show its 5 hours long anyways. Should be able to fit them in some where if the opinions are that can't miss.
3/28/2019 9:12am
Listened last night - basically a cliff notes version of the 4-5hr long show... I enjoyed it!! Thought you did a solid job Darkside.. One question...
Listened last night - basically a cliff notes version of the 4-5hr long show... I enjoyed it!! Thought you did a solid job Darkside..

One question: who the F is Hal?? lol I'm a a huge Pulp fan and have listened to hundreds upon hundreds of hours of content, and I have zero idea who he is
LOL, Hal is a super fan of Wilson and helped out when Chad was doing his own thing few years ago.

The Shop

jingram4
Fantasy
3181st
3/28/2019 9:20am
i think randy richardson and matthes maybe keefer should just do a 1-2 hour show every week where they bullshit and screw off jab like they do all the time. I would listen to that way more than a wrap up show of a show show
BMc914
3/28/2019 9:25am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2019 9:25am
Steve and his crew should do The Pulp Daily Moto Show. Every day couple hours of moto talk. Same time and listen live. Kinda how sports talk radio is.
3/28/2019 9:51am
Listened last night - basically a cliff notes version of the 4-5hr long show... I enjoyed it!! Thought you did a solid job Darkside.. One question...

Hal is this extremely biased and annoying guy that adds nothing to anything. Not sure how these nut hugger types always weasel their way in.

On a positive note, I enjoyed darkside much more doing a show for pulp instead of constantly talking about pulp on his and TJ's show.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
3/28/2019 7:59pm
BMc914 wrote:
I could only listen to 10 min and turned it off. No reason to have a talk show about a talk show. Just have them on...

Just have them on the original show its 5 hours long anyways. Should be able to fit them in some where if the opinions are that can't miss.
I don't get it, a podcast about a podcast?
bigk218
Fantasy
3130th
3/28/2019 8:15pm
I liked it! They dissected the interviews and analyzed the entire show on a deeper level. I thought they did a great job. Looking forward to much more as well as watching the show evolve.
22Ryann
Fantasy
3989th
3/28/2019 9:11pm
BMc914 wrote:
I could only listen to 10 min and turned it off. No reason to have a talk show about a talk show. Just have them on...

"No reason to have a talk show about a talk show. "

Yea I was on this thought train, so many podcasts now & we are going to start having shows about other shows every week.

I get that probably a lot of people will catch this concise version of the show tho.
Tonynz
3/28/2019 9:36pm
Just finished listening, I enjoyed it. We all have a choice of what we listen to.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
3/28/2019 9:38pm
Good Job Darkside.
Do you play pulp Fantasy SX/MX?
S.A. Weave
3/28/2019 10:07pm
Can y'all just get a Broadway Powersports commercial, those were really good!!
Jrewing
3/29/2019 2:00am
Does it have less WPS advertising? I’m not listening to PulpMX as much because of the payed commenting. Killing the show
flatout111
3/29/2019 5:44am
I enjoyed the show. I totally agree with Darkside in that I could do without some of the rider interviews. Some of those I sometimes skip but my favorite part of the Pulp Show is the banter between say Steve, JT, Marx, etc and all the segments where they are bench racing and just talking moto.

Good job, Darkside.
MXD
3/29/2019 5:49am
I thought they did a great job but it'll probably be the last time I listen. I just don't think I'll listen to a show about a show that I already listened to.
Kyle_McNab
3/29/2019 5:58am
I like anything pulp but this is a little redundant lol
rangot
3/29/2019 5:58am
MXD wrote:
I thought they did a great job but it'll probably be the last time I listen. I just don't think I'll listen to a show about...
I thought they did a great job but it'll probably be the last time I listen. I just don't think I'll listen to a show about a show that I already listened to.
It's better than listening to a show about a show you didn't listen to, right ?
MXD
3/29/2019 6:00am
MXD wrote:
I thought they did a great job but it'll probably be the last time I listen. I just don't think I'll listen to a show about...
rangot wrote:
Absolutely.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
3/29/2019 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2019 12:20pm
The Reason i asked if he Played Pulp fantasy was to ask a question,
Im wondering if they have considered changing the cut off time for Having your picks in at the Triple Crown rounds?
My reason for asking is i think you should have to have your pics in prior to The LCQ's it just seems to easy those rounds and like there would be little separation, with knowing exactly who is gonna make the mains so everyone can then just pick high handicap guys knowing they got in through the LCQ , ya see what im saying?

I mean ideally they (FELD) would add the LCQ to the night show which would fix the problem, but obviously pulp cant control that, but they can control the cutoff time for having your picks in right.
Whats your though ? Should the cutoff be right up to when the LCQ's are about to start on those days ?
And also if this hasnt already come up ? It could be a good question for Steve and JT and the other experts.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
3/29/2019 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2019 12:22pm
MXD wrote:
rangot wrote:
MXD wrote:
Absolutely.
I think it would be Good to listen to the shorter show
If you didnt have time to catch the longer show
As apposed to listening to both.
And you pretty much would get the main points covered.
marx41
Fantasy
924th
3/29/2019 2:00pm
Tarz483 wrote:
The Reason i asked if he Played Pulp fantasy was to ask a question, Im wondering if they have considered changing the cut off time for...
The Reason i asked if he Played Pulp fantasy was to ask a question,
Im wondering if they have considered changing the cut off time for Having your picks in at the Triple Crown rounds?
My reason for asking is i think you should have to have your pics in prior to The LCQ's it just seems to easy those rounds and like there would be little separation, with knowing exactly who is gonna make the mains so everyone can then just pick high handicap guys knowing they got in through the LCQ , ya see what im saying?

I mean ideally they (FELD) would add the LCQ to the night show which would fix the problem, but obviously pulp cant control that, but they can control the cutoff time for having your picks in right.
Whats your though ? Should the cutoff be right up to when the LCQ's are about to start on those days ?
And also if this hasnt already come up ? It could be a good question for Steve and JT and the other experts.
We’ve talked about this a lot. The problem is there’s such a small window of time after qualifying until the LCQ it makes it tough to be fair to everyone in all time zones and countries. What we’ll likely do instead next year is adjust handicaps for triple crowns so it’s not just “pick 3 16s and an all star” kind of thing.

On the original subject, I wondered how having a show about a show would go, but I think the boys did a good job with a tough task for the first episode.
adastramx
3/29/2019 7:57pm
Darkside is a good host, but this should be a 20-40 minute rundown of the best parts of the 5 hour show. Don't need to hear more of the same opinions about last weeks race. Just listened to 5 hours of it.

What would be even better, do a show recapping the BEST clips from DMXS, Whisky Throttle, 447, Main Event Moto, and Pulp. Put out all the best info from all the best shows and keep it to 60 minutes for those of us who don't have time to listen to 12 hours of podcasts every week but also want to be in the loop.
Jrewing
3/30/2019 1:04am
Doesn’t matter either way, as stated I don’t like it and I’m a ‘customer’, much like you are and you are cool with it.
I love Steve’s Privatteer pods and The Steve Mathew show, but I like my advertising as advertising, but when the advertising is disguised as content I feel different then.
Frank
3/30/2019 5:17am
A shortened version with only the top stars interviews would be good. I could care less about industry peoples thoughts & opinions about the races.
Bramlett321
3/30/2019 6:25am
jingram4 wrote:
i think randy richardson and matthes maybe keefer should just do a 1-2 hour show every week where they bullshit and screw off jab like they...
i think randy richardson and matthes maybe keefer should just do a 1-2 hour show every week where they bullshit and screw off jab like they do all the time. I would listen to that way more than a wrap up show of a show show
That’s the show right there lol!!! RR and Steve going at it and just pick another guy, Berlutti even. That shit would be podcast gold !
deluxeman
3/30/2019 11:04am
The show is a waste of 60 minutes. I already listened to the show, and I hope I am smart enough to figure out what people are saying.

A review of a show that isn’t very intellectually challenging to explain what was being said seems like a complete non starter.

Post a reply to: PulpMx Wrap Up Show

The Latest