Pulp mx 8/31

wydopen
9/1/2021 11:44am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2021 1:31pm
bh84 wrote:
As a Canadian I can tell you whoever is President has no bearing on my vaccine opinions, but in my research I found a few interesting...
As a Canadian I can tell you whoever is President has no bearing on my vaccine opinions, but in my research I found a few interesting notes.

1. Vaccine mandates helped the US win the revolutionary war, some guy named George Washington thought it was a good idea for his soldiers to be vaccinated against smallpox
2. Thomas Jefferson was the first president to enact a vaccine mandate to the public.
3. James Madison, the guy who wrote the US constitution, also founded the US Vaccine agency
4. The Supreme Court ruled in 1905 that vaccine mandates are legal and just. One citizen does not have the right to put others at risk. Jacobson v. Massachussetts if you want to do more reading on it.
5. The original anti-vaxxer was Benjamin Franklin, but he changed his tune after his unvaccinated son died of smallpox.
Let me guess..you use google for your “research” the company that is heavily invested in the pharmaceutical industry who now have a monopoly on information that the casual observer takes to heart?

Should probably take your own advice and do some more reading on Jacobson v Massachusetts. He wasn’t forcibly inoculated he was required to pay a 5$ fine. Also it was the same Supreme Court who upheld forced sterilization for the “weak minded”.

The big issue here people arnt grasping which relegates all your other points as irrelevant is this isn’t a “vaccine” by the very definition (until they literally changed the definition in many dictionaries last year, like they also did with “pandemic” removing the part about causing widespread death) because it does not confer immunity ie: prevent infection or transmission. Polio vaccines prevented you from spreading the virus so there was at least the argument that choosing not to take it could affect others. The only argument any company has for coercing you to take an experimental gene therapy (clinical trials are still ongoing) is if you were on company insurance and over 70 with multiple comorbidities and were at risk of dying from contracting Covid and your employer was going to be stuck with the bill. Otherwise you probably have a greater chance of dying in a car crash on the way to get the shots then you do of contracting Covid and dying..GL not being “vaccinated” made no difference in whether or not he could infect his coworkers. If anything it would make it worse, as if it works as claimed it might reduce his symptoms so maybe he doesn’t know he has it and goes to work when he normally wouldn’t. It’s just companies flexing their corporate muscles to virtue signal. It’s a war on common sense and I would have done the same.

Not to mention the vaccines are driving the variants..you could even read about that in mainstream news last year. Just look at Merick’s disease in poultry..funny how half the show they are talking about how everyone is sick now…wonder why. Btw the two top vaccine regulators at the FDA just resigned..might want to read why instead of the nightly news whitewash

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/965703047/vaccines-could-drive-the-evolu…

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/leaky-vaccines-enhan…
SCC
9/1/2021 11:47am
levimx22 wrote:
disclaimer: im not anti vax, i have 100% been vaccinated in the past, but i dont think anyone should be forced to take it. it should...
disclaimer: im not anti vax, i have 100% been vaccinated in the past, but i dont think anyone should be forced to take it. it should be up to the person, and if they want it great, if not great. it should be their choice. employers shouldnt be threatening termination if you dont take it. ive seen so many people quit their jobs (mostly nurses that have worked through the pandemic unvaccinated from the very beginning) due to their employer trying to push it on them. it takes upwards of 10-15 years to develop a vaccine. most of the covid vaccines they are pushing have only been approved for emergency use. meaning they are not fda approved, but the fda approves of using unapproved medical products (i.e. the vaccine) to treat diseases.
GrapeApe wrote:
What does any of that have to do with Langston's situation?
levimx22 wrote:
he doesnt want to be forced to take the vaccine.
He didn’t have to. He had to take 1 weekend off and come back negative. That’s what’s lost on you.
gti
9/1/2021 12:17pm
hasko158 wrote:
GL is taking the opportunity to be praised by the rest of the antivaxxer moto community. He was over it and was likely done at the...
GL is taking the opportunity to be praised by the rest of the antivaxxer moto community. He was over it and was likely done at the end of the year, but now he gets to go out with everyone praising him for "sticking it to them". All of corporate America which is what NBC is a part of, has these same restrictions. GL is not going to change them nor will a million GLs.
AH387 wrote:
GL said that he was not anti-vax. He said that he is still open to getting it in the future, just doesn't feel comfortable taking it...
GL said that he was not anti-vax. He said that he is still open to getting it in the future, just doesn't feel comfortable taking it in these early stages. Plus, he already had COVID. Also that he was not around the other TV people who tested positive and he produced a negative test. I think what he is saying is perfectly logical.

And like someone else mentioned, when Trump was pushing it, you heard so many people claiming they would never get it. Now that the office has switched, those same people make it their identity. GL went out of his way to not say it was politically driven, but somehow it always still becomes that, at the root of it. I don't think he was using this for an opportunity to push an agenda as much as he just didn't agree with the policy, which I respect. I'm vaccinated and to me it makes sense. I am on the fence a bit about forcing people to take it.
Trump never pushed getting vaccinated, in fact he started the whole ivermectin and doubting scientists that spend every day working with vaccination data. But alas it has all surpassed him now ,as he was booed at his last "rally" for suggesting that hat everyone should be vaccinated. I think at this point it's better for the government to say not to get vaccinated as I think people would then run to get the jab!lol

The Shop

hasko158
9/1/2021 1:58pm
hasko158 wrote:
GL is taking the opportunity to be praised by the rest of the antivaxxer moto community. He was over it and was likely done at the...
GL is taking the opportunity to be praised by the rest of the antivaxxer moto community. He was over it and was likely done at the end of the year, but now he gets to go out with everyone praising him for "sticking it to them". All of corporate America which is what NBC is a part of, has these same restrictions. GL is not going to change them nor will a million GLs.
mxracer828 wrote:
What is funny is the people that have been vaccinated are the only people that have a problem. Myself am not vaccinated because how do you...
What is funny is the people that have been vaccinated are the only people that have a problem. Myself am not vaccinated because how do you fda approve a vaccine in less the a year and hasent even started it’s 3rd clinical trail yet? When trump was president everyone said he’ll no we won’t take it,it’s all bullshit and now look at all the democrates,praising this president and trying to push it on American citizens and force it
On them when it dosent even work. Like grant said take it or don’t it should be a individual choice, look at Austria/look at these foreign countries and what’s going on,look at how slowly everything is coming to the United states, they want our guns,our rights and freedom. It’s a scary time in this world right now and people are starting to stand up for what they believe in.
Trump got the vaccine, he just didn't want to say people should because thats not his base. I completely disagree, I see posts daily by the moto community alone, former pro's and current saying people who get the vaccine are "sheep" and "idiots" and other things. So don't say that people who got it are the "only" people with a problem.
gym_jackets
9/1/2021 2:13pm
mxracer828 wrote:
My wife is in this exact postion. Icu nurse that is being told to be vaccinated or loose your job. Nice to know that the people...
My wife is in this exact postion. Icu nurse that is being told to be vaccinated or loose your job. Nice to know that the people that own these hospitals didn’t give a shit about the healthcare workers a year ago still don’t. So she filled out a religious exemption and we shall see how this goes. Big money to be made in big pharma
I am curious, I've seen people say they will be trying to use the religious exemption thing before. What religion does your wife follow that prevents her from being vaccinated? I've tried looking up which religions explicitly denounce vaccinations and can't find much information, but I honestly am not well informed on that topic.
wydopen
9/1/2021 2:18pm
I am curious, I've seen people say they will be trying to use the religious exemption thing before. What religion does your wife follow that prevents...
I am curious, I've seen people say they will be trying to use the religious exemption thing before. What religion does your wife follow that prevents her from being vaccinated? I've tried looking up which religions explicitly denounce vaccinations and can't find much information, but I honestly am not well informed on that topic.
Aborted fetal cells were used in the development..
SCC
9/1/2021 2:20pm
Stop talking about the vaccine, COVID, republican vs Democrat. This is a moto forum. Non of that fucking matters here.
gym_jackets
9/1/2021 2:25pm
I am curious, I've seen people say they will be trying to use the religious exemption thing before. What religion does your wife follow that prevents...
wydopen wrote:
Ah, okay, thank you for the input, I did not know that was the sticking point for some of the religious exemptions. While I land on the side of that not being a big deal, I 100% understand if that is someone's viewpoint and reasoning for avoiding the vaccine, if that is a very big deal for them. Thank you.
Timo
9/1/2021 2:26pm
wydopen wrote:
FACT: The first two COVID-19 vaccines to be authorized by the FDA contain mRNA and other, normal vaccine ingredients, such as fats (which protect the mRNA), salts, as well as a small amount of sugar. These COVID-19 vaccines were not developed using fetal tissue, and they do not contain any material, such as implants, microchips or tracking devices.
gym_jackets
9/1/2021 2:31pm
wydopen wrote:
Timo wrote:
FACT: The first two COVID-19 vaccines to be authorized by the FDA contain mRNA and other, normal vaccine ingredients, such as fats (which protect the mRNA)...
FACT: The first two COVID-19 vaccines to be authorized by the FDA contain mRNA and other, normal vaccine ingredients, such as fats (which protect the mRNA), salts, as well as a small amount of sugar. These COVID-19 vaccines were not developed using fetal tissue, and they do not contain any material, such as implants, microchips or tracking devices.
This is also true.
FROM: :http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/docs/vaccine/Vaccine…

"The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were found to be ethically uncontroversial by the pro-life policy
organization the Charlotte Lozier Institute. Further, the Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities, a committee
within the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has stated: “neither Pfizer nor Moderna used an
abortion-derived cell line in the development or production of the vaccine. However, such a cell line was
used to test the efficacy of both vaccines. Thus, while neither vaccine is completely free from any use of
abortion-derived cell lines, in these two cases the use is very remote from the initial evil of the
abortion…one may receive any of the clinically recommended vaccines in good conscience with the
assurance that reception of such vaccines does not involve immoral cooperation in abortion.” "

wydopen
9/1/2021 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2021 2:38pm
Timo wrote:
FACT: The first two COVID-19 vaccines to be authorized by the FDA contain mRNA and other, normal vaccine ingredients, such as fats (which protect the mRNA)...
He was asking about vaccines in general

Is that from the CDC's meme for low information patients? The full list of ingredients are not disclosed and that's only for two of the three...
"Fats"= Lipid nanoparticles
They might need to update the part about not making you magnetic after Japan just destroyed several millions doses of Moderna for "contamination" with metallic particles..
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
9/1/2021 4:39pm
mxguy741 wrote:
Man how cringe was the episode last night when Steve and Daniel Blair discussed the GL situation. I enjoyed Blair’s take on it but Steve sounded...
Man how cringe was the episode last night when Steve and Daniel Blair discussed the GL situation. I enjoyed Blair’s take on it but Steve sounded like a idiot. I haven’t missed a pulp show in 5 years, my dad and I BS about the show all week and think it’s great. But after listening to Steve compare the GL situation to someone walking in a 7/11 with no shirt was disgusting.

Anyone else feel the same?
“Like a idiot”…

Classic
8tensolutions
9/1/2021 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2021 9:53pm
kb228 wrote:
Its not just about being anti vax. The entire problem is employers forcing employees to take a medication. Never in my life have i heard of...
Its not just about being anti vax. The entire problem is employers forcing employees to take a medication. Never in my life have i heard of an employer forcing anyone to do anything related to their health aside from a physical exam or drug test.

The other problem is the vaccine was rushed and its only 66% effective against delta variant. It doesnt prevent you from getting or spreading covid.

If this was a serious disease like polio i could understand. But its a severe cold with a 99.99% survival rate.
Did your employer require you to have a polio vax? Nope. NBC didn't require GL to have the Covid Vax either, just asked him to isolate for one week to protect him and others. Why is this so hard to comprehend??
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
9/1/2021 6:29pm
wydopen wrote:
Timo wrote:
What about magnets or 5G??
mxguy741
9/1/2021 7:59pm
Man didn’t think this thread would take off like this…I don’t disagree with NBC policies. They are free to do what they want and we’re not requiring him to get the jab. I just hated Matthes closed minded approach on this subject. He sounded idiotic. Same thing with the josh hill deal he got to later. Might need to take break from him and show.

Any other good podcast out there?
9/1/2021 8:02pm
How is no one talking about the real story here? Mathes had that Gypsy Tales dude on the show too the other night. Cmon
tobz
9/1/2021 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2021 8:17pm
mxracer828 wrote:
What is funny is the people that have been vaccinated are the only people that have a problem. Myself am not vaccinated because how do you...
What is funny is the people that have been vaccinated are the only people that have a problem. Myself am not vaccinated because how do you fda approve a vaccine in less the a year and hasent even started it’s 3rd clinical trail yet? When trump was president everyone said he’ll no we won’t take it,it’s all bullshit and now look at all the democrates,praising this president and trying to push it on American citizens and force it
On them when it dosent even work. Like grant said take it or don’t it should be a individual choice, look at Austria/look at these foreign countries and what’s going on,look at how slowly everything is coming to the United states, they want our guns,our rights and freedom. It’s a scary time in this world right now and people are starting to stand up for what they believe in.
Is that what your take? The vaccine came too quick? Have you researched it at all or have you just made up your own medical opinion that “it’s came out too quick I can’t trust it”

Quick research will show you that the funding and ability to find trial participants is unrivalled.
9/1/2021 8:34pm
How is no one talking about the real story here? Mathes had that Gypsy Tales dude on the show too the other night. Cmon
That's what I first clicked on this thread for, it was cool to hear them talk out their differences, I enjoy both their pods.
tobz
9/1/2021 8:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2021 10:34pm
kb228 wrote:
Its not just about being anti vax. The entire problem is employers forcing employees to take a medication. Never in my life have i heard of...
Its not just about being anti vax. The entire problem is employers forcing employees to take a medication. Never in my life have i heard of an employer forcing anyone to do anything related to their health aside from a physical exam or drug test.

The other problem is the vaccine was rushed and its only 66% effective against delta variant. It doesnt prevent you from getting or spreading covid.

If this was a serious disease like polio i could understand. But its a severe cold with a 99.99% survival rate.
A severe cold? Have you put your 99% statistic to the world population? (Btw the death rate is closer to 2%)

Here’s a rough idea.

If a million people get Covid in a year, 20 thousand people die.
If a million people drive a car for a year, 40 people die.
If a million people get the vaccine in a year, 1 will die.

You drive a car? You Don’t need to worry about a friggin jab.

This doesn’t even take into account the amount of pressure the health system will be under. Sydney, Australia’s health system is already under pressure and we’re handling Covid pretty timidly.

felpro
9/1/2021 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2021 8:50pm
I was pleasantly surprised with the discussion between Daniel, Steve and Jason. I was surprised with how forthright Jason was re Steve's Josh Hill comment. Steve's pushed back but did so with as much class as you hope for. I knew DB would be onside and perhaps, behind the scenes, was the reason for the call to happen.

That episode of PulpMX was the first I listened to, live, for years. I had tuned in a few times a month or two ago, only to hear some extremely-irritating, high-pitched arguing by some guy calling in who was clearly a regular. I did not hang around too much to find out. Just too hard to listen to. Don't need it.

The 31 August episode stood out and is a credit to all involved. Thank you.

Now, we just gotta get Vital away from discussions and shit talk re peoples medical status . . .

(I started the topic "No Politics. No religion. How about no vaccination discussion?" I IMAGINED it could turn into a you-know-what shit show. I did not think it would however. Stoopid me !!!! It lasted about 6 hours before it was deleted).

Vital MX can and should do better.

(Am I being stoopid again??)
9/1/2021 8:55pm
I want to see GL back on Pulp show like the good old days, let them argue this issue out together, I am sure Steve would back pedal and both would get valid points across. I have no problem with the take from either guy.

Get the Red Bull Vodkas ready for GL too, they have to make up..
Overcusser
9/1/2021 9:04pm
I'd just like to point out that the science community has been working on mRNA vaccines since the mid 1990's, and specifically Covid vaccines since the SARS outbreak in the early 2000's. There seems to be a misconception from vax-shy people that this was concocted after covid hit and has only been in development for like a year. That's not true. And yes, Moderna hasn't had a single product approved by the FDA in the decade they've been in business, but they were literally created to study mRNA vaccines.
loftyair
9/1/2021 10:06pm
Overcusser wrote:
I'd just like to point out that the science community has been working on mRNA vaccines since the mid 1990's, and specifically Covid vaccines since the...
I'd just like to point out that the science community has been working on mRNA vaccines since the mid 1990's, and specifically Covid vaccines since the SARS outbreak in the early 2000's. There seems to be a misconception from vax-shy people that this was concocted after covid hit and has only been in development for like a year. That's not true. And yes, Moderna hasn't had a single product approved by the FDA in the decade they've been in business, but they were literally created to study mRNA vaccines.
Hmm, sounds like it was a 'plan'.😷
Overcusser
9/1/2021 10:27pm
loftyair wrote:
Hmm, sounds like it was a 'plan'.😷
Is cancer a plan? Parkinson's? Every other rare disease? That's the ultimate goal of mRNA, not covid.
mxguy741
9/2/2021 7:02am
kb228 wrote:

tobz wrote:
A severe cold? Have you put your 99% statistic to the world population? (Btw the death rate is closer to 2%) Here’s a rough idea. If...
A severe cold? Have you put your 99% statistic to the world population? (Btw the death rate is closer to 2%)

Here’s a rough idea.

If a million people get Covid in a year, 20 thousand people die.
If a million people drive a car for a year, 40 people die.
If a million people get the vaccine in a year, 1 will die.

You drive a car? You Don’t need to worry about a friggin jab.

This doesn’t even take into account the amount of pressure the health system will be under. Sydney, Australia’s health system is already under pressure and we’re handling Covid pretty timidly.

This is the worst take I have heard and your data sucks.. 2 Percent huh? How does your “2” figure all the people that have had it in the last year with mild symthoms that never got tested?
Crossup
9/2/2021 7:39am
731chopper wrote:
Does anyone honestly think this won’t turn into yet another toxic cesspool thread? I guess I’ll throw my toxicity in. I’m vaccinated and totally fine with...
Does anyone honestly think this won’t turn into yet another toxic cesspool thread?

I guess I’ll throw my toxicity in. I’m vaccinated and totally fine with the decision I made but I believe it is disgusting that so many people support discrimination against those who don’t want it in their body for whatever reason they have.

Steve is very closed minded and doesn’t recognize that “logic” is subjective. He has a good heart so I don’t say that in a damning way but his reaction to this is exactly what I expected.
I agree with everything that you wrote!
9/2/2021 7:54am
Does anyone have a timestamp of the alleged J-Law phone call from the previous weeks show?
levimx22
Fantasy
2202nd
9/2/2021 8:19am
Does anyone have a timestamp of the alleged J-Law phone call from the previous weeks show?
around 4hr 22min
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
9/2/2021 11:40am
You're not missing anything I'll tell you that. I come here to hear from serious race fans and guys who actually ride. Also just to get...
You're not missing anything I'll tell you that. I come here to hear from serious race fans and guys who actually ride. Also just to get away from the insanity/idiocy. Instagram is great for vids though and a lot of moto news drops there first funny enough.
Hate to say this but you are coming to the wrong place then. The attitude on here is miles away from what I see at the track.

Post a reply to: Pulp mx 8/31

The Latest