Pro's making their debut at Unadilla

8/9/2017 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2017 6:45pm
Here's the entry list for 250 class:

https://mxsp.iscdn.net/2017/08/1268_2017_unadilla_250_entry_list.pdf

I only saw Joey Crown and Justin Cooper in the 250 class and didn't notice any names in the 450.

Those two guys should do well, and be 8-12 IMO.

Anyone else?
|
MXerDW
8/9/2017 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2017 4:32pm
Jayce Pennington racing for Traders Yamaha in the 250 class also.
8/9/2017 4:43pm
MXerDW wrote:
Missed that one...he's ready. What about Enzo Lopes, Jordan Bailey, Challen Tennant, Jake Masterpool, Mitchel Falk, Ramyller Alves, etc? I expected to see more than just 3 riders turning pro.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
8/9/2017 5:18pm
MXerDW wrote:
Missed that one...he's ready. What about Enzo Lopes, Jordan Bailey, Challen Tennant, Jake Masterpool, Mitchel Falk, Ramyller Alves, etc? I expected to see more than just...
Missed that one...he's ready. What about Enzo Lopes, Jordan Bailey, Challen Tennant, Jake Masterpool, Mitchel Falk, Ramyller Alves, etc? I expected to see more than just 3 riders turning pro.
Falk is just coming off a huge string of injuries and the team already had Cantrell turn pro this year. I would guess Falk will wait until Hangtown next year or maybe after LL's in 18.

Jordan Bailey has a pro contract with Rockstar Husky and commented that this would be his last LL's...but maybe they want him to ride Monster Cup All-Stars before making the plunge sometime next year?

I don't believe that Lopes, Masterpool or Alves have rides lined up...

Not sure about Tennat considering that Star is bringing Justin Cooper onboard next year and looks to have a pretty full team to choose from (I think Cooper is doing these last few rounds under RockRiver's truck though?).
dboivin
8/9/2017 5:53pm
joey gonna be good. been watchin him since he was on little bikes.

The Shop

8/9/2017 6:09pm
ML512 wrote:
Falk is just coming off a huge string of injuries and the team already had Cantrell turn pro this year. I would guess Falk will wait...
Falk is just coming off a huge string of injuries and the team already had Cantrell turn pro this year. I would guess Falk will wait until Hangtown next year or maybe after LL's in 18.

Jordan Bailey has a pro contract with Rockstar Husky and commented that this would be his last LL's...but maybe they want him to ride Monster Cup All-Stars before making the plunge sometime next year?

Not sure about Tennat considering that Star is bringing Justin Cooper onboard next year and looks to have a pretty full team to choose from (I think Cooper is doing these last few rounds under RockRiver's truck though?).
Per the LL wrap up podcast Matthes did with Weege and TopJimmy...

- Seems like there's a lot of mystery around what the Masterpool camp's goals are. Since the tragedy with Jesse Masterpool, sounds like the family is still racing but their big picture intentions aren't clear and they're not in any rush to sign any contracts just yet. Apparently Jake, who hasn't entered a major amateur race since Lorettas last year, actually asked Chris Wheeler at Suzuki if he even had to race LL's this year. Word is the family isn't stoked on Supercross and may not even participate in the Monster Cup this year.

- The Star Racing Cooper/Tennat thing sounds like a lot of drama. Chalan Tennat got the boot from the Star ride, a decision that was made before LL. Justin Cooper will be racing the remainder of the Nationals on a Star Racing bike, under the Star tent, but with Rock River graphics. Sounds like that was the "compromise" made between the teams, given the last minute nature of Star signing him while he had existing obligations to Rock River.
mxjon454
8/9/2017 6:15pm
ML512 wrote:
Falk is just coming off a huge string of injuries and the team already had Cantrell turn pro this year. I would guess Falk will wait...

Per the LL wrap up podcast Matthes did with Weege and TopJimmy... - Seems like there's a lot of mystery around what the Masterpool camp's goals...

- Seems like there's a lot of mystery around what the Masterpool camp's goals are. Since the tragedy with Jesse Masterpool, sounds like the family is still racing but their big picture intentions aren't clear and they're not in any rush to sign any contracts just yet. Apparently Jake, who hasn't entered a major amateur race since Lorettas last year, actually asked Chris Wheeler at Suzuki if he even had to race LL's this year. Word is the family isn't stoked on Supercross and may not even participate in the Monster Cup this year.

- The Star Racing Cooper/Tennat thing sounds like a lot of drama. Chalan Tennat got the boot from the Star ride, a decision that was made before LL. Justin Cooper will be racing the remainder of the Nationals on a Star Racing bike, under the Star tent, but with Rock River graphics. Sounds like that was the "compromise" made between the teams, given the last minute nature of Star signing him while he had existing obligations to Rock River.
Star has made questionable decisions in the past with a lot of riders....Wil Hahn, Durham, Audette, Peters, Anstie, all those guys were 1 and done over there. Its seems like if you arent producing results then youre pretty much gone unless you got lucky and signed a 2 year deal. I wonder if Harrison gets the boot or if he signs an extension. I had heard from a few different people that Tenant had "bought" that ride with Star. I could definitely be wrong but if he did indeed buy the ride maybe Star wanted to go with Justin Cooper instead of him getting sogned to a different team?
Money
8/9/2017 6:19pm
ML512 wrote:

Per the LL wrap up podcast Matthes did with Weege and TopJimmy... - Seems like there's a lot of mystery around what the Masterpool camp's goals...

mxjon454 wrote:
Star has made questionable decisions in the past with a lot of riders....Wil Hahn, Durham, Audette, Peters, Anstie, all those guys were 1 and done over...
Star has made questionable decisions in the past with a lot of riders....Wil Hahn, Durham, Audette, Peters, Anstie, all those guys were 1 and done over there. Its seems like if you arent producing results then youre pretty much gone unless you got lucky and signed a 2 year deal. I wonder if Harrison gets the boot or if he signs an extension. I had heard from a few different people that Tenant had "bought" that ride with Star. I could definitely be wrong but if he did indeed buy the ride maybe Star wanted to go with Justin Cooper instead of him getting sogned to a different team?
What's so wrong with what star does? If you don't perform why spend more money and hope that you pan out? Tennate didn't perform I'm sure how they like and Justin cooper been killing it all year so he should be getting the ride over tennate.
ruskymx
8/9/2017 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2017 6:44pm
Tyler Stepek is racing his first national. I think AJ Cantanzaro is helping him out. I saw it on his Instagram the other day. I remember seeing him ride at the 2-stroke shootout in 2015 on 80's & 125's. I believe he's giving the 450 a go. AJ is predicting top 20.

Tyler won the Cody Gragg Memorial race at Muddy Creek a few weeks ago
ML512
Fantasy
36th
8/9/2017 6:57pm

That's actually the main reason why Ty didn't get Suzuki support this year, they had no set plans to race anything other than LL's and really didn't do much the year before. Wheeler wanted to add him, but they couldn't commit to him without races on the schedule and that could effect Jake if they continue to keep a low if not non-existent amateur national racing schedule.
toddh
8/9/2017 7:03pm

mxjon454 wrote:
Star has made questionable decisions in the past with a lot of riders....Wil Hahn, Durham, Audette, Peters, Anstie, all those guys were 1 and done over...
Money wrote:
What's so wrong with what star does? If you don't perform why spend more money and hope that you pan out? Tennate didn't perform I'm sure...
What's so wrong with what star does? If you don't perform why spend more money and hope that you pan out? Tennate didn't perform I'm sure how they like and Justin cooper been killing it all year so he should be getting the ride over tennate.
Jason Anderson ring a bell? Kids need time to figure it out. One injury and it could all be over.
mxjon454
8/9/2017 7:08pm

mxjon454 wrote:
Money wrote:
What's so wrong with what star does? If you don't perform why spend more money and hope that you pan out? Tennate didn't perform I'm sure...
Im not saying that theres anything wrong with what they do. It just seems like theres really no loyalty with Star unless youre winning like there is with GEICO, PC, or TLD KTM.
mxjon454
8/9/2017 7:13pm
mxjon454 wrote:
Money wrote:
toddh wrote:
Jason Anderson ring a bell? Kids need time to figure it out. One injury and it could all be over.
Exactly. And say if Hewitt did drop Anderson after his horrible rookie year that couldve been all she wrote. He couldve never got on another team again and been done after trying to privateer it in 2012. If i were in these riders shoes and had a offer from geico or tld ktm and star, id take the geico or tld ktm route just by seeing that they stick with their riders and dont give up on them after a year. They probably wouldve dropped Harrison after last year if he didnt have a 2 yr deal.

Post a reply to: Pro's making their debut at Unadilla

The Latest