Pulp show Garrett

bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
In my opinion that was the best call in I have heard. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. This dude is great. Such a build up to a extremely anti climatic finish. Still laughed my ass off and added a nice variety to the usual callers.
Poll

Pulp show Garrett

Choices
|
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
3/19/2019 5:52pm
cameron96 wrote:
The reaction from Steve and Daniel was hilarious
That segment was pure gold
Gus
3/19/2019 6:11pm
I think maybe it wouldn’t have been so bad if I wasn’t thinking about Matthes rant that was coming.... cause I knew it was coming
wolf918
3/19/2019 7:24pm
Am I the only one that wants to hear the rest of the story?

The Shop

Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
3/19/2019 7:28pm
Gus wrote:
I think maybe it wouldn’t have been so bad if I wasn’t thinking about Matthes rant that was coming.... cause I knew it was coming
I missed Mathes rant what was it about ?
Mort443
3/19/2019 7:29pm
Yeah which episode is this I’m far behind.
wolf918
3/19/2019 7:32pm
Mort443 wrote:
#375, forget the exact time but they started taking phone call questions about tires for randy Richardson.
Gus
3/19/2019 7:32pm
Gus wrote:
Tarz483 wrote:
I missed Mathes rant what was it about ?
He didn’t really rant persay but just kept dropping the punch line , which was “wish Randy was here”. Haven’t finished the whole show yet
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
3/19/2019 7:35pm
Mort443 wrote:
It’s episode 375, 2 hours and 42 minutes in!
aeffertz
3/19/2019 8:52pm
That was painful to listen to, oh my god. Grinning

He spent so much time building up to this minuscule passing comment. Steve's reaction was hilarious, the guys "funny story" wasn't funny at all. The entire time he was going on I was like "Come on guy, spit it out!"

The story was literally: "I was changing my tire and my friend said I should call Randy Richardson." Yet filled with so many pointless details and "anyways".
hamncheeze
3/19/2019 8:57pm
You're obviously either Garrett or someone close to him. That was NOT remotely funny or purposeful at all, just a massive waste of time with no real story. I hate when callers just want to tell their stories or fluff themselves. That Skippy guy is horrible for it, but he's at least improved in the past couple of months. If you call in and get on the show, ask your questions and let the hosts/guests do the answering. No one is tuning in to listen to Garrett.

In the old days there were some regulars like Sinjin, T-Homo and Lips who were kind of funny. And we still get the occasional call from Raining Yellow, Gringo, Nash etc. But honestly, the best callers are the ones who aren't trying to make themselves into part of the show.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
3/20/2019 5:55am
hamncheeze wrote:
You're obviously either Garrett or someone close to him. That was NOT remotely funny or purposeful at all, just a massive waste of time with no...
You're obviously either Garrett or someone close to him. That was NOT remotely funny or purposeful at all, just a massive waste of time with no real story. I hate when callers just want to tell their stories or fluff themselves. That Skippy guy is horrible for it, but he's at least improved in the past couple of months. If you call in and get on the show, ask your questions and let the hosts/guests do the answering. No one is tuning in to listen to Garrett.

In the old days there were some regulars like Sinjin, T-Homo and Lips who were kind of funny. And we still get the occasional call from Raining Yellow, Gringo, Nash etc. But honestly, the best callers are the ones who aren't trying to make themselves into part of the show.
Listens to 4+ hour podcast...complains about two minutes of caller questions.

Here’s what you should do. Listen to the recap it’s one hour of pure race talk and that’s it.

I personally don’t listen to a 4+ hour podcast every week to hear boring lathergic commentary. Yes the show has to move along but it’s not like we have anything better to be doing.
Hudd_421
3/20/2019 7:52am
The story was terrible, but Matthes' reaction and berating of the caller was worth it haha
Stuntman949
3/20/2019 9:09am
He's starting a new podcast called GarrettMX. Nothing but tire stories with the same punchline
Hudd_421
3/20/2019 9:33am
He's starting a new podcast called GarrettMX. Nothing but tire stories with the same punchline
Is he apart of the Warren MX media network?
Ted722
3/20/2019 9:45am
Hudd_421 wrote:
The story was terrible, but Matthes' reaction and berating of the caller was worth it haha
Matthes gave him a prize (ProFilter) and Richardson will probably use that drop in his next commercial. Everyone wins!
Stuntman949
3/20/2019 10:48am
Middleside wrote:
Why do you guys hate Peelout? Damn.
I wondered if that was him, but I was under the impression he normally called in as Peelout
Moto man
3/21/2019 3:55pm
Middleside wrote:
Why do you guys hate Peelout? Damn.
I wondered if that was him, but I was under the impression he normally called in as Peelout
If that was Peely then wow. Dude is a dumbass
Middleside
3/21/2019 3:57pm
I dunno. I heard all of them and never remember Peely calling in. But I don't pay that much attention though either.
Stuntman949
3/21/2019 4:15pm
Middleside wrote:
I dunno. I heard all of them and never remember Peely calling in. But I don't pay that much attention though either.
You should call Randy Richardson
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
3/21/2019 4:16pm
pulp needs a gong. name it the fmf or pro circuit gong or something. you hear a bike start when they are getting close. then if they keep dragging on.. braaaaapp!!! drowning them out. im a marketing pro. steve. just a t shirt will be fair for my idea. thank you in advance.
Badd127
Fantasy
2111th
3/21/2019 4:31pm
I found the part where Blair was getting people to call in to guess what they did different during the SX broadcast a lot more painful to listen to than garret's story.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
3/21/2019 4:40pm
Finally got to listen to the show. This thread made that call even more funny. I definitely LOLd ??
3/21/2019 4:50pm
pulp needs a gong. name it the fmf or pro circuit gong or something. you hear a bike start when they are getting close. then if...
pulp needs a gong. name it the fmf or pro circuit gong or something. you hear a bike start when they are getting close. then if they keep dragging on.. braaaaapp!!! drowning them out. im a marketing pro. steve. just a t shirt will be fair for my idea. thank you in advance.
Look up hey hey it’s Saturday red faces perfect gong execution
https://youtu.be/BBiRZmyeoeA
MJC
3/21/2019 7:14pm
hamncheeze wrote:
You're obviously either Garrett or someone close to him. That was NOT remotely funny or purposeful at all, just a massive waste of time with no...

Fark me.
I could rant all day long about Skippy, Nash, Darkside, Walker etc etc.
I hope some of these fuckers read vital. STOP calling in with your pointless drivel/look at me/wanting to give guests wristys and all that. It fucking kills me listening to their shit.
Racetech rant over
daemon616
3/21/2019 10:13pm
hamncheeze wrote:

MJC wrote:
Fark me. I could rant all day long about Skippy, Nash, Darkside, Walker etc etc. I hope some of these fuckers read vital. STOP calling in...
Fark me.
I hope some of these fuckers read vital. STOP calling in with your pointless drivel/look at me/wanting to give guests wristys and all that. It fucking kills me listening to their shit.
Racetech rant over
Truth. Everyone knows I had the best call ins. Move over amateurs.
Nikk487
3/22/2019 10:54am
MJC wrote:
Fark me. I could rant all day long about Skippy, Nash, Darkside, Walker etc etc. I hope some of these fuckers read vital. STOP calling in...
Fark me.
Racetech rant over
100%
hamncheeze
3/22/2019 11:26am
hamncheeze wrote:

bigk218 wrote:
Listens to 4+ hour podcast...complains about two minutes of caller questions. Here’s what you should do. Listen to the recap it’s one hour of pure race...
Listens to 4+ hour podcast...complains about two minutes of caller questions.

Here’s what you should do. Listen to the recap it’s one hour of pure race talk and that’s it.

I personally don’t listen to a 4+ hour podcast every week to hear boring lathergic commentary. Yes the show has to move along but it’s not like we have anything better to be doing.
Well I listen to both, and I like the Pulp Show because this is where we really get to see the personalities of Steve, JT and the co-hosts and guests. But I really dislike the guys who call in and try to make the show about them. As I said, there are a few that are tolerable, but that's mostly because Steve has given them the leeway and respect to develop a bit. Guys like Raining Yellow, Nash, Gringo etc, etc. But then we get Skippy who is just trying super hard to be a regular. And Darkside, a good dude who's heart is in the right place but also tries too hard to be a regular. And that Walker guy, honestly bro go find a GNCC podcast....every rider it's the same thing....."Are you gonna ride some off-road when you're done with moto??".

But yeah, definitely first-world problems here I know. Anyway, I hope Garrett is clipped for the future. And I agree, there should be some kind of audible override when a caller is just going on and on. Make it a sound-drop of a YZ85 pinned for 10 seconds. If you get the 2-stroke scream you're done!!

Post a reply to: Pulp show Garrett

The Latest