PulpMX survey

tobz
5/28/2020 4:27am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2020 8:55pm
Good opportunity to sensibly rank the Wrap Up show at the absolute lowest possible yet they don’t even include it in the survey.

Sad I gotta say I’m shocked it’s still around, someone around here must listen to it.
|
crowe176
5/28/2020 4:32am
I like Darkside, and I’ll listen to it if I have nothing else, but I listen to the whole main show, so it’s pointless for the condensed version. I’m assuming there’s enough people that don’t like a 4-5 hour podcast and need it? I love long podcasts as I listen at work.
Crush
5/28/2020 4:47am
It's not the best, but I listen most eps, if nothing else because I love Pulp, but it is slowly getting better.

There have been some funny moments and it's also being judged next to the proverbial tidal wave of quality moto content we have in 2020.

Darkside is basically getting started – listen to any of the other pods in their infancy, and it's not pretty there either – I enjoy Fro's commentary and RC has gotten better but listening to them skype each other was brutal.
Crush
5/28/2020 4:52am
Speaking of Pulp – just saw the handicaps.

How is AC a minus 3 and also an expert pick?! And Marty's handicap and last finish not inspiring a lot of hope either!
haha
Motofinne
5/28/2020 4:59am
I have nothing against Darkside but the format is just not good. Very few could make something good out of those guidelines.

The Shop

Hoks
5/28/2020 6:22am
Crush wrote:
Speaking of Pulp – just saw the handicaps. How is AC a minus 3 and also an expert pick?! And Marty's handicap and last finish not inspiring...

How is AC a minus 3 and also an expert pick?! And Marty's handicap and last finish not inspiring a lot of hope either!
haha
I think the Handicaps are based more off of a formula or some sort of “science” rather than what the committee feels. I’m sure there has been instances where the committee has adjusted a formula, but I imagine they try to stay true to it.

When money is involved and someone has a chance to capitalize on something like this people would be pissed of it was based off of people’s personal opinions and not results on the track
aeffertz
5/28/2020 7:16am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2020 7:23am
Crush wrote:
Speaking of Pulp – just saw the handicaps. How is AC a minus 3 and also an expert pick?! And Marty's handicap and last finish not inspiring...

haha
Hoks wrote:
I think the Handicaps are based more off of a formula or some sort of “science” rather than what the committee feels. I’m sure there has...
I think the Handicaps are based more off of a formula or some sort of “science” rather than what the committee feels. I’m sure there has been instances where the committee has adjusted a formula, but I imagine they try to stay true to it.

When money is involved and someone has a chance to capitalize on something like this people would be pissed of it was based off of people’s personal opinions and not results on the track
?

He’s not an all star, therefore he gets double points for finishing in the top 10, which is a safe bet. Adding a negative handicap helps even the points curve. If he gets 3rd place, that puts him at 6th with double points.

I’m absolutely picking him, not a shock that it’s an expert pick.

And if Marty got 14th again, he’d still get double points. I’m assuming they’re expecting him to finish higher than 14th. The Marty train is a wild one, I don’t know how to feel about picking him! Lol
5/28/2020 7:51am
Bitching about free content. Feel free to drop your podcast link and ill give it a shot.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
5/28/2020 11:37am
Crush wrote:

haha
-3 is pretty good. What are the changes of AC being in the top7? Probably higher than Marty not crashing out and finishing in the top 14
tobz
5/28/2020 2:05pm
Bitching about free content. Feel free to drop your podcast link and ill give it a shot.
It’s survey asking about the content? run along.
Spooner
5/28/2020 2:19pm
I didn't even see the wrap up show as an option to rate..?
tobz
5/28/2020 2:57pm
Spooner wrote:
Hence the thread. Did you read the OP?
Spooner
5/28/2020 2:59pm
Spooner wrote:
tobz wrote:
Hence the thread. Did you read the OP?
Ahh didn’t see the line about it not being included haha!
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
5/28/2020 4:40pm
I don't like how many negative handicaps there have been this year. They're trying to make it more difficult but that takes some of the fun away. Slow pitch home runs are fun to hit every once in a while.
motokawi818
5/28/2020 6:18pm
In the ping vs mathes thread people were bitching about pulps length, now they’re bitching about a solution to that length. Love vital.
tobz
5/28/2020 7:02pm
In the ping vs mathes thread people were bitching about pulps length, now they’re bitching about a solution to that length. Love vital.
That’s interesting that the length is an issue. I listen to bits and pieces throughout the week, most of the important discussion in the first half of the show I feel.

And when Matthes is constantly saying that darkside misrepresents what he’s said during the show, what’s the point of a wrap up show if he’s incorrectly wrapping the show up?
SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
5/28/2020 7:15pm
My podcast app automatically downloads every podcast in the PulpMX show feed. Unfortunately that includes the Wrap-Up show.

Does anyone happen to know if that automatic download counts as a listen, even if I immediately delete it upon seeing it?
motokawi818
5/28/2020 7:28pm
tobz wrote:
That’s interesting that the length is an issue. I listen to bits and pieces throughout the week, most of the important discussion in the first half...
That’s interesting that the length is an issue. I listen to bits and pieces throughout the week, most of the important discussion in the first half of the show I feel.

And when Matthes is constantly saying that darkside misrepresents what he’s said during the show, what’s the point of a wrap up show if he’s incorrectly wrapping the show up?
It seems like you’re doing the same thing matthes is saying. They’re friends, so he razzes him harder than normal for entertainment. Social cues allow one to pick up on that. If dark side was absolutely terrible it’d be gone by now. Maybe having their convos on air is detrimental at this point, but people are listening.
motokawi818
5/28/2020 7:29pm
SPYGUY wrote:
My podcast app automatically downloads every podcast in the PulpMX show feed. Unfortunately that includes the Wrap-Up show. Does anyone happen to know if that automatic...
My podcast app automatically downloads every podcast in the PulpMX show feed. Unfortunately that includes the Wrap-Up show.

Does anyone happen to know if that automatic download counts as a listen, even if I immediately delete it upon seeing it?
It doesn’t. Or else it’d have crazy high number and they wouldn’t be able to differentiate.
Crush
5/28/2020 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2020 8:01pm
crusty_xx wrote:
-3 is pretty good. What are the changes of AC being in the top7? Probably higher than Marty not crashing out and finishing in the top...
-3 is pretty good. What are the changes of AC being in the top7? Probably higher than Marty not crashing out and finishing in the top 14
Expert picks would influence the pick percentage positively right? The handicap is the deterrent, but really, just seems like first race back, arguable he shouldn't be an all-star anyways, so I can see both sides.... but then what is the point?

I guess it's money on both sides of the ball so to speak, but his results are pretty similar to Barcia's, not even so much different to Anderson's. And he can crash as easily as Marty haha... he's just had three races off, so having him an all-star with a reasonable handicap would achieve much the same. I would actually prefer there was only maybe 3 all-stars per round, so you're betting for the podium guys or similar.

5/28/2020 8:17pm
tobz wrote:
That’s interesting that the length is an issue. I listen to bits and pieces throughout the week, most of the important discussion in the first half...

The only reasonable solution is to produce a show about the show that reviews the PulpMX show.
tobz
5/28/2020 8:20pm
tobz wrote:

The only reasonable solution is to produce a show about the show that reviews the PulpMX show.
“The PulpMX wrap up show review”

Genius Woohoo
ProKawi24
5/28/2020 8:55pm
Only time I listen to the wrap up show is when I've already listened to everything else and want some background noise while working or wrenching. It's not bad but I wouldn't care if it went away.

The regular Pulp show and others (Fly show, fantasy, etc) are absolutely awesome, never miss an episode.

Post a reply to: PulpMX survey

The Latest