Pulp MX is now Pulp Mountain bike

Nesc39
4/5/2019 1:07pm
Some of it was interesting and some of it I didn’t give two shits about but I totally understand why he did it. He signed a deal with intense and part of that deal is to come on the show and advertise for an hour. I don’t know what is so hard for people to understand.

Let me look into my crystal ball, I see Steve getting a hot tub in the future from Genova. I see Steve talking about Moto concepts all the time for the next two months, I see Steve writing stories and videos about his experience as a manager and giving them press. I see listeners bitching and complaining nonstop about how Steve blows Genova. I WONDER IF The free 20,000 hot tub is in exchange for marketing from Steve, duuuuuuhhhhh
4/5/2019 1:21pm
Well shit just got real, UCI and FIM fighting over rights to announce ebike races
ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
4/5/2019 1:35pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I would like An E-bike with a throttle, and preferably that could throw a Roost, You can point laugh and call it a Quad if you...
I would like An E-bike with a throttle, and preferably that could throw a Roost, You can point laugh and call it a Quad if you want to.

I agree that the Strava should have an e-bike category though, but if they don't how is that that Mathes fault?
Kinda sounds like a dont hate the player hate the game situation.
Strava does have an ebike category. Mathes just doesn't use it. Whether it's ignorance, laziness or intentional is unknown.
early
Fantasy
2212th
4/5/2019 1:38pm
Nesc39 wrote:
Some of it was interesting and some of it I didn’t give two shits about but I totally understand why he did it. He signed a...
Some of it was interesting and some of it I didn’t give two shits about but I totally understand why he did it. He signed a deal with intense and part of that deal is to come on the show and advertise for an hour. I don’t know what is so hard for people to understand.

Let me look into my crystal ball, I see Steve getting a hot tub in the future from Genova. I see Steve talking about Moto concepts all the time for the next two months, I see Steve writing stories and videos about his experience as a manager and giving them press. I see listeners bitching and complaining nonstop about how Steve blows Genova. I WONDER IF The free 20,000 hot tub is in exchange for marketing from Steve, duuuuuuhhhhh

The Shop

WarrenMX
4/11/2019 8:44am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2019 8:44am
Well shit, I love these things so much I decided to start a youtube channel. Some posts on here are definitely in the running for ebike hater comment of the week Grinning

ob
4/11/2019 1:26pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I would like An E-bike with a throttle, and preferably that could throw a Roost, You can point laugh and call it a Quad if you...
I would like An E-bike with a throttle, and preferably that could throw a Roost, You can point laugh and call it a Quad if you want to.

I agree that the Strava should have an e-bike category though, but if they don't how is that that Mathes fault?
Kinda sounds like a dont hate the player hate the game situation.
ACBraap wrote:
Strava does have an ebike category. Mathes just doesn't use it. Whether it's ignorance, laziness or intentional is unknown.
That’s fucked, and one reason some people hate e-bikes and their riders
MXD
4/11/2019 2:20pm
I want an ebike because I’m getting older and riding less. Anything that would make it easier and allow/incentivize me to do it more is a good thing. The only reason I haven’t popped for one yet is because I’m afraid to dump all that cash into something with the tech still evolving rapidly.
crowe176
4/11/2019 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2019 2:42pm
Jeeeezus, the saltness over an hour of airtime out of tens of thousands of FREE awesome moto content is pathetic.

After listening to Steve talk about the Levo, it sounds awesome. I understand the hate, and almost messaged a longtime moto friend who is a top vet MTB'r in my area and was specifically going to ask him if Ebikes are looked at like quads of the woods and would i get shit riding one. At least I don't have to embarress myself asking now!

I'd still love to ride one. They sound perfect for myself. I can sit here and say I don't ride my Cannondale 29er enough, so maybe an E-bike would get me out more, and maybe it would, but, man, they are some serious cabbage.

So, question for Ebike guys: Is weight a huge issue with Ebikes? I've always been under the impression that MTB's cost very by weight. Lighter the bike, more you're paying. Is it silly to think spending, say, $3k more for one ebike over another to save a little weight on something that's power assisted?

When I was listening to Steve talk about the Intense vs the Levo, the only thing that got me excited was the smaller moto style rear wheel. But that seems like something you could do with any bike.. What makes an Intense worth so much more than the other bikes?
SKEEZER36
4/11/2019 2:59pm
Man... I just don't see how anyone even has the balls to start a thread like this. Steve does more for this industry than most companies could ever dream of doing. He entertains us all week basically every week with few exceptions. He gives away thousands of dollars in merchandise and cash and yet still people complain! I guess there really are people out there that you could hand them a million bucks and they would bitch that all the bills are green!! SMH
vetmxr
4/11/2019 3:22pm
Maybe in my younger day it would have been different, but now at my age I'm only interested in mountain biking if I'm on an electric.....I find myself always mad that my body won't allow faster and longer rides....so these new electric bikes will get me back into a sport that I loved and had to quit because of worn out joints......

I don't care about racing mountain bikes, comparing my times to others on mountain bikes......all I'm looking for is the kind of smile I get on my face when I either put her on the gondola to get to the top so I can ride down, or switch over to electric assist so I can enjoy my spirited ride down.

And if a bunch of self-absorbed faggots in spandex shorts won't allow me into their special cliche because I'm not core enough to ride with them in their special non electric group. It's best I find that out right away so that I can avoid interacting with these hard core mountain bike racers......Give me a break....get over yourselves.

I do not agree with comparing your times with others that don't have electric help, or acting like your keeping up with guys that are leg pedaling only..... You're not.........
WarrenMX
4/11/2019 3:26pm
vetmxr wrote:
Maybe in my younger day it would have been different, but now at my age I'm only interested in mountain biking if I'm on an electric.....I...
Maybe in my younger day it would have been different, but now at my age I'm only interested in mountain biking if I'm on an electric.....I find myself always mad that my body won't allow faster and longer rides....so these new electric bikes will get me back into a sport that I loved and had to quit because of worn out joints......

I don't care about racing mountain bikes, comparing my times to others on mountain bikes......all I'm looking for is the kind of smile I get on my face when I either put her on the gondola to get to the top so I can ride down, or switch over to electric assist so I can enjoy my spirited ride down.

And if a bunch of self-absorbed faggots in spandex shorts won't allow me into their special cliche because I'm not core enough to ride with them in their special non electric group. It's best I find that out right away so that I can avoid interacting with these hard core mountain bike racers......Give me a break....get over yourselves.

I do not agree with comparing your times with others that don't have electric help, or acting like your keeping up with guys that are leg pedaling only..... You're not.........
Well said good sir!!

Ironically mountain bikers have complained for years about how hikers and horse riders should accept them and be willing to share the trail but now the tables have turned, it seems like they're the worst of the bunch when it comes to sharing.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
4/11/2019 3:28pm
I wasn't a fan of the mountain bike talk after the first 10 or 15 minutes probably so I skipped over the rest of it since I didn't listen to it live and could do that. I didn't feel the need to whine or complain about it but I also didn't think it was great the way Steve addressed the criticism on the latest Pulp Mx Show.

Obviously, it is Steve's show and he can do what he wants but the show isn't "free" out of the kindness of his heart. The show is given away for free so there is the largest possible audience to sell to advertisers. The joke of telling your listeners they can get a refund if they don't like it is done in poor taste. Steve said he gives his audience so much content for free that he deserves to talk about Mountain Bikes if he wants to. What he deserves is what he gets from his sponsors/advertisers because of the audience base he has built.

Some of us love Steve because he speaks his mind even if it isn't something we agree with and while I don't think this was the best way for Steve to address the criticism, I must admit that I did chuckle some when he went on his "Race Tech Rant" about this topic.
7eleven
4/11/2019 4:18pm
vetmxr wrote:
Maybe in my younger day it would have been different, but now at my age I'm only interested in mountain biking if I'm on an electric.....I...

Spoken like someone who has no idea about the sport of mtbing. You dumb it down so hard and even toss in a direct insult at guys you don't even know. You should dedicate yourself to something sporty and maybe you'll wakeup someday with a better perspective on life. Or, just stay off of the internet.
Ridelow
Fantasy
251st
4/11/2019 4:25pm
I love PulpMX and it makes my flights and travels so much more enjoyable.
For the complainers of the E-bike segment.. Some liked it, others dont care. Just fast forward to the motocross stuff and be happy, no reson to complain..

I enjoyed it.

Keep it up stravasteve!
vetmxr
4/11/2019 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2019 5:23pm
vetmxr wrote:

7eleven wrote:
Spoken like someone who has no idea about the sport of mtbing. You dumb it down so hard and even toss in a direct insult at...
Spoken like someone who has no idea about the sport of mtbing. You dumb it down so hard and even toss in a direct insult at guys you don't even know. You should dedicate yourself to something sporty and maybe you'll wakeup someday with a better perspective on life. Or, just stay off of the internet.
I never said I had a clue about mountain biking... I don't care enough about mountain biking to follow any of it....I just said I enjoy doing it. But My knees won't let me push anymore. Hence the electric bike......

As far as your opinion on what I should do with my life....... You don't know me and I don't care to know you as of now, so you can stick your advice on what I should do with my life right up your ass.

Now go put your spandex onesie on, you know, the one with all the sponsor logo's on pre -printed that you went out and paid full retail for, and go out and show everyone how CORE you are by looking down your nose at people you know shit about. By the way...its not lost on me that you chastise me for insulting guys I don't know, all the while insulting me. And I can assure you that you don't know me.

I put mountain and road bikers in the same catagory as Harley guys.......they need the outfit and the attitude so that "normal" people will know just how bad ass they are and how serious about "their" sport that they are.

ob
4/11/2019 5:56pm
vetmxr wrote:

7eleven wrote:
Spoken like someone who has no idea about the sport of mtbing. You dumb it down so hard and even toss in a direct insult at...
vetmxr wrote:
I never said I had a clue about mountain biking... I don't care enough about mountain biking to follow any of it....I just said I enjoy...
I never said I had a clue about mountain biking... I don't care enough about mountain biking to follow any of it....I just said I enjoy doing it. But My knees won't let me push anymore. Hence the electric bike......

As far as your opinion on what I should do with my life....... You don't know me and I don't care to know you as of now, so you can stick your advice on what I should do with my life right up your ass.

Now go put your spandex onesie on, you know, the one with all the sponsor logo's on pre -printed that you went out and paid full retail for, and go out and show everyone how CORE you are by looking down your nose at people you know shit about. By the way...its not lost on me that you chastise me for insulting guys I don't know, all the while insulting me. And I can assure you that you don't know me.

I put mountain and road bikers in the same catagory as Harley guys.......they need the outfit and the attitude so that "normal" people will know just how bad ass they are and how serious about "their" sport that they are.

You are right, you have no clue what you are talking about.
MaxPower
4/11/2019 6:05pm
Im fine with the show . I didn't want to like Mathis. Good is good. He made me like the show and him. He does 3/4 hour shows and is doing a few podcasts on top of everything else moto related in between Saturdays. If his show talks about MTBs, I'll listen
ti473
4/12/2019 5:39am
vetmxr wrote:

7eleven wrote:
vetmxr wrote:
I never said I had a clue about mountain biking... I don't care enough about mountain biking to follow any of it....I just said I enjoy...

You dish it out but you can't take it...
Dimblewambie
4/12/2019 6:01am
ob wrote:
I'm looking to buy an Ebike, so my girlfriend can ride it.
Lots of couples need electronic assistance, don’t feel bad...
ob
4/12/2019 7:49am
ob wrote:
I'm looking to buy an Ebike, so my girlfriend can ride it.
Lots of couples need electronic assistance, don’t feel bad...
Hahaha that is so funny! And so friggin true. Lol
WarrenMX
4/12/2019 8:25am
I should add, I've yet to actually experience any hate or animosity on the trail when I've been riding my ebike. Most people want to ask questions and to know more about it.

So far all the haters seem to be limited to keyboard warriors!

Post a reply to: Pulp MX is now Pulp Mountain bike

The Latest