PulpMX Fantasy SX/MX

MOTO120
Edited Date/Time 12/8/2017 5:56am
SO....who's gonna play it AND who's gonna setup a VitalMX league? Giving away 2 KXF dirt scooters if you are unaware of the new happenings....1 to a random player and 1 to the winner....pretty damn cool!
|
12/5/2017 12:14pm
Only heard the first part of last nights show, but have been anxious to hear details on this new PulpMX Fantasy league... How's the format work compared to say RM Fantasy or MotocrossFantasy.com??

PS - If there's a Vital league, I'm in.
Jt$
12/5/2017 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2017 1:24pm
Only heard the first part of last nights show, but have been anxious to hear details on this new PulpMX Fantasy league... How's the format work...
Only heard the first part of last nights show, but have been anxious to hear details on this new PulpMX Fantasy league... How's the format work compared to say RM Fantasy or MotocrossFantasy.com??

PS - If there's a Vital league, I'm in.
It will be a handicap system with 4 picks. 1 of those will be an "all-star" rider that is inside the top 8 in points.

Check out the rules and prizes and all of that stuff at pulpmxfantasy.com
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
12/5/2017 1:00pm
Guess I'll be playing 3 leagues then
pulp, motocrossfantasy and rmfantasy
And it looks like motodynasty is coming up with a new one. It can only get better than last years...
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
12/5/2017 1:04pm
This only makes sense because the guys running the fantasy podcast are really into it and know what they want, so I presume they made their own league.

It looks really good.

The Shop

mx196
Fantasy
4100th
12/5/2017 2:24pm
Jt$ wrote:
It will be a handicap system with 4 picks. 1 of those will be an "all-star" rider that is inside the top 8 in points. Check...
It will be a handicap system with 4 picks. 1 of those will be an "all-star" rider that is inside the top 8 in points.

Pumped for this! So were not picking where we think they'll finish, we are just picking 5 riders and hoping they finish as high as possible? If so I really like that format.
wlauderdale219
Fantasy
2159th
12/5/2017 3:20pm
Jt$ wrote:
It will be a handicap system with 4 picks. 1 of those will be an "all-star" rider that is inside the top 8 in points. Check...

mx196 wrote:
Pumped for this! So were not picking where we think they'll finish, we are just picking 5 riders and hoping they finish as high as possible...
Pumped for this! So were not picking where we think they'll finish, we are just picking 5 riders and hoping they finish as high as possible? If so I really like that format.
No, its handicapped league meaning each rider will have a handicap and you pick your riders who you think will do better then that handicap. Like picking spreads in football
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
12/5/2017 4:00pm
What's the cost to play?
12/5/2017 4:04pm
Just signed up for SX & MX. So is there much else different about the Pulp rules compared to Motocross Fantasy's other than the forced "all star" rider pick?
Jt$
12/6/2017 3:52am
Just signed up for SX & MX. So is there much else different about the Pulp rules compared to Motocross Fantasy's other than the forced "all...
Just signed up for SX & MX. So is there much else different about the Pulp rules compared to Motocross Fantasy's other than the forced "all star" rider pick?
The concept is fairly similar but we have added LIVE real-time fantasy scoring, live race results timing, a live chat during the race, and a news section for info on race day from our Pulp crew.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
12/6/2017 4:18am
Just signed up for SX & MX. So is there much else different about the Pulp rules compared to Motocross Fantasy's other than the forced "all...
Jt$ wrote:
The concept is fairly similar but we have added LIVE real-time fantasy scoring, live race results timing, a live chat during the race, and a news...
The concept is fairly similar but we have added LIVE real-time fantasy scoring, live race results timing, a live chat during the race, and a news section for info on race day from our Pulp crew.
It would be awesome to have some kind of delay in he live timing that one can set if his stream is behind.
I hate having the live timing half a minute ahead of the stream...
slowgti
12/6/2017 5:57am
Just signed up for sx only, it's my first time playing fantasy. I thought I would try sx and see if I liked playing or not.

Pulp crew, are you guys going to have some kind of auto generate feature if you can't get your picks in before the night show?
bball35
12/6/2017 6:11am
Love the look of the site and the rules. I'm trying for my National Pulp number!!
early
Fantasy
2231st
12/6/2017 8:10am
slowgti wrote:
Just signed up for sx only, it's my first time playing fantasy. I thought I would try sx and see if I liked playing or not...
Just signed up for sx only, it's my first time playing fantasy. I thought I would try sx and see if I liked playing or not.

Pulp crew, are you guys going to have some kind of auto generate feature if you can't get your picks in before the night show?
I would like this feature as it seems every season ive gotten screwed by either forgetting to make picks or picks i thought i made not going thru and registering zeros. I also understand you dont want results randomly generated for a person that never actually plays.

3 ways this could be done.

If a person does not make picks by cutoff (5-10 mins before gate drop) then the picks are randomly generated from available riders 3 handicap, 1 allstar.

If a person does not make picks by cutoff (5-10 mins before gate drop) then the picks are generated from the top of most popular picks on the site available to the person that week. This might be too high of a reward for not actually picking riders.

A player could have a "bench" of 8 riders that are chosen from randomly if no picks are generated. You would need 8 riders because a maximum of 4 riders would not be available to pick from the last rounds picks.

Anyway this change may be too complicated for the 2018 season but its something all fantasy leagues should consider imo.
slowgti
12/6/2017 8:33am
slowgti wrote:
Just signed up for sx only, it's my first time playing fantasy. I thought I would try sx and see if I liked playing or not...

early wrote:
I would like this feature as it seems every season ive gotten screwed by either forgetting to make picks or picks i thought i made not...
I would like this feature as it seems every season ive gotten screwed by either forgetting to make picks or picks i thought i made not going thru and registering zeros. I also understand you dont want results randomly generated for a person that never actually plays.

If a person does not make picks by cutoff (5-10 mins before gate drop) then the picks are randomly generated from available riders 3 handicap, 1 allstar.

If a person does not make picks by cutoff (5-10 mins before gate drop) then the picks are generated from the top of most popular picks on the site available to the person that week. This might be too high of a reward for not actually picking riders.

A player could have a "bench" of 8 riders that are chosen from randomly if no picks are generated. You would need 8 riders because a maximum of 4 riders would not be available to pick from the last rounds picks.

Anyway this change may be too complicated for the 2018 season but its something all fantasy leagues should consider imo.
I like the last option the best, it seems pretty complicated to integrate.
ruskymx
12/6/2017 8:47am
early wrote:
I would like this feature as it seems every season ive gotten screwed by either forgetting to make picks or picks i thought i made not...

I've been burned by this in the past as well. It's usually when I am attending a national and cell service sucks monkey balls. I still say keep it the way it is because it's parts of the game. You can always go in and pick a team a few days before the event and tweak it saturday after practice. It's better to have a team picked even though it may not be what you think is the best line up, than having no line up at all.

The bench idea you brought up though is interesting. You could create a list of a few riders and rank them in order that you think is best. If a rider is hurt during practice and is out of the night show or motos, they can be sub'd in the place of the injured rider. I'm not sure how that could be automated since the riders don't get designations like the NFL does, but would be cool.

I'm digging the live scoring! I play most of my fantasy football on Yahoo and for some reason, the broadcast I was watching was 10-20 seconds behind what Yahoo had and I would get scoring notifications on my phone before I saw the plays on TV It can be an issue, but I'm ok with it. This will be a first for MX/SX that I know of because I believe the rest of the leagues, the standings get updated the following day

Good job Pulp Crew! I like the format and think it should be challenging and fun!

Now, where do I donate my money for the Industry Idiots League again? Tongue

12/6/2017 9:03am
Jt$ wrote:
The concept is fairly similar but we have added LIVE real-time fantasy scoring, live race results timing, a live chat during the race, and a news...
Love the live/real time scoring, chat and news stuff. Will make it much more engaging for the fans. Great work by the Pulp crew on this!!
TannerMxer
12/6/2017 10:38am
bball35 wrote:
Love the look of the site and the rules. I'm trying for my National Pulp number!!
Thanks man. Marx and I worked really hard to nail a cohesive brand that was easy to recognize.
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2893rd
12/7/2017 9:56am
Jt$ wrote:
Collusion!!!!

Haha, J/K, good stuff JT. Looking forward to trying out this fantasy site, and hearing more from you guys in the weekly fantasy pods.
12/7/2017 7:32pm
Correct. The top riders will have low (or zero) handicaps, and keep in mind that the top 8 riders in the series aka the "all stars" only count for single points, guys outside the top 8 are double points. So each week you want to scan the handicaps to see how under-rated or over-rated you think each rider's assigned handicap is. For example: Musquin win = 25pts. Justin Brayton (say he's double points eligible) with +5 handicap finishes 8th, which is actually a 3rd, so that's 21pts x 2 = 42pts. So you'll want to pick the riders you think can generate the most points given their assigned handicap
LungButter
12/8/2017 5:56am
Never done any kind of Fantasy league in any sport. I think I'm gonna give this one a shot.

Post a reply to: PulpMX Fantasy SX/MX

The Latest