Public Service Announcement for those who bought a 2-day ticket for Charlotte MXGP:

olds cool
9/2/2016 1:49pm
With the schedule getting fubarred for today, I was not a happy camper when I was initially told that I was more or less SOL (my verbiage, not the speedway's) with my 2-day ticket only being good for tomorrow (paying for 2 days in advance and getting one day's worth of action).

After several calls to the speedway ticket office and 'splaining my situation, I found an advocate who I convinced that it was wrong for them to keep my money. After she called me back twice, she finally convinced mgmt to issue me a credit on my credit card for Friday's portion of my 2-day ticket. This was a 4 hr process but she finally came through for me.

I hope this helps any of you in my situation who bought the 2-day dealio. For a while there, I thought I was going to have to bring my torch and pitchfork to the will call window tomorrow. Enjoy the races. The weather should clear out for tomorrow!

|
500guy
9/2/2016 1:58pm
I never buy tickets for these events in advance, it's easier to keep your money then ask for it back.

The guy's putting on the race are probably sucking wind , tomorrow numbers probably will be down too.
olds cool
9/2/2016 2:30pm
If it would have been a "regular"'outdoor race with hang over the fence wherever you can seating I would have waited myself. Knowing that a good portion of this course is beyond the turn 3 & 4 wall, I wanted to get seats as close to the 4th turn and as high up as possible so I would have a chance of seeing as much of the course as possible, but that's just me. Thanks for your input though...Whistling
500guy
9/2/2016 3:31pm
olds cool wrote:
If it would have been a "regular"'outdoor race with hang over the fence wherever you can seating I would have waited myself. Knowing that a good...
If it would have been a "regular"'outdoor race with hang over the fence wherever you can seating I would have waited myself. Knowing that a good portion of this course is beyond the turn 3 & 4 wall, I wanted to get seats as close to the 4th turn and as high up as possible so I would have a chance of seeing as much of the course as possible, but that's just me. Thanks for your input though...Whistling
my comment wasn't a dig at you, it was a dig at the GP's because since the Comp park fiasco lots of folks got screwed on tickets the bought early.

I was just relaying what I learned from that.
olds cool
9/2/2016 3:45pm
Sorry if I was a little "testy". My BP was probably still a little elevated from the ordeal, plus I got a new grandson this week and haven't had as much sleep as I should have. I understand about the Comp park fiasco. We're good! Wink

The Shop

montesagold
9/2/2016 4:01pm
Thanks a lot, you happen to have a contact name? The ladies I talked to previously were very cordial
rrjr
9/2/2016 6:35pm
olds cool wrote:
Sorry if I was a little "testy". My BP was probably still a little elevated from the ordeal, plus I got a new grandson this week...
Sorry if I was a little "testy". My BP was probably still a little elevated from the ordeal, plus I got a new grandson this week and haven't had as much sleep as I should have. I understand about the Comp park fiasco. We're good! Wink
What is it with people throwing out the new baby excuse? First Stewart and now you!

j/k.....Congrats on the new family member.
824 Dad
9/2/2016 7:08pm
500guy wrote:
my comment wasn't a dig at you, it was a dig at the GP's because since the Comp park fiasco lots of folks got screwed on...
my comment wasn't a dig at you, it was a dig at the GP's because since the Comp park fiasco lots of folks got screwed on tickets the bought early.

I was just relaying what I learned from that.
I got my money back on the comp park fiasco through my credit card company luckily
olds cool
9/2/2016 7:50pm
Thanks a lot, you happen to have a contact name? The ladies I talked to previously were very cordial
Sent you a PM
9/2/2016 8:46pm
I don;t think attendance will be down. The race is still on the same day it was always planned to be on, just the Qualifying and practice was moved. People from out of town will already have planned on being there Saturday. The only thing that really changed for folks that expected Fridays events was that they just got a free day to do nothing. If the race was moved to Sunday I would expect attendance to be down because the out of towners would have already had flights or need to be on the road Sunday. Also, with Saturday being rain free the weather won;t keep people away either. It should be an awesome event!
9/2/2016 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2016 9:12pm
I don;t think attendance will be down. The race is still on the same day it was always planned to be on, just the Qualifying and...
I don;t think attendance will be down. The race is still on the same day it was always planned to be on, just the Qualifying and practice was moved. People from out of town will already have planned on being there Saturday. The only thing that really changed for folks that expected Fridays events was that they just got a free day to do nothing. If the race was moved to Sunday I would expect attendance to be down because the out of towners would have already had flights or need to be on the road Sunday. Also, with Saturday being rain free the weather won;t keep people away either. It should be an awesome event!
My understanding is the standard qualifying racing has been nixed, and gate picks for MXGP and MX2 will be based on Saturday's practice official timing and scoring. I agree with the decisions to consolidate all racing to Saturday - however it appears the fans who purchased a 2 day ticket are already being reimbursed for the lack of racing product on display Friday

I know this is the Speedway Ticket Office involved here not the FIM/Youthstream... I just hope they have a blanket solution for everyone, rather than making me have to get all ugly about it before they make it right. I'm a local who attends many events at the overall complex per year.. I'm sure we can work something out!

Otherwise, my box office visit will certainly be interesting tomorrow. Hard on the issues, soft on the people... That's my stance on stuff like this
9/2/2016 9:25pm
I think anyone who got a 2 day pass should refunded the amount extra that they paid for Friday. I don't disagree one bit. I'm just replying to the comment about attendance being low that 500guy made!

Post a reply to: Public Service Announcement for those who bought a 2-day ticket for Charlotte MXGP:

The Latest