Pros racing Loretta Lynns

Teineke
Edited Date/Time 4/10/2021 4:18am
What are your views on the guys in the +25 and Vet class full of guys who are not quite fast enough to qualify for national events but fast enough to be pros. They are racing the Vet classes at Lorettas. To me I think if your pro or trying to qualify at pro events this event is not for you. Its for people who like competition and perhaps started late or whatever the case maybe but are not trying to qualify at pro events. Perhaps they should be in the pro sport classes.
|
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
4/8/2021 7:07am
They are not allowed to race in all vet classes.

+25 isn’t a vet class.

It’s awesome.

slipdog
4/8/2021 7:09am
"Won't somebody please think of the children!"
murph783
4/8/2021 7:10am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2021 8:11pm
Personally I think it’s rad. Pro circuit isn’t picking their next guy out of +25, what are you worried about if RC or Brownie works you? I’d be pumped if I got to line up next to that caliber of guy

The Shop

8tensolutions
4/8/2021 7:14am
Teineke wrote:
What are your views on the guys in the +25 and Vet class full of guys who are not quite fast enough to qualify for national...
What are your views on the guys in the +25 and Vet class full of guys who are not quite fast enough to qualify for national events but fast enough to be pros. They are racing the Vet classes at Lorettas. To me I think if your pro or trying to qualify at pro events this event is not for you. Its for people who like competition and perhaps started late or whatever the case maybe but are not trying to qualify at pro events. Perhaps they should be in the pro sport classes.
So amateurs that are fast shouldn't be allowed to race at the largest amateur race on the planet?

If you have scored a pro point, you cannot race the "B" and "C" vet classes (Vet 30+ and Senior 40+), but you can race +25.

If you are a current pro, you can only race Open Pro Sport and/or 250 Pro Sport.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
4/8/2021 7:18am
Teineke wrote:
What are your views on the guys in the +25 and Vet class full of guys who are not quite fast enough to qualify for national...
What I think is if you are too slow to compete then LLs aint for you, either get faster or STFU.
dkurtd
4/8/2021 7:19am
You should probably go read the supplemental rules. You are stating they are trying to qualify for pro events, if they have a pro license and have earned points that puts them in special categories based on how recent they earned those points. I'm not going to type out all the rules but I would suggest you go read them as your statement is very misleading.
ElliotB16
4/8/2021 7:28am
They’re mostly ex Pro’s racing 25+. Nobody is qualifying for supercross/ pro nationals and racing Loretta’s at the same time. 2021 Mike Alessi isn’t 2008 Alessi.
Moto520
4/8/2021 7:53am
He just doesn't want to race the fast guys so that he can win against the slow guys.
Teineke
4/8/2021 7:56am
xrmark wrote:
Who. Cares.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Teineke does. Grinning
LMAO Yeah I care. CMon...

I get if you have pro points you cannot race. I am all in favor of everyone super fast racing. I just think if your trying to qualify for pro events your past amateur events pro points or not.

Teineke
4/8/2021 7:58am
Moto520 wrote:
He just doesn't want to race the fast guys so that he can win against the slow guys.
Its not about me. I was just looking for other peoples opinion. I dont care who lines up. Shit if Jeff Emig, Carmicheal, Stewart Line up at the same gate as me that would be the coolest race for me. I'd get smoked too.
Moto520
4/8/2021 7:59am
xrmark wrote:
Who. Cares.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Teineke does. Grinning
Teineke wrote:
LMAO Yeah I care. CMon... I get if you have pro points you cannot race. I am all in favor of everyone super fast racing. I...

I get if you have pro points you cannot race. I am all in favor of everyone super fast racing. I just think if your trying to qualify for pro events your past amateur events pro points or not.

This is a topic that gets covered a ton at the local level. How to make the classes fair etc. Some of the vet classes at Lorreta's don't permit former card holding pros from entering.....aim for those classes.

Just because someone is fast doesn't mean that they don't get to enjoy our sport like everyone else.
Teineke
4/8/2021 8:02am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Teineke does. Grinning
Teineke wrote:
LMAO Yeah I care. CMon... I get if you have pro points you cannot race. I am all in favor of everyone super fast racing. I...

Moto520 wrote:
This is a topic that gets covered a ton at the local level. How to make the classes fair etc. Some of the vet classes at...
This is a topic that gets covered a ton at the local level. How to make the classes fair etc. Some of the vet classes at Lorreta's don't permit former card holding pros from entering.....aim for those classes.

Just because someone is fast doesn't mean that they don't get to enjoy our sport like everyone else.
I agree. I feel you need to be pretty dang good though to go to Lorettas regardless of class.
duckdog77
4/8/2021 8:02am
Personally think it’s cool. What sport do you know where Amateurs get to play/ride/race against current, going to be or ex pros? Pretty much no other sports unless you are at the top with them. They love to ride and race dirt bikes just like the rest of us. I’m sure for some of them it’s a super fun week with little pressure and time to just enjoy riding, racing, and bench racing afterwards.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/8/2021 8:07am
Teineke wrote:

Key word here is trying to qualify, meaning they haven’t yet. Let em race
Shawn142
4/8/2021 8:29am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2021 8:29am
They have to be 2 years removed from racing a pro AMA or FIM event already. So they are no longer "pros". There's at least one Vet class set aside for guys who have never raced pro already, not every Vet class needs to have that same rule. The +25 is one of the most exciting races of the week, why would you change that? Just so you can add some slower dudes in the back? These ex-pros are not impossible to beat. Get faster.
zacksavchuk
Fantasy
2391st
4/8/2021 8:33am
Ahhhhhh. Nothing like going on a dirt bike forum to bitch about guys racing dirt bikes.
Teineke
4/8/2021 8:44am
Shawn142 wrote:
They have to be 2 years removed from racing a pro AMA or FIM event already. So they are no longer "pros". There's at least one...
They have to be 2 years removed from racing a pro AMA or FIM event already. So they are no longer "pros". There's at least one Vet class set aside for guys who have never raced pro already, not every Vet class needs to have that same rule. The +25 is one of the most exciting races of the week, why would you change that? Just so you can add some slower dudes in the back? These ex-pros are not impossible to beat. Get faster.
I am not trying to beat anyone or go to the 25 plus class. I am just asking for others views. Not a big deal. Just cause you were pro at one time doesn't mean you should never race anything ever again. So you get faster and your profile pic looks cool. I think its all about having fun once you get into the past 25 years old. I mean still competitive but not trying to make factory teams anymore.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
4/8/2021 8:47am
I think there are dozens of other threads on this same topic...likely days of reading. Start there...
fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2821st
4/8/2021 9:34am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Teineke does. Grinning
Teineke wrote:

Moto520 wrote:
This is a topic that gets covered a ton at the local level. How to make the classes fair etc. Some of the vet classes at...

No vet class prevents a former card holder from racing, only those who have scored points.
McG194
4/8/2021 9:40am
murph783 wrote:
Personally I think it’s rad. Pro circuit isn’t picking their next guy out of +25, what are you worried about if RC or Brownie works you...
Personally I think it’s rad. Pro circuit isn’t picking their next guy out of +25, what are you worried about if RC or Brownie works you? I’d be pumped if I got to line up next to that caliber of guy
Major League baseball teams invite hacks to play with ex pros, charge them a boatload of money and call it Fantasy Camp.

Personally I think LL's is missing out on a cash cow. Make it a full two weeks and week 1 is dedicated to kids and pro potential type of guys and the second week is for all vets. I'd love to race at Lorretta's but I don't belong on the gate with Carsten or Grewe who would be in my class. Give me a 50 C class and open up the cash register.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
4/8/2021 10:25am
murph783 wrote:
Personally I think it’s rad. Pro circuit isn’t picking their next guy out of +25, what are you worried about if RC or Brownie works you...
McG194 wrote:
Major League baseball teams invite hacks to play with ex pros, charge them a boatload of money and call it Fantasy Camp. Personally I think LL's...
Major League baseball teams invite hacks to play with ex pros, charge them a boatload of money and call it Fantasy Camp.

Personally I think LL's is missing out on a cash cow. Make it a full two weeks and week 1 is dedicated to kids and pro potential type of guys and the second week is for all vets. I'd love to race at Lorretta's but I don't belong on the gate with Carsten or Grewe who would be in my class. Give me a 50 C class and open up the cash register.
I feel they really need less classes not more. Too many people believe that if they're not top 5 in their class then there must be something wrong and a new class needs formed so they can finish better. I'm sure you being on the gate with Carsten and Grewe is really just fine and most likely not dangerous.
McG194
4/8/2021 10:41am
murph783 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Major League baseball teams invite hacks to play with ex pros, charge them a boatload of money and call it Fantasy Camp. Personally I think LL's...

stremme12 wrote:
I feel they really need less classes not more. Too many people believe that if they're not top 5 in their class then there must be...
I feel they really need less classes not more. Too many people believe that if they're not top 5 in their class then there must be something wrong and a new class needs formed so they can finish better. I'm sure you being on the gate with Carsten and Grewe is really just fine and most likely not dangerous.
Says you, you have no idea on how squirrely I am and how much I suck. Laughing

I'm not talking about more smaller classes, I'm talking growth. Instead of one class of 40 guys that are plus 50 I'm talking about 3 classes with 30 guys each in them. Us vet riders have the money to spend on the sport and would love to make a pilgrimage to the place we would have loved to race as kids. Everyone always talks about growing the sport and there is legit chance of growth.
Teineke
4/8/2021 10:45am
murph783 wrote:
McG194 wrote:

stremme12 wrote:
I feel they really need less classes not more. Too many people believe that if they're not top 5 in their class then there must be...
I agree nothing wrong with racing with those guys. Also way to many classes. Look at the mini kids some of them need like 8 bikes. 85 mod 85 stock and practice bike for each. then a 110 or 125 whatever it is and then practice bikes. For someone who 12 years old trying to make it and have their parents afford it is kinda crazy. What is the point of a stock AKA limited class?? What does it prove? I dont know myself......
hogkiller
4/8/2021 10:53am
Shawn142 wrote:
They have to be 2 years removed from racing a pro AMA or FIM event already. So they are no longer "pros". There's at least one...
Teineke wrote:
I am not trying to beat anyone or go to the 25 plus class. I am just asking for others views. Not a big deal. Just...
I am not trying to beat anyone or go to the 25 plus class. I am just asking for others views. Not a big deal. Just cause you were pro at one time doesn't mean you should never race anything ever again. So you get faster and your profile pic looks cool. I think its all about having fun once you get into the past 25 years old. I mean still competitive but not trying to make factory teams anymore.
once you get into the past 25 years old..... 25 is not old by any standard I am 65 now that's old
Teineke
4/8/2021 10:53am
McG194 wrote:

stremme12 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Says you, you have no idea on how squirrely I am and how much I suck. :laugh: I'm not talking about more smaller classes, I'm talking...
Says you, you have no idea on how squirrely I am and how much I suck. Laughing

I'm not talking about more smaller classes, I'm talking growth. Instead of one class of 40 guys that are plus 50 I'm talking about 3 classes with 30 guys each in them. Us vet riders have the money to spend on the sport and would love to make a pilgrimage to the place we would have loved to race as kids. Everyone always talks about growing the sport and there is legit chance of growth.
I get it but I feel you need to fill the gate. three classes with thirty guys would be a full class of empty gates. Perhaps a Vet pro and a Vet Sport type situation. I think there should still be qualifiers so that you cant just show up and race you need talent. That is exactly it a bunch of Vets at the track are probably gonna spend money. But how does that happen with out taking away from the youth...
Teineke
4/8/2021 10:54am
Shawn142 wrote:
Teineke wrote:
I am not trying to beat anyone or go to the 25 plus class. I am just asking for others views. Not a big deal. Just...
hogkiller wrote:
once you get into the past 25 years old..... 25 is not old by any standard I am 65 now that's old
My kids are 9 YEARS OLD and 11 YEARS OLD. LOL do you want me to say YEARS YOUNG?? haha They'll look at me like there is something wrong with me.

Post a reply to: Pros racing Loretta Lynns

The Latest