Pulp app issues?

aedwards07
Well this is a new issue. It started I couldn't find the new show from last night so I deleted the app and re downloaded it. Now it's showing zero shows at all.

|
flatout111
12/20/2016 5:37am
Yeah, must be an overall issue. I also looked on podcast addict and it says broken rss feed. I'm sure they'll get it worked out soon.
flatout111
12/20/2016 6:31am
It appears to be fixed now. Thanks Steve and Travis.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
12/20/2016 7:48am
The new app is great but does have its quarks.

I find that I can't start a new show unless I hit play on the show that queued on the bottom of the app.

It would also be pretty sick if when you are listening to the show and you get a phone call for the show to start playing automatically when you hang up.

Thanks for the content, take my feedback with a grain of salt.
Jbulz
Fantasy
4069th
12/20/2016 8:01am
I wasn't able to listen on the App last night. Kept getting a playback error so I listened online.

Get it together, Dune Goon!

The Shop

moto0852
12/20/2016 9:32am
I don't get the "app" desire. All I hear are how it's got problems and issues and cost money etc, etc.

I use stitcher. It's free. I've never had an issue listening to a show that way.
MotoMo165
12/20/2016 9:51am
I'm still running on the old app. The live stream would cut out randomly, after a while it ran live without any problems. Another thing I find annoying, but understandable, is that since the new app is out the old app doesn't get the new pulpshows archived. I'll get the new app soon enough tho
12/20/2016 10:34am
moto0852 wrote:
I don't get the "app" desire. All I hear are how it's got problems and issues and cost money etc, etc. I use stitcher. It's free...
I don't get the "app" desire. All I hear are how it's got problems and issues and cost money etc, etc.

I use stitcher. It's free. I've never had an issue listening to a show that way.
1. Exclusive content (e.g. a few otherwise unreleased podcast episodes)
2. Supporting someone who puts out a lot of incredible free content (it was like $2, so not much at that)
moto0852
12/20/2016 10:47am
moto0852 wrote:
I don't get the "app" desire. All I hear are how it's got problems and issues and cost money etc, etc. I use stitcher. It's free...

1. Exclusive content (e.g. a few otherwise unreleased podcast episodes) 2. Supporting someone who puts out a lot of incredible free content (it was like $2...
2. Supporting someone who puts out a lot of incredible free content (it was like $2, so not much at that)
I buy through Steve's amazon link so I've supported him financially 100x more than what he makes on the app and bro... I can barely get through the 8+ hrs. a week of content now....I don't need more.
12/20/2016 2:50pm
moto0852 wrote:

1. Exclusive content (e.g. a few otherwise unreleased podcast episodes) 2. Supporting someone who puts out a lot of incredible free content (it was like $2...
moto0852 wrote:
I buy through Steve's amazon link so I've supported him financially 100x more than what he makes on the app and bro... I can barely get...
I buy through Steve's amazon link so I've supported him financially 100x more than what he makes on the app and bro... I can barely get through the 8+ hrs. a week of content now....I don't need more.
Considering Matthes' is the only MX pods I can listen to without my ears bleeding I could always use more content.. depends how much time you sit in traffic I guess.

Joe512
12/20/2016 5:29pm
Only issue I've had is I'll be listening for 45 minutes or so and it'll just stop playing. I have to mess with the app and press play/pause til it finally starts playing again. Happens a couple times a show.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
12/20/2016 6:25pm
I think the problem with the live show cutting out on the app (which was also a problem on the old app) traces back to the server hosting they use. Steve has mentioned before that when they've had issues with anything working it was because the server viewed everyone tapping into the feed to listen as a DDOS attack and, therefor, shut itself down. I've noticed on the mobile apps that the stream will cut out around the beginning of the show and when a high profile guest is on so I think the server can't handle the load of X amount of people tapping into the mobile stream at once. As the show drags on typically it will start working and I think it's because a number of people have given up on trying to listen and/or switch to a PC browser so the load has been taken off the server.

I could be way off but those are the conclusions I've drawn.
hvaughn88
12/20/2016 6:36pm
moto0852 wrote:

I use stitcher too. I still bought the app.
Pirate421
12/20/2016 6:58pm
I can't start the "latest" show for some reason the day after it airs. The previous show I listened too is still down at the bottom banner and I can't get it to go away. Also after refreshing a few times the last nights show will appear but no matter how many times I "click" on it, no go. Only if I delete the app and re download. Anybody have this or know how to get rid of it without deleting the app every week? Tried resetting in help but didn't help.
12/20/2016 7:31pm
moto0852 wrote:

moto0852 wrote:
I buy through Steve's amazon link so I've supported him financially 100x more than what he makes on the app and bro... I can barely get...
Great. I was just answering your question as to why the app might appeal to someone—and just one of those times it seems weird to jump in and discourage others from supporting via that means?

As for the issues, the producer covered it fairly recently—it's one part-time guy supporting 2 native apps, the stream & whatever else. That's a ton of time & effort, not to mention a prerequisite of knowing at least 3 totally different languages. That should've cost low/mid-5 figures at an absolute minimum.
moto0852
12/20/2016 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 12/20/2016 8:29pm
moto0852 wrote:
Great. I was just answering your question as to why the app might appeal to someone—and just one of those times it seems weird to jump...
Great. I was just answering your question as to why the app might appeal to someone—and just one of those times it seems weird to jump in and discourage others from supporting via that means?

As for the issues, the producer covered it fairly recently—it's one part-time guy supporting 2 native apps, the stream & whatever else. That's a ton of time & effort, not to mention a prerequisite of knowing at least 3 totally different languages. That should've cost low/mid-5 figures at an absolute minimum.
Buying the app is a show of support for all the hard work Steve puts out but it's not a financial show of support. After Apples cut and paying Dune Goon and team i'll bet Steve get's .40cents a sale.

So yes, if your goal is to support Steve financially I discourage giving him .40 cents and would encourage you to go to his Patreon link or Amazon link and jput some real money in his pocket.
MX690
12/20/2016 8:48pm
I bought the Android app, IV only opened it once, I listen on stitcher. I really only got the app to support the show.
12/20/2016 10:12pm
moto0852 wrote:
Buying the app is a show of support for all the hard work Steve puts out but it's not a financial show of support. After Apples...
Buying the app is a show of support for all the hard work Steve puts out but it's not a financial show of support. After Apples cut and paying Dune Goon and team i'll bet Steve get's .40cents a sale.

So yes, if your goal is to support Steve financially I discourage giving him .40 cents and would encourage you to go to his Patreon link or Amazon link and jput some real money in his pocket.
FWIW, Steve Matthes said it's already more then paid for itself. It's not much per sale, but in volume… Again, don't see why you'd discourage any form of support. Agree to disagree.
Francis377
12/21/2016 3:33am
After listening to 200+ shows and countless podcasts for free all those years I just bought the app without even thinking about it. 2$ is nothing, don't even care if it works or not.
Crush
12/21/2016 4:34am
Bought the app with the only intention of occasionally listening to the drops.

Matthes has literally provided us all thousands of hours of really high quality entertainment and industry insights.... I've never even thought about the few dollars in apps i've paid and in fact have sent him codes any time i've bought a Vimeo sub for spectrum or whatever.

He's brilliant and the moto world would be far more boring without his content.
wm741
12/21/2016 5:10am
There's something going on. Even when I delete the app and reinstall it, the new show will show up but still won't play.
early
Fantasy
2212th
12/21/2016 5:44am
For those of you saying the app is not necessary and Steve barely makes money off it, lets not forget that when Steve negotiates sponsor deals for his shows he can point to itunes and google records of X number of app owners to show how another level of support for his content. I bought it and still listen on other apps anyway.
moto0852
12/21/2016 7:17am
early wrote:
For those of you saying the app is not necessary and Steve barely makes money off it, lets not forget that when Steve negotiates sponsor deals...
For those of you saying the app is not necessary and Steve barely makes money off it, lets not forget that when Steve negotiates sponsor deals for his shows he can point to itunes and google records of X number of app owners to show how another level of support for his content. I bought it and still listen on other apps anyway.
Nope. It's all about number of unique listens and downloads. Not about how they listen
Joko
Fantasy
233rd
12/23/2016 4:03pm
Love the pulp mx shows but I'm having numerous issues with it on my iPhone. Every time I want to listen to the show, the last show is loaded and access to everything is frozen. Have to delete the app and reinstall every time I want to listen to a new show or archive. The search function freezes and won't take entries, the show quits and won't start over unless I reload, switches to another random show frequently ... been going on for weeks without any fixes! It's like the front door to their business opens sometimes to let customers in, most times it doesn't, but they don't fix it. frustrating..,
Pirate421
12/23/2016 5:04pm
Joko wrote:
Love the pulp mx shows but I'm having numerous issues with it on my iPhone. Every time I want to listen to the show, the last...
Love the pulp mx shows but I'm having numerous issues with it on my iPhone. Every time I want to listen to the show, the last show is loaded and access to everything is frozen. Have to delete the app and reinstall every time I want to listen to a new show or archive. The search function freezes and won't take entries, the show quits and won't start over unless I reload, switches to another random show frequently ... been going on for weeks without any fixes! It's like the front door to their business opens sometimes to let customers in, most times it doesn't, but they don't fix it. frustrating..,
Exactly what mine does I have to delete and reload every week or every time a new show comes out. Maybe Travis will chime in?
marx41
Fantasy
904th
12/23/2016 7:19pm
I assure you guys I want to get these things worked out as soon as I can. Spare time has been scarce the last couple of weeks but I promise things aren't unnoticed nor will they not be fixed. In the meantime if you go to help, reset content, then force close the app and reopen that sometimes fixes it, and I've had some luck messing with airplane mode for some reason. Sorry for the inconvenience everybody, but I promise I'll get to it as soon as I'm able.
trailrider
12/23/2016 8:06pm
I turned it off when the shaving ass topic started..off
TannerMxer
12/23/2016 8:52pm
It would be really beneficial to T-Dawg Marx if you indicate which version of the iPhone/Android and the version of OS.
12/24/2016 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 12/24/2016 5:42pm
All you have to do is go to the pulp MX site and download the mp3 file of the show which is posted the next morning then you can play it on any device and not worry with streaming issues.

Of simply get a podcast app such as beyond pod and download the episodes for offline listening.

If you need to listen live simply go to https://pulpmx.com/stream from any phone or desktop browser to listen in real time.

Also for live free streaming you can use the free version of Tune In Radio on iOS and Android to stream the show live (just search for pulpmx in TuneIn and it will bring you to the stream easily).

I use beyond pod because it's super easy to keep up with and download episodes from all podcast feeds I subscribe to and listen offline.

Then there's Stitcher which may be free but last I used it you couldn't download episodes and listen offline.

For me having the episodes download while on WiFi and listening to them later makes it easier as you don't use as much battery just playing back a locally download file versus streaming which uses data and battery over an extended periodplus if you download the audio files ahead of time you're guaranteed not to have streaming issues of course.

I did get the Android app though just to support the show though I'd never even think of using it to payback the show.

Post a reply to: Pulp app issues?

The Latest