Ps Vue for sx?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/14/2017 1:55 PM

How many people on here use PS vue for supercross? Up until now I've needed someone posting the mains on YouTube after work but am thinking about using vue. Can I record? I normally get home right about the time the 450 main is ending. Anyone had decent luck using this service?
Thanks

|

A 350 is always the solution.
My favorite time of year is when the biblical rains come to Southern California

12/14/2017 2:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2017 2:11 PM

I don't have access to PlayStation Vue up here but I'm pretty certain that you can't record any content. At least not if you're watching it through the PlayStation console.

I know others on here access PlayStation Vue through I believe firestick or some other streaming device. Maybe it's possible to record content through those methods if they're connected to some type of DVR.

Edit: If you have the Fox Sports package you might be able to re-watch the events if they have on demand. If that's the case you wouldn't need to record the content. You would just have to log into the Fox App or website and watch it from there.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/14/2017 2:10 PM

MichaelAndrew93 wrote:

How many people on here use PS vue for supercross? Up until now I've needed someone posting the mains on YouTube after work but am thinking about using vue. Can I record? I normally get home right about the time the 450 main is ending. Anyone had decent luck using this service?
Thanks

I have it and I get FS1 and FS2. Wish it was less expensive but it is what it is. Yes, you can record any show and play it back at your leisure. Great quality and very seldom are there problems with the streaming.

|

12/14/2017 2:24 PM

Used it all last season with no issues. DVR works great. Sometimes I would watch the recorded broadcast about an hour late. By the time the Mains rolled around I was all caught up and would watch the Mains live.

|

12/14/2017 2:28 PM

MichaelAndrew93 wrote:

Thanks

Ive used it in the past. And yes you can record with it. It works great.

|

12/14/2017 2:35 PM

Just get YouTube TV and be done with it. And it can be ridiculously inexpensive if you share the cost with friends (up to 6 accounts).

|

12/14/2017 3:14 PM

I buy the PS Vue subscription every supercross season. It works flawlessly. I've never had problems with it

|

12/14/2017 3:40 PM

mxbrian15 wrote:

Just get YouTube TV and be done with it. And it can be ridiculously inexpensive if you share the cost with friends (up to 6 accounts).

Currently using Vue and have no complaints, but thinking of switching to YouTube TV just for this reason. I have a few questions. Can each person have their own separate profile and is each profile password protected? My mom has been going on about her cable bill and I was going to get her a Fire TV or Roku for Christmas and switch to YouTube TV and give her a profile(I would obviously foot the bill for her), but I don’t want my feed cluttered with her shows and visa versa.

|

12/14/2017 6:30 PM

MichaelAndrew93 wrote:

Thanks

Potts wrote:

I have it and I get FS1 and FS2. Wish it was less expensive but it is what it is. Yes, you can record any show and play it back at your leisure. Great quality and very seldom are there problems with the streaming.

Less expensive? It's like $35.00.

And I ditched ( finally! ) Direct tv and and am only on ps vue now. It has a very power dvr/cloud based system. It works " Different " from what most are used too but it works really good.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/14/2017 6:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2017 6:38 PM

I cancelled dish Network and got ps Vue. A few weeks into it I noticed my internet was going extremely slow. I come to find out that I was using too much internet for my provider so they started to throttle my usage. So I had to cancel ps Vue and go back to dish because of my internet provider. It sucks because I enjoyed ps Vue. I guess what I'm saying is check with your internet provider before doing anything.

|

12/14/2017 8:23 PM

I use sling TV, $25 a month. I have fs1 and fs2. I can't record, but I think you can pay for recording in the cloud.

|

12/15/2017 2:03 AM

Vue works great.

YouTube TV users. Be aware they are pulling Youtube from Amazon Products Jan 1, 2018.

Sucks because I want to try the service. I use fireTV on main TV and fire stick on another.

|

12/15/2017 3:32 AM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Currently using Vue and have no complaints, but thinking of switching to YouTube TV just for this reason. I have a few questions. Can each person have their own separate profile and is each profile password protected? My mom has been going on about her cable bill and I was going to get her a Fire TV or Roku for Christmas and switch to YouTube TV and give her a profile(I would obviously foot the bill for her), but I don’t want my feed cluttered with her shows and visa versa.

Everyone has separate accounts. You don’t see their feed or what they DVR (which is unlimited btw).

For everyone warning about YouTube TV not being available on Amazon Fire or Roku, it never was available via those devices. You can only get YouTube TV via Google Chromecast. Most are probably confused with the YouTube app, which is completely separate and not in the same ballpark as YouTube TV.

We pay just over $11/month for it because we split the bill with two others, and it has been awesome!

|

12/15/2017 3:33 AM

Markee wrote:

Vue works great.

YouTube TV users. Be aware they are pulling Youtube from Amazon Products Jan 1, 2018.

Sucks because I want to try the service. I use fireTV on main TV and fire stick on another.

It was never available on Amazon products. YouTube app was, not YouTube TV.

|

12/15/2017 3:46 AM

I use PS Vue and have had zero issues with watching supercross. Just a one time search and a push of a button records it with no problem.

|

12/15/2017 4:40 PM

Markee wrote:

Vue works great.

mxbrian15 wrote:

It was never available on Amazon products. YouTube app was, not YouTube TV.

10-4 That was a assumption on my part.

|

12/15/2017 6:24 PM

We have PS Vue, have had it for over a year now. Love it!! It's great for SX, and the DVR is great as well.

|

12/15/2017 6:26 PM

agn5009 wrote:

I cancelled dish Network and got ps Vue. A few weeks into it I noticed my internet was going extremely slow. I come to find out that I was using too much internet for my provider so they started to throttle my usage. So I had to cancel ps Vue and go back to dish because of my internet provider. It sucks because I enjoyed ps Vue. I guess what I'm saying is check with your internet provider before doing anything.

Was your internet provider a wireless cell company or land line? I've never heard of a land line ISP throttling usage. All the wireless companies throttle usage after a certain amount, even on unlimited wireless data (which I have).

|

12/15/2017 6:50 PM

PS Vue has been great for watching SX as well as MX (NBCSN). DVR capabilities are great as well. YouTube TV is a great option with DVR. But I use Apple TV which has PS Vue but not YouTube TV yet. Once Apple TV accepts YouTube TV, I'll make the switch and save the $5 ($40 for Vue and $35 for YT). If you're still using traditional cable, you got to cut the cord and you'll save a ton. It's been a great switch for me.

|

From dirt bikes to dirty strikes! Bowl on PBA tour @wozbowls. Oh...and I'm MXPTV.

12/15/2017 7:10 PM

agn5009 wrote:

TbonesPop wrote:

Was your internet provider a wireless cell company or land line? I've never heard of a land line ISP throttling usage. All the wireless companies throttle usage after a certain amount, even on unlimited wireless data (which I have).

Nope it's landline. It's called zito media. It's total trash. We don't have many options in North Central PA.

After doing some research, a lot of companies throttle useage.

|

12/15/2017 7:12 PM

Matt Wozney wrote:

PS Vue has been great for watching SX as well as MX (NBCSN). DVR capabilities are great as well. YouTube TV is a great option with DVR. But I use Apple TV which has PS Vue but not YouTube TV yet. Once Apple TV accepts YouTube TV, I'll make the switch and save the $5 ($40 for Vue and $35 for YT). If you're still using traditional cable, you got to cut the cord and you'll save a ton. It's been a great switch for me.

Some simply can't as my post above explains. And not having local channels sucks.

|

12/15/2017 7:15 PM

I had sling before and it carries bein sports so you can watch motogp and WSBK as well

|

12/15/2017 7:20 PM

I had PS Vue during 2017 SX season but it burned me with streaming problems during one of the races.
YouTube TV blows away PS Vue and it costs less. I’m streaming directly to a Vizio Samrtcast TV.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

12/15/2017 7:23 PM

agn5009 wrote:

TbonesPop wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

Nope it's landline. It's called zito media. It's total trash. We don't have many options in North Central PA.

Sorry to hear that. I'm going to drop the throttling discussion before it gets political. Wish you had better internet, PS Vue is great. I know some companies are working on high speed internet via satellite (not Hughes net). Hopefully that becomes available for you soon.

|

12/15/2017 7:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2017 7:25 PM

Matt Wozney wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

Some simply can't as my post above explains. And not having local channels sucks.

Having you tried using a good quality HD antenna? I get local Fox channel and NBC here on my PS vue , but I went and bought myself a good HD antenna , and found out that almost all the local stations broadcast in 1080P. I found out we had about 30 channels total actually , but all the main ones come in crystal clear. The broadcasts reach quite a ways out too.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

12/15/2017 7:26 PM

Least to say....I'm extremely happy with my PS vue. Finally got my final bill for my direct TV a few days ago.....only owe $15.00 yeehaww!

|

12/15/2017 7:32 PM

Matt Wozney wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Having you tried using a good quality HD antenna? I get local Fox channel and NBC here on my PS vue , but I went and bought myself a good HD antenna , and found out that almost all the local stations broadcast in 1080P. I found out we had about 30 channels total actually , but all the main ones come in crystal clear. The broadcasts reach quite a ways out too.

I did check into the antenna. Unfortunately pretty much all local stations are 80+ miles away. I don't think an antenna will reach that far.

|

12/15/2017 7:33 PM

Xeno wrote:

I had PS Vue during 2017 SX season but it burned me with streaming problems during one of the races.
YouTube TV blows away PS Vue and it costs less. I’m streaming directly to a Vizio Samrtcast TV.

FYI - we only pay $35/month for Vue. We got in with them when they offered the programming cheaper and they have kept our cost the same. I haven't ever tried Youtube TV, but I'm not sure how it could be any different. As long as you can watch your shows and DVR, what's the difference...

|

12/15/2017 7:34 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

TbonesPop wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I'm going to drop the throttling discussion before it gets political. Wish you had better internet, PS Vue is great. I know some companies are working on high speed internet via satellite (not Hughes net). Hopefully that becomes available for you soon.

Yeah, no need for it to get political at all. That sure would be awesome having high speed internet via satellite. Internet is one negative to living in the country I suppose. Lots of places to ride my dirt bike though ha!

|

12/15/2017 7:38 PM

agn5009 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

I did check into the antenna. Unfortunately pretty much all local stations are 80+ miles away. I don't think an antenna will reach that far.

You may want to give it a shot. You would be surprised how far those signals go! Especially now days. Pretty strong signals.

|