Pulp MX comments right now- is MX croaking?

jonesaustin
9/7/2021 11:59am
Motofinne wrote:
This is not a MX issue, this is a motorsport issue. Except maybe MotoGP. MotoGP is probably the only thriving motorsport in the world at the...
This is not a MX issue, this is a motorsport issue. Except maybe MotoGP. MotoGP is probably the only thriving motorsport in the world at the moment. Big props to Dorna, they have done amazing things with MotoGP.

F1 might be back on track since Bernie is out and Ross Brawn is in charge of the regulations etc.
we shouldn’t see this as a Motorsport but instead, a Flow Sport. we lost our cool factor mid 2000’s within that whole git r done move to embrace NASCAR. it was a mistake and we’re paying for it.
9/8/2021 7:28am
I agree that Having the Energy drink companies is a good thing!
Also CBD although I've never tried it.
And and Healthy Drink companies like Arma and Ryno power are good for the sport.
Evil
byke
9/8/2021 9:28am
Energy drink companies are like McDonald's; which is a company that sells a completely unhealthy product, contributing to who knows how many ailments and diseases, but then they start some charities and now children would literally die without them. This is exactly what soulless companies do; they hedge themselves by doing a legit good thing, in order to cement their place and profits in the bad thing. And now nobody would dare challenge their products, because they've wisely purchased our support. My opinion is, thanks, but fuck off.

The Shop

byke
9/8/2021 10:21am
Sure they could spend elsewhere. Just because a pimp buys a gallon of milk from you, doesn't mean they're a good person. And ignoring what they do just because you like selling that milk, doesn't mean you're a good person either.
9/8/2021 10:25am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 10:26am
So your saying their product shouldn't exist?
If so you can add Coke, Pepsi, Mountain dew.
And Pretty much the entire American diet.
But since it does exist I'm glad they put their money here.
We can choose to drink whatever we want. IMO most Motocrossers are health conscious.
But they're taking the money from the overweight unhealthy people that drink 5 of those a day and spending it in the sport I love 💘
aeffertz
9/8/2021 10:25am
byke wrote:
Sure they could spend elsewhere. Just because a pimp buys a gallon of milk from you, doesn't mean they're a good person. And ignoring what they...
Sure they could spend elsewhere. Just because a pimp buys a gallon of milk from you, doesn't mean they're a good person. And ignoring what they do just because you like selling that milk, doesn't mean you're a good person either.
Any company big enough to fund these series is going to be doing something you don’t agree with. So we either get a year of racing and thousands of people employed because a company is selling sugary drinks or the sport dies at a professional level.

I just don’t like arguments that don’t provide an alternative solution.
9/8/2021 10:29am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 10:29am
We had Muscle milk for a bit in the industry, they seem to have a good product. Better at least.
Also Arma and Ryno power both seem to have products leaning towards the health conscious people, hopefully they get big enough some day to be able to help grow the sport.
byke
9/8/2021 10:34am
So your saying their product shouldn't exist? If so you can add Coke, Pepsi, Mountain dew. And Pretty much the entire American diet. But since it...
We can choose to drink whatever we want. IMO most Motocrossers are health conscious.
But they're taking the money from the overweight unhealthy people that drink 5 of those a day and spending it in the sport I love 💘
They should exist in the sense that, there's nothing to prevent them from existing, but they should not exist in the sense that, people don't buy (or support) their garbage and thus their business model is not sustainable.

Interesting point about the overweight unhealthy people. Hadn't really thought of motocross as being zero sum before, only able to exist off the the misery and poor decision making of others. Just don't go crying about your healthcare premiums.
TeamGreen
9/8/2021 10:38am
So your saying their product shouldn't exist? If so you can add Coke, Pepsi, Mountain dew. And Pretty much the entire American diet. But since it...
By the mind-set of where this is going...and in total agreement of where you're "at"...

Ford, GM, FCA, Mercedes...etc....all are "unhealthy" and need to "not exist"...also...?

Is ANY other sector responsible for ANY-WHERE NEAR as many lives lost (I, personally,, think that...maybe...just maybe... the people driving the cars are usually at fault...?)...but, you get my point, right?

Grinning
byke
9/8/2021 10:40am
byke wrote:
Sure they could spend elsewhere. Just because a pimp buys a gallon of milk from you, doesn't mean they're a good person. And ignoring what they...
aeffertz wrote:
Any company big enough to fund these series is going to be doing something you don’t agree with. So we either get a year of racing...
Any company big enough to fund these series is going to be doing something you don’t agree with. So we either get a year of racing and thousands of people employed because a company is selling sugary drinks or the sport dies at a professional level.

I just don’t like arguments that don’t provide an alternative solution.
There are things that are objectively bad for people, not just "don't agree with". The don't agree with is like saying that oranges are better than apples. Objectively bad would be "fruit loops is good for you".

Trying to restrict people from recognizing problems because they're unable to provide a solution is just trying to find a reason to ignore something you don't like. As if to imply that you shouldn't be able say that your car is running poorly, because you don't know why. In reality, one person recognized a problem, then another person educated in the matter remedies it.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
9/8/2021 10:47am
The real problem with this sport is the Manufacturers are charging nearly double the price of bikes from 15 years ago. Its stupid. 2 strokes, YES 2 STROKES, kept the sport alive a thriving. Then the 4 stroke botched rule book messed the entire sport up. The bikes are not twice as good as they were. So there is no rational excuse for the price of a bike to be $10K when the same bike, and barely changed technology in 2010, was going for under $6K. Salaries haven't gone up 100% so why would the bike prices? Its a losing battle.
byke
9/8/2021 10:47am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 10:47am
TeamGreen wrote:
By the mind-set of where this is going...and in total agreement of where you're "at"... Ford, GM, FCA, Mercedes...etc....all are "unhealthy" and need to "not exist"...also...
By the mind-set of where this is going...and in total agreement of where you're "at"...

Ford, GM, FCA, Mercedes...etc....all are "unhealthy" and need to "not exist"...also...?

Is ANY other sector responsible for ANY-WHERE NEAR as many lives lost (I, personally,, think that...maybe...just maybe... the people driving the cars are usually at fault...?)...but, you get my point, right?

Grinning
Let's hope dirt bikers put their money where their mouth is, give some Rockstar/Monster/Coors/Camels to yourself/kids/friends/family if you think it's nothing. Support the sport!
TeamGreen
9/8/2021 10:58am
TeamGreen wrote:
By the mind-set of where this is going...and in total agreement of where you're "at"... Ford, GM, FCA, Mercedes...etc....all are "unhealthy" and need to "not exist"...also...

Grinning
byke wrote:
Let's hope dirt bikers put their money where their mouth is, give some Rockstar/Monster/Coors/Camels to yourself/kids/friends/family if you think it's nothing. Support the sport!
You're jumping in the deep end of an empty pool on that one. WhereTF did I say,"Give it to your kids?"
That "place" you're coming from is stupid. Period.
Camels...Coors...Rockstars to the kids? Wow. You're out of your f'king head.

Cancel Culture fits you. You know, emotional and uniformed ridiculous responses from the misguided minions...?

I think you COMPLETELY missed the implied "personal responsibility" aspect of my post.

9/8/2021 11:41am
TeamGreen wrote:

Grinning
The way people drive is a real pandemic in this country that I blame on evolution, of the cars getting better and better refined over the years, increasing speed.(same can be said for motocross bikes)
If you drive a car built in1955, 1965, 1975
When you were going 55mph you felt like you were going 70mph
Now when going 70mph you feel like your going 50mph
But when you crash at Higher speed the impact us much more dangerous.
And people are flying these days I drive a van and sometimes doing 70mph people are flying by me like I'm standing still. I had a guy fighting mad at me the other day for doing a little over the speed limit, I guess I was in his way. Evolution. I feel like this thread is heading towards the non moto section 😆
dbaker521
9/8/2021 12:50pm
The moto bubble burst in the RV/Dungey era. Happens in every sport outside of the big four. Surprised it took Matthes this long to talk about it.
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/8/2021 1:12pm
nrosso391 wrote:
The real problem with this sport is the Manufacturers are charging nearly double the price of bikes from 15 years ago. Its stupid. 2 strokes, YES...
The real problem with this sport is the Manufacturers are charging nearly double the price of bikes from 15 years ago. Its stupid. 2 strokes, YES 2 STROKES, kept the sport alive a thriving. Then the 4 stroke botched rule book messed the entire sport up. The bikes are not twice as good as they were. So there is no rational excuse for the price of a bike to be $10K when the same bike, and barely changed technology in 2010, was going for under $6K. Salaries haven't gone up 100% so why would the bike prices? Its a losing battle.
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/8/2021 1:16pm
Sugar industry has been doing shady shit for a long long time.

aeffertz
9/8/2021 1:28pm
dbaker521 wrote:
The moto bubble burst in the RV/Dungey era. Happens in every sport outside of the big four. Surprised it took Matthes this long to talk about...
The moto bubble burst in the RV/Dungey era. Happens in every sport outside of the big four. Surprised it took Matthes this long to talk about it.
This thread is from 2017.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
9/8/2021 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 2:13pm
Where is 7/11 in all of this? I'm having a beer and some steak and cheese taquitos while I work from home and it's glorious.
oceantrav
9/8/2021 3:39pm
nrosso391 wrote:
The real problem with this sport is the Manufacturers are charging nearly double the price of bikes from 15 years ago. Its stupid. 2 strokes, YES...
Called inflation, everyone makes double what they did 10 years ago too…
9/8/2021 4:30pm
dbaker521 wrote:
The moto bubble burst in the RV/Dungey era. Happens in every sport outside of the big four. Surprised it took Matthes this long to talk about...
aeffertz wrote:
This thread is from 2017.
Still has a lot of valid information
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/8/2021 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 9:32pm
nrosso391 wrote:
oceantrav wrote:
Not sure why the down votes ?? You are 100% right ! Minimum wage was $7.25 in 2011. Cool
oceantrav
9/9/2021 3:41am
nrosso391 wrote:
oceantrav wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Not sure why the down votes ?? You are 100% right ! Minimum wage was $7.25 in 2011. Cool
Right, and like some one else said, msrp didn’t go up much in 10 years.

Just googled a yz450f

2012- $8,350 MSRP
2022- $9,599 MSRP

That’s only a 15% increase in 10 years, that’s nothing.

2012 federal minimum wage was $7.25, today it’s $10.25, January 2022 the federal minimum wage is $15.00.

Idiots complaining about prices are Probaly the same ones saying they’d be able to buy a brand new mustang back in 1965 for $2400! Lol
LoudLove
9/9/2021 7:29am
Cumulative inflationary impact since 2012 is 18.91%. Meaning a 2012 MSRP of $8350 translates into $9929 in 2022 dollars. The YZ reflects a 14.95% increase in MSRP. So today’s pricing is in-line with the overall market, but still exceeds wage increases by a few percentage points.
Airick
Fantasy
2773rd
9/9/2021 8:42pm
People will always find a way to get high, might as well use the profits for racing.
Money
9/9/2021 9:39pm
How about all the turnover in mechanics this year like Steve mentioned
JamesReed
9/9/2021 10:18pm
The market is currently out of control (covid pricing) and way too pricey for the sport's blue collar roots/fanbase(people don't need 'homologation specials' anymore). Is a $8,000 2022 YZ250 faster than a $4,000 2004-2010 model, for an average Joe? No. How about a $11,000 KTM?.. "I have to be at work at 6:30 on Monday."

Moto isn't going to grow significantly until Electric comes onboard and preppy people who buy $5-10k mountain bikes get hyped on E-Moto. That, and warehouse tracks open up urban areas to the sport. Yeah, I know.. EleCtrIc BiKes cAN't FiNniSH uH 30 minute MoTO.. Neither can 90% of people that BUY their bikes.

Post a reply to: Pulp MX comments right now- is MX croaking?

The Latest