PulpMX Theory

Elmer_D424
Has Matthes brought Keefer in as his prodigy? Do you think he might be grooming Keefer to take over the moto media mogul that is Pulp? Steve has joked about "quitting after this year" for a couple years running now, but maybe he looks to hang up the mic sooner than we all thought...

I think Kris is a great addition to Pulp and would probably be pretty awesome at running the whole thing if it did ever go that way!
|
aeffertz
1/10/2018 9:23am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 6:05pm
Every year is Steve's last year. Grinning

Keefer got shit canned from Dirt Rider (EDIT: He quit, he wasn't forced out.) so this is an easy way he can expand and kickstart his own business as well as grow Pulp in general. The only thing I can potentially see changing in the near future is Matthes going to less races/traveling less and maybe having someone do that aspect of it.
1/10/2018 9:31am
I dont hate keefer, but i would stop tuning in if he takes over. He has funny moments but other than that he is kinda annoying, I put 0 weight into his testing and insights. but thats me and im sure alot of people like him.
Tuna
1/10/2018 9:36am
I dont hate keefer, but i would stop tuning in if he takes over. He has funny moments but other than that he is kinda annoying...
I dont hate keefer, but i would stop tuning in if he takes over. He has funny moments but other than that he is kinda annoying, I put 0 weight into his testing and insights. but thats me and im sure alot of people like him.
Lucky for him the community in general and manufacturers put a lot of weight into his testing and opinion. When you test and help develop bikes and parts for companies like Honda, Yamaha and Michelin, that is usually a glaring indication that he knows what he’s talking about.
I love Keefer, great guy. Generous and always giving. We need more Keefer in the community.
bball35
1/10/2018 9:37am
Matthes had near 7 million downloads last year and the PulpMX empire is only getting bigger. Matthes is not stopping anytime soon.

The only thing I see happening is Matthes taking Pookie to more all inclusive Hawaii resorts.

The Shop

NorCal 50+
1/10/2018 9:39am
I have grown into a big Keefer fan. He's got a great attitude and doesn't seem like a "cool guy." I emailed him a question and he wrote me right back. I am not into the After Dark stuff so I just don't listen. He's a great asset to the scene.
Superdave19
1/10/2018 9:42am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I have grown into a big Keefer fan. He's got a great attitude and doesn't seem like a "cool guy." I emailed him a question and...
I have grown into a big Keefer fan. He's got a great attitude and doesn't seem like a "cool guy." I emailed him a question and he wrote me right back. I am not into the After Dark stuff so I just don't listen. He's a great asset to the scene.
This ^^^^
1/10/2018 9:55am
I agree, I think he's a good addition to the show. He has a ton of good information and a laid back style, taking nothing too seriously.

He could drop a few less f-bombs when he's talking. Not that I'm against it, but for such a popular podcast I think their language could be cleaned up a little. I swear like that at home, but when I'm at work I clean up my language, I think they should do the same a bit. It may be friends talking, but it still has a big reach. He's mentioned the same on the show but hasn't really changed anything.
c0ncEpT
1/10/2018 9:55am
I dont hate keefer, but i would stop tuning in if he takes over. He has funny moments but other than that he is kinda annoying...
I agree. I listened to about 20 minutes of his shootout and count take it anymore.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
1/10/2018 9:56am
I love Keefer and have really enjoyed his addition to the Pulp nation! Like said above I too have emailed him a question and he gets back with honest answers. He seems like a genuinely good person! I could deal without "after dark" but certainly am not gonna bitch about it like some seem to. You can just stop the podcast at that point, they give plenty of warning and its always at the end of the show!
bball35
1/10/2018 9:58am
I agree they could clean up the language a bit. I don't mind it but I cannot let my kid listen to it with the language that is constantly thrown around.
flatout111
1/10/2018 10:15am
I like Keefer but Steve IS Pulp. I hope he remains in the sport for years to come.
pmshortt2
1/10/2018 10:21am
Seems a lot of the older folks on here dislike the after dark and the language. Understandable if your in the truck and the kids are with you. I wouldn’t want my kids to hear it either if I had any. But I don’t so honestly I find the after dark stuff hilarious and interesting. I lol too hard at Keefers intro to it. And being someone who curses a lot with my normal vocab, I feel it would take away from the show if they could not curse, when you normally curse all the time, it really distracts you and you have to “try” not to curse. When I’m around family this is always a problem Laughing
St Ann More
1/10/2018 11:07am
I like Keefer, he's rad! Pulp without Matthes will lose it's appeal though.
Mini Elsinore
1/10/2018 11:11am
Until Steve starts referring to 'Matthes' in the third-person----we're good. Wait..... Huh
WhistlingLaughing
billyp330
1/10/2018 11:26am
Personally I love keefer and after dark! They give plenty of warning before they start it so i don't get why people complain about it, but guess they need something to cry about. In regards to the cursing, I really don't think its a problem at all. I have 2 kids, but I mostly listen to the show with headphones and I don't think they really curse that much normally. Even when I do listen to the show through car speakers or w/e I don't worry about it too much. I believe kids should be somewhat exposed to "bad" words because eventually they will hear it anyway and at least when the hear it from me or around me I can inform them that they are "bad" words that only adults can use occasionally. Seems a lot of people just want to shelter their kids from everything and imo all that does is leave them to be naïve and sometimes just plain ignorant.
1/10/2018 11:51am
Keefer will join The pulp nation and become bigger and better. Just wait, they will most likely get a fantasy league that will be the greatest of all time, it will have live timing. No drops, ok just 1 drop, or maybe 2 drops. It will get 3300 people to play, at $35.00 each. That’s only $115,000 dollars.
bball35
1/10/2018 11:53am
Keefer will join The pulp nation and become bigger and better. Just wait, they will most likely get a fantasy league that will be the greatest...
Keefer will join The pulp nation and become bigger and better. Just wait, they will most likely get a fantasy league that will be the greatest of all time, it will have live timing. No drops, ok just 1 drop, or maybe 2 drops. It will get 3300 people to play, at $35.00 each. That’s only $115,000 dollars.
Sarcasm?
pdub187
Fantasy
2532nd
1/10/2018 11:58am
I have no idea. I do like listening to Keefer though and enjoy hearing his input on new bikes/equipment.
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
1/10/2018 12:32pm
Keefer is good value. I’ve thrown him a question or two and he’s always responded which is pretty cool too.
moto0852
1/10/2018 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 12:53pm
Tuna wrote:
Lucky for him the community in general and manufacturers put a lot of weight into his testing and opinion. When you test and help develop bikes...
Lucky for him the community in general and manufacturers put a lot of weight into his testing and opinion. When you test and help develop bikes and parts for companies like Honda, Yamaha and Michelin, that is usually a glaring indication that he knows what he’s talking about.
I love Keefer, great guy. Generous and always giving. We need more Keefer in the community.
Keefer's good people and a heck of a nice guy. He dug himself a hole on his testing ability when he proclaimed the YZ (17) as the best 450 out there and doubled down saying every magazine would say that as well and any one who said otherwise was just plain wrong. I.E. Michael Lindsey

It then came out that NO one else thought it was good and he looked like a non-impartial shill for Yamaha. You'll notice in his shootouts his own opinion carries little weight now.
1/10/2018 1:11pm
Keefer is good but I cant stand it when he says the word heighth for some reason, I know it's petty but heighth is not a word, it's height....No h on the end. I had to turn his suspension podcast off because that non-word was getting to me. Teach him to say height and he would be brilliant.

P.S. even the google chrome spell checker is telling me i'm wrong for typing heighth.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
1/10/2018 3:08pm
I absolutely love Keefers roll on the PulpMX. He’s a great “guest” & addition to Steve, but that’s it. Just like a lot of the great radio/tv host they have a side kick that compeletes the show, but when the side kick try’s to have his own show, it’s just not the same. Keefers podcast by himself I can’t listen to. I tried, but I can’t. He’s awesome w/ Steve, but not by himself, not yet anyway. That’s nothing against him, he’s a newbie at having his own show & im sure it’ll get better in time as he learns how to do it more fluid & loosen up. I do like the after dark segment though. I think it’s hilarious. I do wish he was on the Pulp every week!
mx_563
1/10/2018 3:18pm
If Mathess walks away from Pulp, where does he go? I doubt he has enough stashed away to retire on and I doubt PulpHockey is generating massive revenue. What would he do to pay his mortgage, etc...?

Keefer lost his Dirt Rider gig for devoting too much time to Pulp so maybe Mathess feels a bit responsible for that and wants to help Keefer out. Just a crazy wild-ass thought.

Tuna
1/10/2018 3:27pm
Keefer is good but I cant stand it when he says the word heighth for some reason, I know it's petty but heighth is not a...
Keefer is good but I cant stand it when he says the word heighth for some reason, I know it's petty but heighth is not a word, it's height....No h on the end. I had to turn his suspension podcast off because that non-word was getting to me. Teach him to say height and he would be brilliant.

P.S. even the google chrome spell checker is telling me i'm wrong for typing heighth.
Lol, he makes up all sorts of words that don’t exist. I can’t get fork heitghth out of my head!
Mx286
1/10/2018 4:31pm
I like Keefer and his test seem to be pretty good. What you’ve got to do is read between the lines of what he’s saying when comparing or testing certain products.
Kris Keefer
1/10/2018 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 4:53pm
Hey Guys,

Just want to clear some stuff up. No, Matthes isn't grooming me to take over Pulp. Pulp without Matthes would be crap, I get that. I am just thankful for what I get to do and try to do my best for him and the Pulp Nation.

As far as Dirt Rider shit canning me, I gave my two weeks, but didn't get shit canned. LOL. I left on my own. They wanted me to start doing certain things that I didn't believe in, so I chose to leave. I am bummed to see them going digital only, but the writing was on the wall when I was there as well. Matthes was nice enough to give me a job and so here we are.

Yes, I do say heighth sometimes and it bugs the crap out of me too, so I understand that people are annoyed by it. I even catch myself saying it on my pod and correct myself. Other people have told me this as well, so I try to enunciate my words slower. I think it's because I use the word "width" before "height" and it bites me in the ass! Noted!

I also understand I am not for everyone, I get that. However, I do appreciate the people that do trust in me and hope I can always TRY to steer those listeners/riders in the right direction. I will always do my best. I created Keefer Inc.Testing so I can be myself and also be transparent to consumers out there. It was difficult at times to do at Dirt Rider. I didn't grow up rich and my dad used to buy parts/gear/bikes/etc that he thought was good (based on magazine tests) and it sometimes sucked! I always remembered that.

I will try to chill on the F bombs, but it is who I am, so it will still come out from time to time. You should listen to my wife, she's worse! Smile

Hope this clears some stuff up!

Long live PULP NATION!
akmx17
1/10/2018 4:51pm
Hey Guys, Just want to clear some stuff up. No, Matthes isn't grooming me to take over Pulp. Pulp without Matthes would be crap, I get...
Hey Guys,

Just want to clear some stuff up. No, Matthes isn't grooming me to take over Pulp. Pulp without Matthes would be crap, I get that. I am just thankful for what I get to do and try to do my best for him and the Pulp Nation.

As far as Dirt Rider shit canning me, I gave my two weeks, but didn't get shit canned. LOL. I left on my own. They wanted me to start doing certain things that I didn't believe in, so I chose to leave. I am bummed to see them going digital only, but the writing was on the wall when I was there as well. Matthes was nice enough to give me a job and so here we are.

Yes, I do say heighth sometimes and it bugs the crap out of me too, so I understand that people are annoyed by it. I even catch myself saying it on my pod and correct myself. Other people have told me this as well, so I try to enunciate my words slower. I think it's because I use the word "width" before "height" and it bites me in the ass! Noted!

I also understand I am not for everyone, I get that. However, I do appreciate the people that do trust in me and hope I can always TRY to steer those listeners/riders in the right direction. I will always do my best. I created Keefer Inc.Testing so I can be myself and also be transparent to consumers out there. It was difficult at times to do at Dirt Rider. I didn't grow up rich and my dad used to buy parts/gear/bikes/etc that he thought was good (based on magazine tests) and it sometimes sucked! I always remembered that.

I will try to chill on the F bombs, but it is who I am, so it will still come out from time to time. You should listen to my wife, she's worse! Smile

Long live PULP NATION!
Clearly a cover up, nice try.
kiwifan
1/10/2018 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 4:54pm
Hey Guys, Just want to clear some stuff up. No, Matthes isn't grooming me to take over Pulp. Pulp without Matthes would be crap, I get...
Hey Guys,

Long live PULP NATION!
I am a fan, your shootout on the 2018 450 bikes actually changed my mind on what I was going to buy...it was going to be an RMZ....and I havent looked back, I have since rode an 18 RMZ and although it was a great bike but I am happy with my choice! So thanks for the honest review of them! Very much why I like the Vital shootouts as well.
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
1/10/2018 4:57pm
billyp330 wrote:
Personally I love keefer and after dark! They give plenty of warning before they start it so i don't get why people complain about it, but...
Personally I love keefer and after dark! They give plenty of warning before they start it so i don't get why people complain about it, but guess they need something to cry about. In regards to the cursing, I really don't think its a problem at all. I have 2 kids, but I mostly listen to the show with headphones and I don't think they really curse that much normally. Even when I do listen to the show through car speakers or w/e I don't worry about it too much. I believe kids should be somewhat exposed to "bad" words because eventually they will hear it anyway and at least when the hear it from me or around me I can inform them that they are "bad" words that only adults can use occasionally. Seems a lot of people just want to shelter their kids from everything and imo all that does is leave them to be naïve and sometimes just plain ignorant.
Preach brother. I hate cry baby's that want to ruin our fun because its not appropriate for them. Well turn it off if you don't like it asswipes. I'd like them to extend After Dark! Drag in Pookie as a sounding board for females.

Post a reply to: PulpMX Theory

The Latest