PulpMX Theory

RCN4HIM
1/10/2018 5:26pm
Been listening to the show every week for 3 years in the shop & on long trips in my vehicle... Love everything about the show, Keefer, Ping and the rest of them except the vulgarity. It has always amazed me that the corporate support needed and the customer base I'm sure desired, to grow this great work they do, that there would not be a filter in place not to offend or give a reason for a potential customer to tune out? Own a business (23yrs) and if a customer has a complaint, we bend over backwards to address and then gain 3 more customers off of that remedied complaint!
I never walked into any business, restaurant, or establishment and was greeted by, "How can I F'n help you? I have been embarrassed when my wife or kids walk into my shop and I have to run to the stereo to turn the show down? I see great potential to what Keefer is doing and hope he succeeds by doing it right and doing it better than anyone else (That's what my Grandpa always told me was the key to success!)
Frank
1/10/2018 5:37pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 5:38pm
The entire pro side of this sport is entertainment. If the media, the forums, the broadcast and the live experience are not entertaining there is no point.

Pulpmx, DMXS and Ping are the only ones who get this.

Its just dirt bike racing. Everyone needs to stop being fake and cater to our own instead of some artificial populous they think exists that will make them rich.
1/10/2018 5:44pm
Hey Guys, Just want to clear some stuff up. No, Matthes isn't grooming me to take over Pulp. Pulp without Matthes would be crap, I get...
Hey Guys,

Just want to clear some stuff up. No, Matthes isn't grooming me to take over Pulp. Pulp without Matthes would be crap, I get that. I am just thankful for what I get to do and try to do my best for him and the Pulp Nation.

As far as Dirt Rider shit canning me, I gave my two weeks, but didn't get shit canned. LOL. I left on my own. They wanted me to start doing certain things that I didn't believe in, so I chose to leave. I am bummed to see them going digital only, but the writing was on the wall when I was there as well. Matthes was nice enough to give me a job and so here we are.

Yes, I do say heighth sometimes and it bugs the crap out of me too, so I understand that people are annoyed by it. I even catch myself saying it on my pod and correct myself. Other people have told me this as well, so I try to enunciate my words slower. I think it's because I use the word "width" before "height" and it bites me in the ass! Noted!

I also understand I am not for everyone, I get that. However, I do appreciate the people that do trust in me and hope I can always TRY to steer those listeners/riders in the right direction. I will always do my best. I created Keefer Inc.Testing so I can be myself and also be transparent to consumers out there. It was difficult at times to do at Dirt Rider. I didn't grow up rich and my dad used to buy parts/gear/bikes/etc that he thought was good (based on magazine tests) and it sometimes sucked! I always remembered that.

I will try to chill on the F bombs, but it is who I am, so it will still come out from time to time. You should listen to my wife, she's worse! Smile

Hope this clears some stuff up!

Long live PULP NATION!
Haha, thanks for the post. keep up the good work! Have you ever done a review on the R&D genius throttle body? DCR Cam? or thumper racing 2018 KTM490 kit?

Thanks

The Shop

fins227
1/10/2018 6:16pm
Bro's if you want censorship go listen to main event moto. Personally I prefer the cursing, reminds me of mother.
Gale19XX
1/10/2018 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 7:24pm
I'm guessing the OP noticed an increase in Keefer "activity" involved with PulpMx, not catching the episode where they announced Keefer picking up some work with the show. I won't forget that episode because I laughed so hard I farted when Steve said "Pete Peterson can suck my dick."

I'm not into the Keefer after Dark but probably because I just wanna hear the motocross stuff. With that said, i think keefer's the best in studio. He comes across as a normal dude, with no ego, who can have a good debate on topics without getting weird. I've also found him to be one of the best at putting things into "dummy" terms which I sometimes need. His podcast about suspension was pretty good at breaking things down for an average Joe to understand. I'm probably the 10th guy to say this but I also emailed him when he launched his site and got an immediate reply. I think he found one of the few areas in the sport that isn't already "covered" and is going to have that brand around for a long time.

I'd probably lose interest in the show if they stopped cursing, or even cut down on it. If they're forced to watch their mouth, they're probably holding a bit back of what they actually want to say. I mostly listen to podcasts because I like that sense of feeling like I'm listening in on an actual conversation between guys without them being filtered. Maybe I'm around people that curse too much or curse too much myself because I honestly hardly ever notice it listening to the show, but if they suddenly stopped completely I'd probably notice fast.

Post a reply to: PulpMX Theory

The Latest