PulpMX fantasy SX/MX

langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
12/16/2017 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2020 11:56am
Anyone else having an issue signing up/ paying ? I've tried several times, but I can get it to the billing page to pay ??
|
macz400
12/16/2017 8:15pm
langhammx wrote:
Anyone else having an issue signing up/ paying ? I've tried several times, but I can get it to the billing page to pay ??
Same here!
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
12/16/2017 9:13pm
I need more clarification on the scoring. I tried to sell my group of friends on it tonight and couldn’t explain it. There needs to be an in depth description of the scoring with examples.
hoots3pak
12/17/2017 12:35am
I have been unable to get back in. I guess my password is wrong and there is no link to change it
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
12/17/2017 1:57am
No Paypal option to pay Sad

The Shop

marx41
Fantasy
924th
12/17/2017 9:39am
Anyone having trouble can email me at info@pulpmxfantasy.com. In depth rules can also be found at pulpmxfantasy.com/rules

I’m finishing up a lot of league and account tools, sorry for the inconveniences while I iron out the little things.
MXerDW
12/17/2017 10:14am
Marx, can you please set up a friends division named PulpMX forums? For the people that used to play over at the pulp forums every year.
12/17/2017 12:09pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I need more clarification on the scoring. I tried to sell my group of friends on it tonight and couldn’t explain it. There needs to be...
I need more clarification on the scoring. I tried to sell my group of friends on it tonight and couldn’t explain it. There needs to be an in depth description of the scoring with examples.
Points are awarded the same way they are in SX; 1st place 25pts, etc. Riders are assigned a handicap. Ex: Cole Seely +4 handicap. If Cole finishes 5th, that's as good as a 1st due to his handicap. So if he was one of your picks, you'd get 25pts. Riders outside the top 8 in points will receive double points if they finish inside the Top 10. Ex: Justin Brayton (let's assume he's outside the top 8 in points) with a +9 handicap finishes 12th, which is as good as a 3rd due to his handicap plus he gets double points, so if you had Brayton you'd get 21pts x 2 = 42pts.

So, guys who barely make the main event can potentially earn you more points than the typical top 10 guys - all depends on how well you think a rider can do that day considering their handicap, etc
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
12/17/2017 2:40pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I need more clarification on the scoring. I tried to sell my group of friends on it tonight and couldn’t explain it. There needs to be...
Points are awarded the same way they are in SX; 1st place 25pts, etc. Riders are assigned a handicap. Ex: Cole Seely +4 handicap. If Cole...
Points are awarded the same way they are in SX; 1st place 25pts, etc. Riders are assigned a handicap. Ex: Cole Seely +4 handicap. If Cole finishes 5th, that's as good as a 1st due to his handicap. So if he was one of your picks, you'd get 25pts. Riders outside the top 8 in points will receive double points if they finish inside the Top 10. Ex: Justin Brayton (let's assume he's outside the top 8 in points) with a +9 handicap finishes 12th, which is as good as a 3rd due to his handicap plus he gets double points, so if you had Brayton you'd get 21pts x 2 = 42pts.

So, guys who barely make the main event can potentially earn you more points than the typical top 10 guys - all depends on how well you think a rider can do that day considering their handicap, etc
What would be awesome is a mock scoring from a week last year with the handicaps and all.....

Hint hint Marx Dog

Also.... could I trouble you for a published handicap spreadsheet each week?
mx196
Fantasy
3991st
12/18/2017 8:17am
Points are awarded the same way they are in SX; 1st place 25pts, etc. Riders are assigned a handicap. Ex: Cole Seely +4 handicap. If Cole...

That makes sense. However we still are required to pick ONE rider inside of the top 8 designated as an all star correct? And that rider will only earn single points?
Any other rider outside the top 8 that we pick earn double points?
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
12/18/2017 8:22am
Can you pick Cole Seely every week to win? Asking for a friend...
12/18/2017 8:41am

mx196 wrote:
That makes sense. However we still are required to pick ONE rider inside of the top 8 designated as an all star correct? And that rider...
That makes sense. However we still are required to pick ONE rider inside of the top 8 designated as an all star correct? And that rider will only earn single points?
Any other rider outside the top 8 that we pick earn double points?
Correct... keep in mind the riders who are eligible for double points will only actually get double points if they finish within the top 10 after their handicap. So there's a definitely a risk/reward aspect to some of the picks that could could be boom or bust.
HuskyEd
12/18/2017 8:49am
Jarid332 wrote:
Woohoo
daemon616
12/19/2017 6:33pm
Jarid332 wrote:
Only if you live in the US sorry bro.

aeffertz
2/8/2020 6:38pm
Just pulled this thread up on a search. But man the handicaps this year have been so tight, it makes gambling on somebody extremely difficult to even think about doing. It seems like for a gamble to pay off now you have to pick a guy in 35th + qualifying.

Maybe it's just because the series is back in CA this week that the handicaps are wonky but it's kinda felt like this all year.
NicNak
Fantasy
3867th
2/10/2020 9:29am
It's my first year playing and i'm enjoying it a lot. I've also been doing well so that probably helps...I would definitely NEVER pick a guy who was 35th in qualifying wtf???? You gotta have 8 guys in the main or you're screwed. The gambles i take would look more like Chris Howell at a 13, qualified P17. He was looking good and he gets double points just for making the main. Put it in the show straight out of the heat. However he could have easily crashed in the heat, got a bad gate pick in the LCQ and DNQ. It's some next level deep analytics we got going on with my friends and I.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
2/10/2020 9:44am
I have an ongoing issue with scoring decent points.
agn5009
2/10/2020 9:54am
NicNak wrote:
It's my first year playing and i'm enjoying it a lot. I've also been doing well so that probably helps...I would definitely NEVER pick a guy...
It's my first year playing and i'm enjoying it a lot. I've also been doing well so that probably helps...I would definitely NEVER pick a guy who was 35th in qualifying wtf???? You gotta have 8 guys in the main or you're screwed. The gambles i take would look more like Chris Howell at a 13, qualified P17. He was looking good and he gets double points just for making the main. Put it in the show straight out of the heat. However he could have easily crashed in the heat, got a bad gate pick in the LCQ and DNQ. It's some next level deep analytics we got going on with my friends and I.
Yep I mistakenly picked Jorgenson because he qualified like 18th and had a 16 handicap. If he had made it into the main I would have got great points no matter what happened. Unfortunately his practice speed didn't translate since he didn't qualify.
NicNak
Fantasy
3867th
2/10/2020 11:56am
NicNak wrote:
It's my first year playing and i'm enjoying it a lot. I've also been doing well so that probably helps...I would definitely NEVER pick a guy...
agn5009 wrote:
Yep I mistakenly picked Jorgenson because he qualified like 18th and had a 16 handicap. If he had made it into the main I would have...
Yep I mistakenly picked Jorgenson because he qualified like 18th and had a 16 handicap. If he had made it into the main I would have got great points no matter what happened. Unfortunately his practice speed didn't translate since he didn't qualify.
Yeah that's rough. Jorgensen is one of those guys on the bubble.

Post a reply to: PulpMX fantasy SX/MX

The Latest