Protaper SELA issue

mxracer591
I know there have been threads on this before, as I just read through them… but I’m posting my issue here. I have a 22 Fc450 and just bought the device. Spent an hour with the instructions and installing it, removed my graphics, used the proper pieces for my bike, checked the alignment (and even tried a few mm either way to make sure I wasn’t missing something. I can’t get it engage. I put a zip tie on my fork tube to ensure I was compressing it enough. It seems like the receiver just pushes the other piece out of the way as the fork guard moves. I’m sure it’s similar on most bikes, but on mine, the fork guard is only fastened at the bottom so the top part moves relatively easily. Any ideas?
|
9/24/2021 7:37pm
mxracer591 wrote:
I know there have been threads on this before, as I just read through them… but I’m posting my issue here. I have a 22 Fc450...
I know there have been threads on this before, as I just read through them… but I’m posting my issue here. I have a 22 Fc450 and just bought the device. Spent an hour with the instructions and installing it, removed my graphics, used the proper pieces for my bike, checked the alignment (and even tried a few mm either way to make sure I wasn’t missing something. I can’t get it engage. I put a zip tie on my fork tube to ensure I was compressing it enough. It seems like the receiver just pushes the other piece out of the way as the fork guard moves. I’m sure it’s similar on most bikes, but on mine, the fork guard is only fastened at the bottom so the top part moves relatively easily. Any ideas?
Sounds like you might have it on backwards
mxracer591
9/25/2021 5:55am
mxracer591 wrote:
I know there have been threads on this before, as I just read through them… but I’m posting my issue here. I have a 22 Fc450...
Sounds like you might have it on backwards
I triple checked, even tried installing it on my stock fork guard
murph783
9/25/2021 5:59am
These things really seem like a great idea with poor execution. Mine has worked-so far. But not without its issues
9/25/2021 6:20am
These things sound like a big pain in the ass. Give me my tried and true Works Connection holeshot device that never lets me down.

The Shop

mxracer591
9/25/2021 6:59am
These things sound like a big pain in the ass. Give me my tried and true Works Connection holeshot device that never lets me down.
I agree but having someone at the track always to set your device isn’t always a possibility. That’s literally the only reason I bought this one.
murph783
9/25/2021 7:01am
mxracer591 wrote:
I agree but having someone at the track always to set your device isn’t always a possibility. That’s literally the only reason I bought this one.
Same. I go alone 90% of the time so at face value it’s a good idea
9/25/2021 7:06am
mxracer591 wrote:
I set my Works Connection start device on the starting line on my own before every race. I just lean over the bars, grab my front front wheel and pull with my left hand while pulling the lever with my right. I suppose if you were really short, that might be tough to do.
Dirtfighter
9/25/2021 8:53am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2021 8:54am
I don’t like the sela. My son has it on his bikes. If you miss when engaging it yanks the plastic fork guard down on the wp forks and is damn near impossible to get back into place on the gate without tools. Works connection for me all day and I can engage it myself while sitting on the bike no prob. Not to mention that sela knob is enormous.

Post a reply to: Protaper SELA issue

The Latest