Pulp mx 8/31

Related:
Create New Tag

9/1/2021 5:26 AM

Man how cringe was the episode last night when Steve and Daniel Blair discussed the GL situation. I enjoyed Blair’s take on it but Steve sounded like a idiot. I haven’t missed a pulp show in 5 years, my dad and I BS about the show all week and think it’s great. But after listening to Steve compare the GL situation to someone walking in a 7/11 with no shirt was disgusting.

Anyone else feel the same?

|

9/1/2021 5:46 AM

Honestly thought his take was fine. GL isn’t a hero for doing what he did and NBC’s guidelines were fine as well.

|

9/1/2021 5:51 AM

soggy wrote:

Honestly thought his take was fine. GL isn’t a hero for doing what he did and NBC’s guidelines were fine as well.

Agreed.

GL was gonna quit after this year anyway. This was his opportunity to give himself some extra attention on the way out….

I always thought he did a good job but not “earth shatteringly” better than anyone else, we’ll be just fine without him.

|

9/1/2021 6:25 AM

GL is taking the opportunity to be praised by the rest of the antivaxxer moto community. He was over it and was likely done at the end of the year, but now he gets to go out with everyone praising him for "sticking it to them". All of corporate America which is what NBC is a part of, has these same restrictions. GL is not going to change them nor will a million GLs.

|

9/1/2021 6:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2021 2:31 PM

I just listened to it, I support GL's decision, I support NBC's policy (which is identical to my employers policy),
the racing will go on.
I don't support Fro getting hate though, that's BS.

|

9/1/2021 6:40 AM

dnf736 wrote:

I just listened to it, I support GL's decision, I support NBC's policy (which is identical to my employers policy),
the ...more

Ya I had a guy on FB tell me Fro was a sellout. Yes I know I shouldn't expect intelligence on FB but c'mon. I didn't have a problem with what Steve said. Both sides of this are so extreme, it's either Grant is a hero or he's an idiot.

|

9/1/2021 6:44 AM

soggy wrote:

LungButter wrote:

Agreed.

GL was gonna quit after this year anyway. This was his opportunity to give himself some extra attention on the way ...more

And gl said this? I think it went in the lines of he found out he was being replaced as he was heading to the airport and he said I quit? I don’t think he said he was leaving at the end of the year,that was guy b spreading that. If I missed it I apologize.

|

9/1/2021 6:52 AM

hasko158 wrote:

GL is taking the opportunity to be praised by the rest of the antivaxxer moto community. He was over it and was likely done at ...more

What is funny is the people that have been vaccinated are the only people that have a problem. Myself am not vaccinated because how do you fda approve a vaccine in less the a year and hasent even started it’s 3rd clinical trail yet? When trump was president everyone said he’ll no we won’t take it,it’s all bullshit and now look at all the democrates,praising this president and trying to push it on American citizens and force it
On them when it dosent even work. Like grant said take it or don’t it should be a individual choice, look at Austria/look at these foreign countries and what’s going on,look at how slowly everything is coming to the United states, they want our guns,our rights and freedom. It’s a scary time in this world right now and people are starting to stand up for what they believe in.

|

9/1/2021 7:11 AM

Its not just about being anti vax. The entire problem is employers forcing employees to take a medication. Never in my life have i heard of an employer forcing anyone to do anything related to their health aside from a physical exam or drug test.

The other problem is the vaccine was rushed and its only 66% effective against delta variant. It doesnt prevent you from getting or spreading covid.

If this was a serious disease like polio i could understand. But its a severe cold with a 99.99% survival rate.

|

9/1/2021 7:16 AM

If you guys keep talking vax and covid (either side) the thread will be nuked like all the others...

|

9/1/2021 7:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2021 8:01 AM

hasko158 wrote:

GL is taking the opportunity to be praised by the rest of the antivaxxer moto community. He was over it and was likely done at ...more

mxracer828 wrote:

What is funny is the people that have been vaccinated are the only people that have a problem. Myself am not vaccinated ...more

As a Canadian I can tell you whoever is President has no bearing on my vaccine opinions, but in my research I found a few interesting notes.

1. Vaccine mandates helped the US win the revolutionary war, some guy named George Washington thought it was a good idea for his soldiers to be vaccinated against smallpox
2. Thomas Jefferson was the first president to enact a vaccine mandate to the public.
3. James Madison, the guy who wrote the US constitution, also founded the US Vaccine agency
4. The Supreme Court ruled in 1905 that vaccine mandates are legal and just. One citizen does not have the right to put others at risk. Jacobson v. Massachussetts if you want to do more reading on it.
5. The original anti-vaxxer was Benjamin Franklin, but he changed his tune after his unvaccinated son died of smallpox.

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2003 KTM 125SX
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

9/1/2021 7:20 AM

kb228 wrote:

Its not just about being anti vax. The entire problem is employers forcing employees to take a medication. Never in my life ...more

What does any of that have to do with Langston's situation?

|

9/1/2021 7:23 AM

mxguy741 wrote:

Man how cringe was the episode last night when Steve and Daniel Blair discussed the GL situation. I enjoyed Blair’s take on it ...more

I found a really simple solution. Stop listening to him. It's okay for people to have differing opinions.

|

9/1/2021 7:34 AM

His comparison of walking into a store without a shirt on was really stupid. And I didn’t understand his Purple Heart comment. I haven’t seen anyone calling GL a hero. I see people saying they agree or disagree with GL, but saying he deserves a Purple Heart? Come on. Maybe there was one or two idiots somewhere saying that but with literally any topic there’s gonna be a few people blowing things out of proportion.

I do agree with him about everything else though. Grant has an opinion on the topic which is totally fine. NBC has a policy they’re going to implement which is fine too. At the end of the day, whether you’re pro or anti covid vax, there’s going to be major push back on forcing people to get it. i know a lot of people who are vaccinated and a lot who are not. I respect both their wishes. But one thing everyone I know agrees on is you shouldn’t be forced to get vaccinated.

|

9/1/2021 7:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2021 7:38 AM

kb228 wrote:

Its not just about being anti vax. The entire problem is employers forcing employees to take a medication. Never in my life ...more

Never in your life has there been a global pandemic

|

9/1/2021 7:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2021 7:37 AM

(Joker voice)
And...here....we...go....

|

9/1/2021 7:47 AM

kb228 wrote:

jambalaya wrote:

A global pandemic with a 98.7 survival rate? Has anyone tried the eagle grit bike wash?🦅

|

9/1/2021 7:53 AM

kb228 wrote:

jambalaya wrote:

mxracer828 wrote:

A global pandemic with a 98.7 survival rate? Has anyone tried the eagle grit bike wash?

5 million people are dead from it.

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2003 KTM 125SX
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

9/1/2021 7:56 AM

The 7-11 comparison is to say, "what are the limits that a private corporation can ask of its customers and employees".

A private company can ask you to wear a shirt and shoes, why not a mask when you enter the door. A private company can refuse to bake you a wedding cake if you are gay, why not for other reasons that are your "personal choices".

A private company can make you take a drug test, why? What business is it of theirs what you do when you aren't at work? Most private companies can also fire you for no reason. A 40 hour work-week is standard for most hourly employees but salary/contract employees routinely work more hours without additional compensation. Why place limits on what a private company can ask of its workers now?

|

9/1/2021 8:07 AM

hasko158 wrote:

GL said that he was not anti-vax. He said that he is still open to getting it in the future, just doesn't feel comfortable taking it in these early stages. Plus, he already had COVID. Also that he was not around the other TV people who tested positive and he produced a negative test. I think what he is saying is perfectly logical.

And like someone else mentioned, when Trump was pushing it, you heard so many people claiming they would never get it. Now that the office has switched, those same people make it their identity. GL went out of his way to not say it was politically driven, but somehow it always still becomes that, at the root of it. I don't think he was using this for an opportunity to push an agenda as much as he just didn't agree with the policy, which I respect. I'm vaccinated and to me it makes sense. I am on the fence a bit about forcing people to take it.

|

9/1/2021 8:30 AM

My company has the exact same policy as NBC's. It does sound like they could have done a better job communicating to GL which sucks but otherwise they are following CDC guidelines. The fact that the CDC has handled this whole thing poorly doesn't help anything that is for sure and it makes the guidelines lose credibility.

It amazes me how many people can't separate Grant's issue from the mandatory vaccination discussion. Two completely separate issues. It's like some people are mentally incapable of separating the two discussions.

|

9/1/2021 8:39 AM

early wrote:

The 7-11 comparison is to say, "what are the limits that a private corporation can ask of its customers and employees".

A ...more

There so much facepalm in this post.

|

9/1/2021 8:43 AM

agn5008 wrote:

There so much facepalm in this post.

I'm just pointing out things that are legal and accepted by American society vs things that are being debated.

|

9/1/2021 8:45 AM

anybody happen to have time stamps for that conversation so I can avoid listening to that portion?

|

9/1/2021 8:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2021 8:48 AM

agn5008 wrote:

His comparison of walking into a store without a shirt on was really stupid. And I didn’t understand his Purple Heart comment. ...more

You must not be on social media. All I see is a tidal wave of fans saying GL is a hero

|

9/1/2021 8:55 AM

early wrote:

A ...more

So wearing a mask, baking a cake, and drug testing is the same as injecting unknown substances in your body? let me know the last one who died from drug testing and get back to me?

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

9/1/2021 8:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2021 9:01 AM

Does anyone honestly think this won’t turn into yet another toxic cesspool thread?

I guess I’ll throw my toxicity in. I’m vaccinated and totally fine with the decision I made but I believe it is disgusting that so many people support discrimination against those who don’t want it in their body for whatever reason they have.

Steve is very closed minded and doesn’t recognize that “logic” is subjective. He has a good heart so I don’t say that in a damning way but his reaction to this is exactly what I expected.

|

9/1/2021 8:58 AM

agn5008 wrote:

His comparison of walking into a store without a shirt on was really stupid. And I didn’t understand his Purple Heart comment. ...more

Chris_Buehler wrote:

You must not be on social media. All I see is a tidal wave of fans saying GL is a hero

I’m not. But again, there are dumb people out there. It doesn’t mean that’s how most feel. I feel like most of us just wanna be left alone and left to live our lives.

|

9/1/2021 8:58 AM

AH387 wrote:

GL said that he was not anti-vax. He said that he is still open to getting it in the future, just doesn't feel comfortable ...more

disclaimer: im not anti vax, i have 100% been vaccinated in the past, but i dont think anyone should be forced to take it. it should be up to the person, and if they want it great, if not great. it should be their choice. employers shouldnt be threatening termination if you dont take it. ive seen so many people quit their jobs (mostly nurses that have worked through the pandemic unvaccinated from the very beginning) due to their employer trying to push it on them. it takes upwards of 10-15 years to develop a vaccine. most of the covid vaccines they are pushing have only been approved for emergency use. meaning they are not fda approved, but the fda approves of using unapproved medical products (i.e. the vaccine) to treat diseases.

|

9/1/2021 9:00 AM

Nothing good will come from this thread, and no minds will be changed. Moto on, brothers.

|