Pros racing Loretta Lynns

Cortami79
4/9/2021 8:46am
Wasn't it like two years ago when Durnham and Brown were running laptimes faster then the pro sport class at LL? I saw a livestream of that race, so fast
Teineke
4/9/2021 10:13am
Meister wrote:
Technically "my" regional is wildcat. I've never been, but the first corner looks like it's 10' wide. I just believe regionals should be national caliber tracks...
Technically "my" regional is wildcat. I've never been, but the first corner looks like it's 10' wide. I just believe regionals should be national caliber tracks.

Btw, just so everyone reading this post knows it....

Georgie has pulled a holeshot on Mike Alessi... At loretta's....
World famous Georgie. But I heard his little brother pointed a laser pointer in Alessi's eye. (where do you think they learned the trick)? I personally...
World famous Georgie. But I heard his little brother pointed a laser pointer in Alessi's eye. (where do you think they learned the trick)?

I personally think there should be no ex pros in the Vet classes at Loretta's. I've said this for years. It's called the "Amateur" nationals for a reason. If Pros want to race at Loretta's have two classes. 25+ pro and 40+ pro for anyone who was a pro rider.

I mean does anyone think your typical Amateur vet is going to compete with Mike Brown, Carsten, Etc? I mean come on, even RC raced 25 plus at LL. I read some where that Emig was talking about racing Loretta's now.
100%
4/9/2021 11:53am
I just looked up the results from the 2020 +25 class. Rough guess is there are 5 guys that have scored points, 10 guys with their pro license, 10 more that held it previously.

I'll use two names in specific of guys I know personally that raced plus 25 last year.

Travis Stitcher from Colorado: the dude absolutely rips. Had his pro license mid '10's, may have qualified once or twice. Life happened, and he quit racing for several years. Comes back and wants to compete with fast people. Is not fast enough to race outdoors competitively, way faster than an average local vet guy. What class is he supposed to race? 450 pro sport? Last year when we raced at the LL regional in Iowa, he didn't have the throttle control and grace to make it in the 450 class without slamming, because he was several years off the gate. Talent, yes. Rust would prevent it.

Giancarlo Clouser, of Illinois. Gio trains (and works) at Albertson's 7 days a week and is a holeshot artist. He's never held a pro card, is 25-28 years old, and very competitive in the pro class locally. He is extremely solid, but just a tick off the pace from qualifying into LL in 450 pro sport last year.

Travis went 18-17-DNS
Gio with 35-23-29

Both these guys race the pro class locally and make money every time they show up for Sunday. Does that mean they are disqualified, because they are fast? By comparison to Scharer, Wentland, Vonlinger, Loberg, etc, they are midpack fodder. Without +25, they're essentially classless. Those four guys could make it into pro sport and be competitive, but have no desire to race the kids with less brains than throttle. They're looking to go race and have a good time with similar dudes, the same exact thing the complainers in here want for themselves. But because they're fast, they're cherry pickers? There is not a problem here. There are just a lot of really fuckin' fast guys that want to go back to the ranch for sake of nostalgia and to have a good time. If you can't make it in, go buy a bigger truck or something.
Meister
4/9/2021 12:13pm
I understand your logic and I respect your opinion and what youve accomplished. However, you're wording it as if im saying to eliminate any place for them. I'm not. +25 Vet Pro. I'd love to watch that class at loretta's. It'd fill up like any other. Call me a complainer all you want but if you go around asking vet guys you'll probably see there's loads that would agree with what im saying. Step outside the fast guy clique and the chatter is a little different.

The Shop

Teineke
4/9/2021 12:33pm
Meister wrote:
I understand your logic and I respect your opinion and what youve accomplished. However, you're wording it as if im saying to eliminate any place for...
I understand your logic and I respect your opinion and what youve accomplished. However, you're wording it as if im saying to eliminate any place for them. I'm not. +25 Vet Pro. I'd love to watch that class at loretta's. It'd fill up like any other. Call me a complainer all you want but if you go around asking vet guys you'll probably see there's loads that would agree with what im saying. Step outside the fast guy clique and the chatter is a little different.
I agree that there is a difference between pro and amateur and pros really shouldn't race in amateur classes. They should race the pro classes. I am not for cherry picking and staying in the C class or B class but pros in an amateur class ......
4/9/2021 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2021 2:30pm
Meister wrote:
I know we don't see eye to eye on this one george (it may be one of the only things we don't lol).. but you're kinda...
I know we don't see eye to eye on this one george (it may be one of the only things we don't lol).. but you're kinda missing my point.. there definitely won't be less riders if they did what I'm saying. There would be more I'd be willing to bet. More guys like me and you. You know how many dudes I hear say f that because there's no hope in making it? Just feeding the money grab. Put a little hope in dry wall joes corner and he might show up after a 50 hour work week.. I'm not talking local stuff. I'm talking amature national stuff.

I'm to the point in life where if I'm not gonna have fun, I dont care to do it. I don't wanna go ride shitty tracks just to ride against competition. I wanna ride against competition at bad ass tracks. I'd rather ride a regional at pvr than where my two options are now. I get along with pvr and plan to hit the battle race there.
I still love ya man. But Loretta’s ain’t “fun” it’s serious. lol. Fun for me is the Ohio battle series. But Loretta’s....that just resonates in a different area of my brain. More so fits the accomplishing mindset mkre than the fun. That’s probably why we can’t agree on this topic.

By the way.....The holeshot was 96 at Ponca....Not Loretta’s. And I peaked early.....

Now Back on topic.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
4/9/2021 7:19pm
Teineke wrote:
What are your views on the guys in the +25 and Vet class full of guys who are not quite fast enough to qualify for national...
What are your views on the guys in the +25 and Vet class full of guys who are not quite fast enough to qualify for national events but fast enough to be pros. They are racing the Vet classes at Lorettas. To me I think if your pro or trying to qualify at pro events this event is not for you. Its for people who like competition and perhaps started late or whatever the case maybe but are not trying to qualify at pro events. Perhaps they should be in the pro sport classes.
What difference does it make? Amateur racers do it for the challenge, the competition and to see where they stack up. A $15 trophy shouldn't matter.

I did a desert race last year where Mike Metzger showed up and raced in my 40+ class. I'm definitely not winning if that happens, but it's fun to see where I stack up against somebody like that.
brocster
4/9/2021 8:46pm
That same $15 dollar amateur trophy shouldn’t matter to an ex pro even less...
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
4/10/2021 4:18am
brocster wrote:
It doesn't they just want to race.
brocster
4/10/2021 7:36am
brocster wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
It doesn't they just want to race.
World Vet Nationals comes to mind

Post a reply to: Pros racing Loretta Lynns

The Latest