Pro's 250 2 stroke 'fun' bikes

MX4EVR
12/1/2010 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2010 9:38pm
Sonny wrote:
Are you Treys mom?
mom241 wrote:
Yes.
Mrs. C, you gotta admit some of the best times were on 2 stroke 65's, all those battles anadarko cooperland wellston elk city 59th. Ponca city................. Those were good days
CR250Rider
12/1/2010 9:44pm
my riding spot is frozen and still getting snow. last month was a record. 25 inches in november.

waaaa
FlaNard
12/2/2010 2:03am
GuyB wrote:
JGRMX had a two-stroke that Josh rode at X. I'm not sure how that translates to, "Josh has a YZ250."
Just dont wonder why people think you have an agenda.
FlaNard
12/2/2010 2:04am
Trey rides for Nonda. His paychecks come from Nonda. What do you think him and his family are going to say with regard to 2 stokes...
Trey rides for Nonda. His paychecks come from Nonda.

What do you think him and his family are going to say with regard to 2 stokes?

They wouldn't want to pick up the telephone one day and get the news that a guy in Japan named Sushi Hibachi was going to do Boss Karate on their contract, or on their paycheck.

Thanks,

Jim
mom241 wrote:
Whatever.
It may not be true, but alot of us were thinking the same thing.

The Shop

mom241
12/2/2010 4:41am
bama205 wrote:
hahahaha. and Nixon resigned bc he was tired
I don't get it.
mom241
12/2/2010 4:56am
MX4EVR wrote:
Mrs. C, you gotta admit some of the best times were on 2 stroke 65's, all those battles anadarko cooperland wellston elk city 59th. Ponca city...
Mrs. C, you gotta admit some of the best times were on 2 stroke 65's, all those battles anadarko cooperland wellston elk city 59th. Ponca city................. Those were good days
Those were great days. But on big bikes, Trey simply prefers the 4stroke. He's better on it. His last effort on the 2 stroke was Schoolboy and maybe a few races on a KX250 before their 450 came out, and honestly he wasn't near as good. I think probably because of his smooth throttle control. Some other riders, like Lemoine, Hackley, were much better 2 stroke riders than Trey. I think Barcia would probably rip on one too. Just different technique and riding styles.

What really drives me crazy about some of you guys is your constant need for a conspiracy theory. If I said that he didn't ride the 2 stroke at Robbie's because of it being an unfamiliar bike, then that's the truth. Honda doesn't have some agenda to "keep the man down". To basically say someone is lying because it doesn't fit in your belief system, well that's just childish. The guys we work with are truly some of the nicest people I've known. I'm pretty sure they all appreciate a good running 2 stroke as much as anyone (and that awesome smell of premixed).

Love your 2 strokes all you want. I like the sounds and smells as much as the next person (so does Trey and a lot of other people). But some people, believe it or not, prefer to ride a 4 stroke. Just ride!!!
MX4EVR
12/2/2010 5:12am
MX4EVR wrote:
Mrs. C, you gotta admit some of the best times were on 2 stroke 65's, all those battles anadarko cooperland wellston elk city 59th. Ponca city...
mom241 wrote:
Those were great days. But on big bikes, Trey simply prefers the 4stroke. He's better on it. His last effort on the 2 stroke was Schoolboy...
Those were great days. But on big bikes, Trey simply prefers the 4stroke. He's better on it. His last effort on the 2 stroke was Schoolboy and maybe a few races on a KX250 before their 450 came out, and honestly he wasn't near as good. I think probably because of his smooth throttle control. Some other riders, like Lemoine, Hackley, were much better 2 stroke riders than Trey. I think Barcia would probably rip on one too. Just different technique and riding styles.

What really drives me crazy about some of you guys is your constant need for a conspiracy theory. If I said that he didn't ride the 2 stroke at Robbie's because of it being an unfamiliar bike, then that's the truth. Honda doesn't have some agenda to "keep the man down". To basically say someone is lying because it doesn't fit in your belief system, well that's just childish. The guys we work with are truly some of the nicest people I've known. I'm pretty sure they all appreciate a good running 2 stroke as much as anyone (and that awesome smell of premixed).

Love your 2 strokes all you want. I like the sounds and smells as much as the next person (so does Trey and a lot of other people). But some people, believe it or not, prefer to ride a 4 stroke. Just ride!!!
I hear ya, maybe some of the others dont LOL!
I think some of the "Honda" comments from these guys might be from back in the day when MC2 used to get his balls broke from Honda for riding waverunners and other things in the off season and he has mentioned some control issues in the past?
Trey will do what Trey wants, thats the way he is, little "cool hand Trey"
mom241
12/2/2010 5:30am
MX4EVR wrote:
I hear ya, maybe some of the others dont LOL! I think some of the "Honda" comments from these guys might be from back in the...
I hear ya, maybe some of the others dont LOL!
I think some of the "Honda" comments from these guys might be from back in the day when MC2 used to get his balls broke from Honda for riding waverunners and other things in the off season and he has mentioned some control issues in the past?
Trey will do what Trey wants, thats the way he is, little "cool hand Trey"
I see. Well, times have changed. Trey is getting an Aquatrax next spring :-)
Propaganda!
12/2/2010 5:42am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2010 6:00am
I meant no disrespect to Trey Canard, his family, or any of the fine people who work with him on his exemplary racing program. I sincerely hope my post was not missunderstood.

I was just making a light hearted observation about how predictable opinions become once pay checks are involved. Obviously to retain his value as an endorser, a sponsored athlete is expected to recite opinions that align with the interests of his patron.

Forget dirtbikes for a minute, let's talk about sub sandwiches.

Say we have MX Subway and MX Quiznos in competition for market share. Let's say that MX Subway has stopped all sandwich toasting recently because "It's a green issue" or something gay like that, but toasted sandwiches are still available at MX Quiznos and some other places.

When we read an interview with Factory MX Subway Swallower MX Jared, should we really be surprised if he says he doesn't like toasted subs? And if someone offers MX Jared a toasted 125 sandwich for an exibition race, should we really be surprised if he doesn't eat it?

NO, because MX Jared is paid to be the public face and voice of MX Subway, and MX Subway doesn't make toasted sandwiches anymore.

Thanks,

Jim

davis224
Fantasy
165th
12/2/2010 5:43am
If honda is super mega anti 2 stroke (besides the fact that they don't make them), then why didn't evil black helicopters come and destroy the YZ250 that was in his garage during his honda video?
Jenga
12/2/2010 8:05am
davis224 wrote:
If honda is super mega anti 2 stroke (besides the fact that they don't make them), then why didn't evil black helicopters come and destroy the...
If honda is super mega anti 2 stroke (besides the fact that they don't make them), then why didn't evil black helicopters come and destroy the YZ250 that was in his garage during his honda video?
A crazy Asian guy showed up with some Forkslyk and a sledge and pulverized it into dust.......He was sent there to destroy the factory 2strokoe so no one could gather any super secret info off of it.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
12/2/2010 8:45am
FlaNard wrote:
Just dont wonder why people think you have an agenda.
I don't wonder. People make up stuff here all the time to suit their own agendas (like this thread). Occasionally it even includes imagining they know what I'm thinking. Smile

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
12/2/2010 8:52am
davis224 wrote:
If honda is super mega anti 2 stroke (besides the fact that they don't make them), then why didn't evil black helicopters come and destroy the...
I found this quote tucked into an article on the development of the earliest Honda MX race bikes interesting.

http://www.mxworksbike.com/Honda_1972_RC125M.htm

Since it was common knowledge throughout Honda Motors that the president disliked 2-strokes they were limited to using a 4-stroke Honda machine in an attempt to make it competitive against the 2-stroke machines from other manufacturers. The bike they chose to start with was the Honda production SL125. After spending considerable time reducing its weight and modifying the engine they felt they were ready to put their highly modified SL to the test. In May of 1969, as Honda’s first official motocross team, they entered the 6th round of the MFJ Motocross Grand Prix in Kurume, Fukuoka Japan.

(Later in the same article)...

The atmosphere within the company was still very strong against the 2-strokes but the Honda race team did make the company aware of the situation and understand the problem. This however did not dampen their enthusiasm. At a request made by the younger engineers to R&D management, they were allowed to purchase two European motocross bikes for evaluation. This was a private and unofficial arrangement made by the R&D management and the independent voluntary group. One bike was a Greeves and the other a Husqvarna. When the bikes arrived, the young engineers examined the cutting edge machines in great detail and often dreamt of the day when they could surpass them.

At Honda, development of a new 4-stroke machine was underway. It would be the successor to the “CL” scrambler series. It was the 250 single SL250. Many of the members from the R&D Team gave it a very careful consideration as the foundation of a race bike but considering it would have to compete against 2-strokes they couldn’t help having misgivings about its potential. The rest of the bike seemed good and so they decided to submit a proposal for developing a 2-stroke engine for the SL250T, as it would be called (code name 335). This would run parallel with the original plan of the development of the 4-stroke engine. The proposal was submitted in January of 1971. R&D management allowed this to happen mainly because of the enthusiasm of the young engineers. It cannot be stressed enough how taboo the idea was for Honda to build a 2-stroke at this time.

ATKpilot99
12/2/2010 8:59am
davis224 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I found this quote tucked into an article on the development of the earliest Honda MX race bikes interesting. http://www.mxworksbike.com/Honda_1972_RC125M.htm Since it was common knowledge throughout...
I found this quote tucked into an article on the development of the earliest Honda MX race bikes interesting.

http://www.mxworksbike.com/Honda_1972_RC125M.htm

Since it was common knowledge throughout Honda Motors that the president disliked 2-strokes they were limited to using a 4-stroke Honda machine in an attempt to make it competitive against the 2-stroke machines from other manufacturers. The bike they chose to start with was the Honda production SL125. After spending considerable time reducing its weight and modifying the engine they felt they were ready to put their highly modified SL to the test. In May of 1969, as Honda’s first official motocross team, they entered the 6th round of the MFJ Motocross Grand Prix in Kurume, Fukuoka Japan.

(Later in the same article)...

The atmosphere within the company was still very strong against the 2-strokes but the Honda race team did make the company aware of the situation and understand the problem. This however did not dampen their enthusiasm. At a request made by the younger engineers to R&D management, they were allowed to purchase two European motocross bikes for evaluation. This was a private and unofficial arrangement made by the R&D management and the independent voluntary group. One bike was a Greeves and the other a Husqvarna. When the bikes arrived, the young engineers examined the cutting edge machines in great detail and often dreamt of the day when they could surpass them.

At Honda, development of a new 4-stroke machine was underway. It would be the successor to the “CL” scrambler series. It was the 250 single SL250. Many of the members from the R&D Team gave it a very careful consideration as the foundation of a race bike but considering it would have to compete against 2-strokes they couldn’t help having misgivings about its potential. The rest of the bike seemed good and so they decided to submit a proposal for developing a 2-stroke engine for the SL250T, as it would be called (code name 335). This would run parallel with the original plan of the development of the 4-stroke engine. The proposal was submitted in January of 1971. R&D management allowed this to happen mainly because of the enthusiasm of the young engineers. It cannot be stressed enough how taboo the idea was for Honda to build a 2-stroke at this time.

If you scroll way down you can see them weighing the 72 RC 125 on what looks like a bathroom scale, lol , or at the very least a UPS style shipping scale for smaller items. Great link and interesting stuff.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
12/2/2010 9:13am
I meant no disrespect to Trey Canard, his family, or any of the fine people who work with him on his exemplary racing program. I sincerely...
I meant no disrespect to Trey Canard, his family, or any of the fine people who work with him on his exemplary racing program. I sincerely hope my post was not missunderstood.

I was just making a light hearted observation about how predictable opinions become once pay checks are involved. Obviously to retain his value as an endorser, a sponsored athlete is expected to recite opinions that align with the interests of his patron.

Say we have MX Subway and MX Quiznos in competition for market share. Let's say that MX Subway has stopped all sandwich toasting recently because "It's a green issue" or something gay like that, but toasted sandwiches are still available at MX Quiznos and some other places.

When we read an interview with Factory MX Subway Swallower MX Jared, should we really be surprised if he says he doesn't like toasted subs? And if someone offers MX Jared a toasted 125 sandwich for an exibition race, should we really be surprised if he doesn't eat it?

NO, because MX Jared is paid to be the public face and voice of MX Subway, and MX Subway doesn't make toasted sandwiches anymore.

Thanks,

Jim

You know, sometimes people just comment. Nothing more, nothing less. No ulterior motive, no hidden agenda, just a relevant comment. I know it's fun to imagine that the ghost of Soichiro Honda channeled Mama C and told her to log in to VitalMX to do damage control because a two stroke was spotted in her son's barn against corporate policy, but I regret to inform you and your fellow tin-foil-hat wearers that did not happen. She just joined a conversation regarding his bike and commented that he doesn't ride it because he prefers the 4 stroke. Why is that so hard for you and others to accept?
mom241
12/2/2010 9:14am
I meant no disrespect to Trey Canard, his family, or any of the fine people who work with him on his exemplary racing program. I sincerely...

Thanks,

Jim

I appreciate your analysis, but comparing eating sandwiches to potentionally season, or career, ending injuries on an unkown dirt bike are not quite equal, are they?

It's true that you should support the people who are paying your way. I think that you owe them a certain amount of respect and support. Never bite the hand that feeds you. That being said, most of "us"--using that term loosely--are not corporate robots towing the corporate line. There are many times, believe it or not, when I read things on here that I could correct, but sometimes you keep your mouth shut. That is also respecting the people that pay you. By the way, I don't get a check, so I can say what I want, to a certain extent.

You guys would be real surprised to find out how simple most of these guys really are--they just want to ride their dirt bikes, train, and try to win. Bottom line.

Post a reply to: Pro's 250 2 stroke 'fun' bikes

The Latest