Pros who live/have lived in Los Angeles?

Premixed112
Edited Date/Time 9/23/2018 7:52am
So, I've been living in Los Angeles since May and two days ago I drove down to Pala to shoot some photos. It's a long drive, and I was wondering on the way there if back in the big money days of moto there were any guys who bought a house in LA and chose to have that be their home base. Obviously, Temecula/Murrieta/Orange County are in closer proximity to the public tracks, test tracks, and they are great places to live. But there has to have been a top rider in the past that wanted to ball out and live in the Hollywood Hills.
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/20/2018 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 1:39pm
Damon Huffman lived up near my area in Saugus.
Mike K was from here as well. Head up the 14 towards the Antelope Valley and you will still see part of his SX track before hitting Acton.
Sean Collier is from here also.
I know I'm missing some. And a bunch of fast am's from here too. LanghamMx's kid Tanner as well as Tyler Sjoberg.
Baggett came up here to Castaic a few times to ride Sjoberg's SX track.
Russ Wageman, Jim Holley and Rob Healy are all from the San Fernando Valley.
Justin Hoeft is from Castaic.
Carson Mumford is from Simi Valley.
Shane Smith is from SCV

There are way more, but I can't remember them right now

Edit: Chris Plouffe is from Castaic
Shane Trittler
smithers57
9/20/2018 12:42pm
There were alot of US fast guys from back in the day from SCV most of us have been forgotten about though lol
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/20/2018 12:45pm
smithers57 wrote:
There were alot of US fast guys from back in the day from SCV most of us have been forgotten about though lol
I wondered if you were the Smithers I had heard about from some friends that I think knew you or knew of you.
mx_563
9/20/2018 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 1:06pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Damon Huffman lived up near my area in Saugus. Mike K was from here as well. Head up the 14 towards the Antelope Valley and you...
Mike K was from here as well. Head up the 14 towards the Antelope Valley and you will still see part of his SX track before hitting Acton.
I know I'm missing some. And a bunch of fast am's from here too. LanghamMx's kid Tanner as well as Tyler Sjoberg.
Shane Smith is from SCV

Shane Trittler
Can you see Mike K's old track via google street view? Where was it at?

I'm dating myself but here goes nothin...

I believe Don Emler Sr lives somewhere on the Palos Verdes Peninsula and I heard that DeCoster used to live there back in the Honda days too.

When JMB raced in the US he lived in Redondo Beach.

Larry Brooks is from Pasadena I think.

Johnny O'Mara used to live in Simi Valley

Jim Holley is still in Chatsworth I believe.

I think Kehoe is somewhere in the Santa Clarita Valley these days but I think he was originally from the San Fernando Valley (could be wrong on that one).

Andy Jefferson used to race Ascot all the time so I assume he was a local LA dude.

Cole Seely is from Newbury Park I think.

The Alessis used to live in Moorpark I think, before they moved to the High Dez.

Correct me if I'm wrong people...

The Shop

mx_563
9/20/2018 1:14pm
Bob Hannah - Lancaster (way back in the day)
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/20/2018 1:15pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Damon Huffman lived up near my area in Saugus. Mike K was from here as well. Head up the 14 towards the Antelope Valley and you...
Shane Smith is from SCV

Shane Trittler
mx_563 wrote:
Can you see Mike K's old track via google street view? Where was it at? I'm dating myself but here goes nothin... I believe Don Emler...

I believe Don Emler Sr lives somewhere on the Palos Verdes Peninsula and I heard that DeCoster used to live there back in the Honda days too.

I think Kehoe is somewhere in the Santa Clarita Valley these days but I think he was originally from the San Fernando Valley (could be wrong on that one).

Andy Jefferson used to race Ascot all the time so I assume he was a local LA dude.

The Alessis used to live in Moorpark I think, before they moved to the High Dez.

Yes Kehoe is still here in SCV. I saw him at the mall before Christmas last year. I see him every so often.
Cole is from Newbury. Use to race with him at Castaic Lake back on 60's.

Ya you should be able to see it on google. Look up California Muscle Cars and it's right next door just off the freeway.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/20/2018 1:15pm
mx_563 wrote:
Bob Hannah - Lancaster (way back in the day)
I knew there was a big one I was missing!
smithers57
9/20/2018 1:36pm
Haha I'm sure it is its scv people like to talk about everyone good or bad. Other local fast pros from scv were guys like lytle skinner labrador we had good group of guys
mx_563
9/20/2018 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 1:39pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Yes Kehoe is still here in SCV. I saw him at the mall before Christmas last year. I see him every so often. Cole is from...
Yes Kehoe is still here in SCV. I saw him at the mall before Christmas last year. I see him every so often.

Ya you should be able to see it on google. Look up California Muscle Cars and it's right next door just off the freeway.
Sure enough....

Yeah, I'm down in SCV for work a lot (we test at NTS next door to the water park on Golden Valley). One time I saw Sean Collier at Whole Foods.

Also I was mountain biking over at Tapia Canyon one time and my buddy was telling me about a SX track that used to be up there. Can't remember who built/used it. It was right off of Tapia Canyon Road.
rongi#401
9/20/2018 1:39pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Shane Smith is from SCV

Shane Trittler
mx_563 wrote:
Can you see Mike K's old track via google street view? Where was it at? I'm dating myself but here goes nothin... I believe Don Emler...

Drove past two days ago and it's still there on the south side of the 14, doesn't look like anyone rides it, I used to see bikes by the barn from time to time
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/20/2018 1:41pm
smithers57 wrote:
Haha I'm sure it is its scv people like to talk about everyone good or bad. Other local fast pros from scv were guys like lytle...
Haha I'm sure it is its scv people like to talk about everyone good or bad. Other local fast pros from scv were guys like lytle skinner labrador we had good group of guys
Man, I forgot about Skinner and Lytle. We use to go to the same church as Lytle's sister and brother-in-law. Koger spent a lot of time out here riding at my buddies property in Vasquez with Shane Smith and a few others.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/20/2018 1:42pm
i don’t think it’s keidrowskis anymore but here it is. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/20/288432/s1200_7D2CA45B_C6F0_432A_B0A8_1ED92A30286D.jpg[/img]
i don’t think it’s keidrowskis anymore but here it is.
No, Mike hasn't lived there in years. My buddy Nick's dad bought the house some years back and put it up for sale a few months back.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/20/2018 1:50pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Yes Kehoe is still here in SCV. I saw him at the mall before Christmas last year. I see him every so often. Cole is from...

mx_563 wrote:
Sure enough.... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/20/288430/s1200_KiedrowkiTrack.jpg[/img] Yeah, I'm down in SCV for work a lot (we test at NTS next door to the water park on Golden Valley). One...
Sure enough....

Yeah, I'm down in SCV for work a lot (we test at NTS next door to the water park on Golden Valley). One time I saw Sean Collier at Whole Foods.

Also I was mountain biking over at Tapia Canyon one time and my buddy was telling me about a SX track that used to be up there. Can't remember who built/used it. It was right off of Tapia Canyon Road.
You're right down the road from me a bit when you come out here haha.

Sean is a good dude.

The one in Tapia was Sjoberg/Baggett's track. Some a-holes cut the fence and started riding the track so they ripped it down. Right after that Sjoberg quit racing. I never got to go up and watch them, but the track was pretty cool.
smithers57
9/20/2018 1:51pm
Haha yeah the good old days bud... but least you know who I am now lol you just said it
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/20/2018 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 1:55pm
smithers57 wrote:
Haha yeah the good old days bud... but least you know who I am now lol you just said it
I did? lol

Shane?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/20/2018 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 2:01pm
smithers57 wrote:
Yeah bud I'm Shane smith
Should have paid more attention to your 500. Good to see you on here man! Haven't seen you since I worked at PitPro and little one was maybe 2 I think. My late buddy and sister always asked your dad how you were doing. Good to see you're out riding!
smithers57
9/20/2018 2:05pm
Haha yeah I disappeared for awhile and now little one is 10 but I'm back trying to get into it again. We will have to meet up and moto sometime
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/20/2018 2:09pm
smithers57 wrote:
Haha yeah I disappeared for awhile and now little one is 10 but I'm back trying to get into it again. We will have to meet...
Haha yeah I disappeared for awhile and now little one is 10 but I'm back trying to get into it again. We will have to meet up and moto sometime
Damn! 10 already? Definitely let me know when you head out. Plan is to hit LACR next Saturday or Sunday. Most likely Sunday
smithers57
9/20/2018 2:23pm
I will forsure also dont know if it was mention but Joey Savatgy is from acton I use to give him riding lessons when he was on 50cc but then shortly after moved to mtf
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/20/2018 2:34pm
smithers57 wrote:
I will forsure also dont know if it was mention but Joey Savatgy is from acton I use to give him riding lessons when he was...
I will forsure also dont know if it was mention but Joey Savatgy is from acton I use to give him riding lessons when he was on 50cc but then shortly after moved to mtf
I forgot about Joey. I ride with his cousin every so often.

Blake Savage is from out here too. My buddies mom would babysit Blake and Courtney when they were little.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
9/20/2018 2:38pm
smithers57 wrote:
I will forsure also dont know if it was mention but Joey Savatgy is from acton I use to give him riding lessons when he was...
Joey was riding for Honda on 85’s when they moved to Georgia. He rode at our track in Bean with all of the local kids. They went “all in” with his racing program

You riding this weekend ? Im working Saturday, but Sunday is moto.... let me know.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
9/20/2018 2:40pm
smithers57 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I forgot about Joey. I ride with his cousin every so often. Blake Savage is from out here too. My buddies mom would babysit Blake and...

Blake Savage is from out here too. My buddies mom would babysit Blake and Courtney when they were little.
I went to high school with their dad (Greg Savage) (canyon high school)
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
9/20/2018 2:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 3:42pm
All from Santa Clarita/ Acton

Mouse McCoy
Erik Kehoe
Casey Lytle
Shane Trittler
Flying Mike Brown
Sean Collier
Bobby Moore
Kenny Zahrt
Eddie Cole
JN Roberts
Willie Surratt
Donnie Hansen
Johnny O’Mara
Mike Kiedrowski
Damon Huffman
John Whelchel
Russ Wageman
Joey Savatgy
Kyle Cunningham
Justin Hoeft

Lancaster/ Palmdale-

Bob Hannah
Kyle Lewis
Eddie Hicks
AJ Whiting
Chris Gosselaar
Darryl Ecklund
Kurt Caselli
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/20/2018 2:46pm
smithers57 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I forgot about Joey. I ride with his cousin every so often. Blake Savage is from out here too. My buddies mom would babysit Blake and...

langhammx wrote:
I went to high school with their dad (Greg Savage) (canyon high school)
Interesting when you see how many guys have come from our little town/valley. It's relatively small, but damn there are a lot of guys from here!
mx_563
9/20/2018 3:04pm
Gosselaar brothers from up in Juniper Hills...if I'm not mistaken.

This is the ultimate name dropper thread...ha ha!
smithers57
9/20/2018 3:08pm
I might this weekend have to work sat also I'll keep you posted. And oh ya your old bean track place was fun you guys build that scary ass peaked out double lol. Was good riding with you though few weekends back been long time

Post a reply to: Pros who live/have lived in Los Angeles?

The Latest