Provisional 2021 MXGP Calendar

Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
11/12/2020 1:43am Edited Date/Time 11/12/2020 1:45am
Hegz wrote:
They need a round in New Zealand
Taupo (NZ) + Sugo (JPN) + Sun City (RSA)

That's the MXGP triple crown i can get behind instead of 1 round in Peoples republik of Coronavirus & 1 round in Indonesia & 1 round in Russia.

I also suggest MXoN in Namur... Every.Single.Year. 2020's started bad enough, we need to heal. Cool
roninho
11/12/2020 2:09am
Hegz wrote:
Would much rather see a NZ and Australia fly away tour than rounds at Russia, Turkey, China or Indonesia.
Why?
I'm not in favour of fly away tours due to the cost, but if you are going to fly anyway why would we need a round in New Zealand and not in Indonesia?

Sure i have my opinion on some of the track layouts, but if the argentinian track was located in China i would be all for having it in China. And unfortunately that is not really related to far away tracks as well, with Assen and Imola as example for GP's in 'traditional mx countries'.
philG
11/12/2020 4:23am
They are clueless... i can see teams looking at that from a budget point of view and going..fuck it, whats the point.

That said, by the time it gets to 2021 it could all change... if we were allowed fans at the races this year it would have been great.
Natester551v
11/12/2020 7:40am
Bearuno wrote:
Hey, Luongo The Drongo and Infront, want a good pay day from a Russian Oligarch, or two........ :whistle: As for rounds in Un Zud and OZ...
Hey, Luongo The Drongo and Infront, want a good pay day from a Russian Oligarch, or two........ Whistling

As for rounds in Un Zud and OZ - we don't have any Mining Magnates (in OZ, at least, our answer to Russian Oligarchs - Un Zud? - I guess Peter Jackson might be sitting on multi, multi Millions) interested in MX, that will pay Giuseppe mega bucks.

Hell, with that proposed venue that was put up for Australia - a Trotting Track in Perth - to be a place for the MXDN / GP, we'd be better off not to have it here. That would be an embarrassment of epic proportions.

Go to Indonesia - yup, a massive market, and MX racing promotes Brands, more so than MX bikes - eg: there's a full line of Yamaha Scooters sold there that carry the 'MX" moniker. I've been to several GPs there, and had a great time. But they should be held in the same time frame as the China (and any other Asian rounds) , with finally, Serious , Not Insulting travel assistance from Luongo / Infront. He wants to think of it being like MotoGP, well, he bloody well should offer the sort of financial help that MotoGP Teams get. But no, he bleeds teams dry, and just lines his pockets.

And no, I have little sympathy for Luongo / Infront for whatever financial 'hit' they've taken this year. He's had decades of milking the sport.

You'd think the bastard would want a GP in England - and not ream Dixon for megabucks, after Dixon has done so many GPs, and the MXDN, with also, Steve being willing, at short notice to do this years MXDN (that, of course didn't happen, due to Covid 19). I hope somehow a Brit GP does end up happening next year.
This

The Shop

MXMattii
11/12/2020 10:58am
Bearuno wrote:
Hey, Luongo The Drongo and Infront, want a good pay day from a Russian Oligarch, or two........ :whistle: As for rounds in Un Zud and OZ...
Hey, Luongo The Drongo and Infront, want a good pay day from a Russian Oligarch, or two........ Whistling

As for rounds in Un Zud and OZ - we don't have any Mining Magnates (in OZ, at least, our answer to Russian Oligarchs - Un Zud? - I guess Peter Jackson might be sitting on multi, multi Millions) interested in MX, that will pay Giuseppe mega bucks.

Hell, with that proposed venue that was put up for Australia - a Trotting Track in Perth - to be a place for the MXDN / GP, we'd be better off not to have it here. That would be an embarrassment of epic proportions.

Go to Indonesia - yup, a massive market, and MX racing promotes Brands, more so than MX bikes - eg: there's a full line of Yamaha Scooters sold there that carry the 'MX" moniker. I've been to several GPs there, and had a great time. But they should be held in the same time frame as the China (and any other Asian rounds) , with finally, Serious , Not Insulting travel assistance from Luongo / Infront. He wants to think of it being like MotoGP, well, he bloody well should offer the sort of financial help that MotoGP Teams get. But no, he bleeds teams dry, and just lines his pockets.

And no, I have little sympathy for Luongo / Infront for whatever financial 'hit' they've taken this year. He's had decades of milking the sport.

You'd think the bastard would want a GP in England - and not ream Dixon for megabucks, after Dixon has done so many GPs, and the MXDN, with also, Steve being willing, at short notice to do this years MXDN (that, of course didn't happen, due to Covid 19). I hope somehow a Brit GP does end up happening next year.
This
Luongo does a great job promoting the championship. I mean, even after a crisis year as 2020, teams are healthy enough to do all those far away transfers. Because non of them are complaining at the moment...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/12/2020 11:03am
These days I generally don't post their races in the calendar until much closer to race season. They generally change several times.
11/12/2020 11:27am
MXMattii wrote:
Luongo does a great job promoting the championship. I mean, even after a crisis year as 2020, teams are healthy enough to do all those far...
Luongo does a great job promoting the championship. I mean, even after a crisis year as 2020, teams are healthy enough to do all those far away transfers. Because non of them are complaining at the moment...
Lets agree to disagree on this one.
11/12/2020 11:41am
Hegz wrote:
Would much rather see a NZ and Australia fly away tour than rounds at Russia, Turkey, China or Indonesia.
roninho wrote:
Why? I'm not in favour of fly away tours due to the cost, but if you are going to fly anyway why would we need a...
Why?
I'm not in favour of fly away tours due to the cost, but if you are going to fly anyway why would we need a round in New Zealand and not in Indonesia?

Sure i have my opinion on some of the track layouts, but if the argentinian track was located in China i would be all for having it in China. And unfortunately that is not really related to far away tracks as well, with Assen and Imola as example for GP's in 'traditional mx countries'.
Because those countries actually have some heritage in the motocross world, and have proper tracks.

I agree that if they had tracks like the one in Argentina they could organise the GP’s where ever the hell those tracks are and I wouldn’t complain at all, but unfortunately they don’t.
AK74
11/12/2020 12:58pm
MXMattii wrote:
Luongo does a great job promoting the championship. I mean, even after a crisis year as 2020, teams are healthy enough to do all those far...
When have the teams ever had the balls to complain?
Cortami79
11/12/2020 1:07pm
MXMattii wrote:
AK74 wrote:
Less transportation costs as there were 3 grand prix per venue. Try to fill up your trailer from The Netherlands > Italy/Portugal and back and see how much you waste on fuel. Now imagine having to do that over 15 GP locations or 5 GP locations like in 2020. And they didn’t have overseas costs this year either... so I don’t know about that one to be honestUnsure I think they should do less GP rounds, keep the EMX races close to the centre of Europe (available by road) and have the MXON on a natural track and as the final race of the season.
MXMattii
11/12/2020 2:13pm
MXMattii wrote:
AK74 wrote:
Never, that is why I made this utterly sarcastic post. Why should we as fans be angry about going to Russia? Send them to Iran or whatevah place if the racing is good and the teams keep swallowing it, like a German swallows beer at the Octoberfest I don't see a problem anymore. We can't fight their battles.

Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
11/12/2020 11:39pm
Livestream of Luongo announcing new MXGP Calendar - fly-travel frendlier

Post a reply to: Provisional 2021 MXGP Calendar

The Latest