btn
1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
Muscle-Milk-KTM Muscle-Milk-KTM
11/11/2020 1:27 AM
luke11 luke11
11/11/2020 1:33 AM

Absolutely gutted there’s no British round. Anyone know why? Steve Dixon pulling out from hosting/organising?

mpy mpy
11/11/2020 1:33 AM
Photo

Motofinne Motofinne
11/11/2020 1:45 AM

That is one horrible calendar. MXdN mid season? Fuck off.

11/11/2020 1:48 AM
Motofinne wrote:

That is one horrible ...more

I know what you mean but I’m just glad there actually is a season. Looking at the Lommel round, to me that should always have the EMX125 & 250 as the support classes.

Motofinne Motofinne
11/11/2020 1:52 AM
Motofinne wrote:

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

I know what you mean but I ...more

Yeah i guess some racing is better than no racing.

Look at where EMX Open is racing, Orlyonok and Turkey. I just don't understand this. This is supposed to be the "cheap" class to race in and you put two rounds that are almost fly-away. 10 rider gates incoming....

Hegz Hegz
11/11/2020 2:04 AM

They need a round in New Zealand

Cortami79 Cortami79
11/11/2020 2:08 AM

Mxon at Imola.. lol

11/11/2020 2:28 AM
Cortami79 wrote:

Mxon at Imola.. lol

Of all the tracks that could’ve chosen & they go with a man made one.

Ray_MXS Ray_MXS
11/11/2020 2:30 AM
Motofinne wrote:

Either have MXoN at the end or not at all. Stupid as all hell. People won't show up. I would never let my riders ride it if they are in any kind of championship points race.

AK74 AK74
11/11/2020 2:33 AM

Embarrassing.

mpy mpy
11/11/2020 2:41 AM

WMX first race April 25th, 2nd race.... July 25th. 3 months later, wtf?

Marco15UK Marco15UK
11/11/2020 2:42 AM

Is there really any need to have 2 rounds in Russia??

Finnish_Flash_62 Finnish_Flash_62
11/11/2020 2:45 AM
Motofinne wrote:

Yeah that looks bad. Two rounds at Russia, and months apart? I’ve not been as critical about the made up tracks or fly away races because they have been more or less occasional, but now it’s pretty much half the calendar. It has worked so far even with some critisism, but I think they are taking it over the line where it might start to hurt the series.
Also they should really take a look at how they structure the calendar for the support classes. It’s okay for the most part, but there are a few blunders that will make a dent in the amount of riders that will do full seasons. It makes it really hard for WMX, 125 and EMX Open classes when they have a few of those stand alone rounds here and another one there. Would be a lot easier to get riders to commit to the series if they would have them race 2 or 3 consecutive weekends a few times a year. And then look at some of the places they are going.
And MXoN could be scrapped right away. It’s never gonna work in the middle of the season. And at Imola of all places.

Finnish_Flash_62 Finnish_Flash_62
11/11/2020 2:48 AM
Hegz wrote:

They need a round in New ...more

Would much rather see a NZ and Australia fly away tour than rounds at Russia, Turkey, China or Indonesia.

NVA57 NVA57
11/11/2020 3:04 AM
Motofinne wrote:

Yeah i guess some racing ...more

Remember that emx2t round in Turkey with 6 riders on the gate. Lol

Motofinne Motofinne
11/11/2020 3:09 AM
Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

I know what you mean but I ...more

Motofinne wrote:

Yeah i guess some racing ...more

NVA57 wrote:

Remember that emx2t round ...more

Yeah embarrassing and i thought they would've learnt from that but i guess they haven't....

mmcmx mmcmx
11/11/2020 3:25 AM
Motofinne wrote:

I guess it's to have AMA riders back in the race.

King_George_III King_George_III
11/11/2020 3:27 AM

I'm glad there's no British round and instead a round in Oman. I hope the replace Lommel with a round in Saudi Arabia or maybe Afghanistan or Iraq. Will be great.

Robgvx Robgvx
11/11/2020 3:29 AM
King_George_III wrote:

I'm glad there's no ...more

I hear Mogadishu is nice.

11/11/2020 3:29 AM
King_George_III wrote:

I'm glad there's no ...more

You couldn’t make it up.

Snapper Snapper
11/11/2020 3:52 AM

I'm surprised it's gone into October and even November again.

DeStouwer DeStouwer
11/11/2020 4:03 AM

Very optimistic schedule. I never see them race 20 GP's next year. Oman... yeah, okay, I'm going to give it a chance. But the second round in Russia makes no sense, like 2 rounds in Indonesia does neither.

Of all the tracks within a radius of 100km, they go with Imola. With another 3 GP's afterwards. No, it seems they haven't learnt anything. Turkey - China - MXoN week after week. That's a huge facepalm.

Bearuno Bearuno
11/11/2020 4:24 AM
Marco15UK wrote:

Is there really any need ...more

Hey, Luongo The Drongo and Infront, want a good pay day from a Russian Oligarch, or two........ whistling

As for rounds in Un Zud and OZ - we don't have any Mining Magnates (in OZ, at least, our answer to Russian Oligarchs - Un Zud? - I guess Peter Jackson might be sitting on multi, multi Millions) interested in MX, that will pay Giuseppe mega bucks.

Hell, with that proposed venue that was put up for Australia - a Trotting Track in Perth - to be a place for the MXDN / GP, we'd be better off not to have it here. That would be an embarrassment of epic proportions.

Go to Indonesia - yup, a massive market, and MX racing promotes Brands, more so than MX bikes - eg: there's a full line of Yamaha Scooters sold there that carry the 'MX" moniker. I've been to several GPs there, and had a great time. But they should be held in the same time frame as the China (and any other Asian rounds) , with finally, Serious , Not Insulting travel assistance from Luongo / Infront. He wants to think of it being like MotoGP, well, he bloody well should offer the sort of financial help that MotoGP Teams get. But no, he bleeds teams dry, and just lines his pockets.

And no, I have little sympathy for Luongo / Infront for whatever financial 'hit' they've taken this year. He's had decades of milking the sport.

You'd think the bastard would want a GP in England - and not ream Dixon for megabucks, after Dixon has done so many GPs, and the MXDN, with also, Steve being willing, at short notice to do this years MXDN (that, of course didn't happen, due to Covid 19). I hope somehow a Brit GP does end up happening next year.

RustyTrowel RustyTrowel
11/11/2020 4:53 AM
Marco15UK wrote:

Bearuno wrote:

Hey, Luongo The Drongo and ...more

British GP in 2021? No point scheduling one; we'll still be going in and out of lockdown and have quarantine in place for half the world next summer with these clowns in charge.

DonM DonM
11/11/2020 6:03 AM

If history has shown us anything 40% of these venues will change....

CoccoBill CoccoBill
11/11/2020 6:49 AM
Cortami79 wrote:

Mxon at Imola.. lol

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Of all the tracks that ...more

Wasn't it supposed to be in Maggiora?

NVA57 NVA57
11/11/2020 7:53 AM

Also IMO, a US round every year should be mandatory.

Renner153 Renner153
11/11/2020 9:09 AM

Whats the over under on how many times the schedule changes before the first round?

line-up line-up
11/11/2020 10:19 AM
Marco15UK wrote:

The second Russia round is just 200 miles away from the Finnish round location

btn
btn
1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry