PulpMX Fantasy Flawed?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2018 10:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2018 10:20 PM

Hopefully most of the problems with live timing, scoring and chat experienced tonight will be fixed moving forward.

But are any of y'all able to change your picks after the event has started/finished as has been suggested here?

Photo

|

1/6/2018 10:21 PM

Yeah I'm not impressed so far. Half the features don't work. It's stupid that I can't sign in under 2 different user names in different windows either. So both myself and my son can both keep ours up. Touted to be great but fell short first go around. Surely Marx will get it lined out though.

|

1/6/2018 10:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2018 10:24 PM

They had a disclaimer stating that it was likely to be spotty tonight, which is understandable. I really hope that doesn't include picks not being locked. Surely, those saved changes would be time stamped right?

Edit. I just tested it and yes, I can change a rider still. It would not allow me to save the changes though.

|

1/6/2018 10:27 PM

It's the very first night of it! Give them a break. I've played several of the other fantasy games (ones featured in the Pulp pods) only to find out that friends of mine, that finished QUITE well, were able to change their lineups up to halfway through a moto or into heats. It'll be okay.

|

1/6/2018 10:37 PM

Site was very easy to use and easy to get new players to understand how it works.

|

1/6/2018 10:41 PM

points arent up yet, marx is adjusting his

|

1/6/2018 10:43 PM

Bummed on how the site worked tonight, I was waiting to see my live position feature.

|

1/6/2018 11:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2018 11:18 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Bummed on how the site worked tonight, I was waiting to see my live position feature.

Yeah. I’ve been hyping this up to casual fans and other buddies from leagues in previous years, and I feel like a chump because all the “awesomeness” I was selling them fell on its face.

I really hope the LIVE TIMING isn’t just a copy and paste of the actual timing. It should have the running points and handicaps factored in.

Also, once you make your selections, the all-star tag doesn’t show up. So unless you remember whether Wilson or Seely was an all star, you have to drop one and reselect to figure it out....


Major swing and miss tonight, but I’m sure they’ll get it sorted.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

1/6/2018 11:35 PM

I am sure they will get it sorted.

What sucked more was MotoDynasty.

I paid my $14.99 before looking at how it worked.

Not a fan of the new format or the way things work. Still finished the week 31st

What is worse is the old MXR system I thought was great and the old MotoDynasty was great, but this did not work IMO.

Sorry guys, just my thoughts.

I picked this over Motocross Fantasy which I have played for years, think I made the wrong choice sad

|

1/6/2018 11:40 PM

crusher773 wrote:

Yeah I'm not impressed so far. Half the features don't work. It's stupid that I can't sign in under 2 different user names in different windows either. So both myself and my son can both keep ours up. Touted to be great but fell short first go around. Surely Marx will get it lined out though.

I'm going to assume you are trying this with the same browser for both windows, is that correct? The browser will store your session id so you would not be able to view both you and your son's picks. Next week try using different browsers and you should be fine.

|

1/6/2018 11:58 PM

You gotta give them a bit of slack. Launching something this to the audience they have is nothing short of impressive. So long as the first round picks don't get fucked by late adjustments, I'm fine.

Their servers were probably so loaded. A few times Vital was on the verge tonight and I'd reckon vital has a bit more in place.

|

1/7/2018 12:01 AM

Hopefully the scores come up soon.

|

1/7/2018 12:16 AM

aeffertz wrote:

You gotta give them a bit of slack. Launching something this to the audience they have is nothing short of impressive. So long as the first round picks don't get fucked by late adjustments, I'm fine.

Their servers were probably so loaded. A few times Vital was on the verge tonight and I'd reckon vital has a bit more in place.

I agree with you completely, I am totally fine with tonight as long as people were not able to change their selections after the cut off. I assume Travis would be able to look at the logs and see if this did happen, and hopefully invalidate those peoples changes. I think what they are trying to execute is super ambitious and am really excited to see it develop.

|

1/7/2018 1:07 AM

I think everyone could change their team throught
out the events but it wouldnt let anyone save those chnages. Which basically means the changes at the deadline are locked in

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

1/7/2018 2:35 AM

aeffertz wrote:

You gotta give them a bit of slack. Launching something this to the audience they have is nothing short of impressive. So long as the first round picks don't get fucked by late adjustments, I'm fine.

Their servers were probably so loaded. A few times Vital was on the verge tonight and I'd reckon vital has a bit more in place.

jrrundle wrote:

I agree with you completely, I am totally fine with tonight as long as people were not able to change their selections after the cut off. I assume Travis would be able to look at the logs and see if this did happen, and hopefully invalidate those peoples changes. I think what they are trying to execute is super ambitious and am really excited to see it develop.

FWIW, I tried dropping Kenny for lead lap after the 250 main, pressed save, it "worked"... Refreshed page, he was back there again.

Looks ok to me.

Server issues are predictable, good for them for being more popular than they imagined.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1/7/2018 2:41 AM

How does the live timing work for supercross, is it syncronized with the tv broadcast or ahead of it?

|

1/7/2018 3:22 AM

Anyone else work out their points. I think I got 288... Seemed ok, did better in 450s than 250s.

Anderson (Allstar) and doubles for Barcia, Bagget and Brayton.

AC (Allstar) and doubles for Sexton, Cooper and Taft.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1/7/2018 3:25 AM

I feel like I did really well in 450 but don't know what everyone else did. This is a great site and game pulpmx you rock thanks

I only got 1 rider in 250 what a joke this site sucks and is a terrible game pulpmx sucks get fucked

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

1/7/2018 3:32 AM

enketchum wrote:

I feel like I did really well in 450 but don't know what everyone else did. This is a great site and game pulpmx you rock thanks

I only got 1 rider in 250 what a joke this site sucks and is a terrible game pulpmx sucks get fucked

hahaha

Fantasy games are a bitch. I think they've got some cool angles in it though. Be interesting to see if/when the all-stars change, ie Webb.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1/7/2018 5:12 AM

I changed my riders "legally". they show up like I never did. I also put into the comments yesterday that it should say locked or whatever. I'm positive I changed and hit save. someone was sitting with me and that's when I wrote the comment on pulpmx. this bs about changing riders etc . really? money is involved but what happened to honest people. oh that's right money is involved. throw the 1st round out and get it fixed pulpy crew.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

1/7/2018 6:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 6:13 AM

Wouldn’t load the dashboard for me this morning. I assume Marx has his toobelt on and is hard at it.

|

1/7/2018 6:16 AM

Hope the site gets fixed this morning... logged in but everything is “loading” wife and I spent 70 Bucs on this, would be nice to see some results ? Trying not to bitch. But damnit I’m excited ?

|

1/7/2018 6:30 AM

I gave them money to play. I expect a for money result. Give me back my son!

|

I race for plastic trophies, so get off my back.

1/7/2018 6:54 AM

I just want my team switched to what I actually put in. it still shows like I clicked save and its spinning in web world.
its $35 but i will be leary if im out the 1st week because of this.
spidey senses tingle when d truman laughs about people changing teams and lock out etc,ermm

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

1/7/2018 7:25 AM

crusher773 wrote:

Yeah I'm not impressed so far. Half the features don't work. It's stupid that I can't sign in under 2 different user names in different windows either. So both myself and my son can both keep ours up. Touted to be great but fell short first go around. Surely Marx will get it lined out though.

jrrundle wrote:

I'm going to assume you are trying this with the same browser for both windows, is that correct? The browser will store your session id so you would not be able to view both you and your son's picks. Next week try using different browsers and you should be fine.

Issue there is I only have 1 browser option. I can't download chrome onto a work computer. Stuck with IE.

|

1/7/2018 7:47 AM

crusher773 wrote:

Yeah I'm not impressed so far. Half the features don't work. It's stupid that I can't sign in under 2 different user names in different windows either. So both myself and my son can both keep ours up. Touted to be great but fell short first go around. Surely Marx will get it lined out though.

jrrundle wrote:

I'm going to assume you are trying this with the same browser for both windows, is that correct? The browser will store your session id so you would not be able to view both you and your son's picks. Next week try using different browsers and you should be fine.

crusher773 wrote:

Issue there is I only have 1 browser option. I can't download chrome onto a work computer. Stuck with IE.

This would be a problem with basically any website (eg mail, vitalMX, Amazon, etc). The browser doesn’t know who’s using it....

|

1/7/2018 7:54 AM

I hope they have an update soon, im sure there are some growing pains. The idea is awesome. See what they have to say on the pulpmx show this Monday. A1 was nuts.

|

1/7/2018 8:12 AM

Got mine to work, I picked, Bogel, Millsaps, j.Stewart and M. Stewart. Got zero.


Photo

|

1/7/2018 8:42 AM

smoothies862 wrote:

I just want my team switched to what I actually put in. it still shows like I clicked save and its spinning in web world.
its $35 but i will be leary if im out the 1st week because of this.
spidey senses tingle when d truman laughs about people changing teams and lock out etc,ermm

I think they should not count A1 with all the hiccups we have had...

|

1/7/2018 9:12 AM

Maybe a free shirt and some stickers should be in order .. nothing says “my bad” like some free T-shirts and stickers ?

|