Props to Ping and GL

Apologies if this has already been said,but after all the comments about The Whiskey Throttle podcast,mainly GL jumping in when the guests were speaking,not letting them finish etc.I have to say the Lamson podcast was fantastic and praise deserves its own thread just like the original thread rightly criticizing the show

I was one of the people who voiced my opinion that the show was a difficult,frustrating listen because of how GL was at times,the Doug Henry was pretty much torture for a DH fan.

So I think they both deserve huge praise for listening to the audience,taking on board the criticism and improving,well done guys and I think your podcast show could be one of the front runners,great format,interesting guests and 2 articulate and funny hosts.

10/10 from me and thank you,hope this thing grows and grows,its refreshing to listen to a show where the host isnt massively opinionated and only his views count,hes right,everyone else is wrong,end of!!

|
hyler199
12/2/2019 6:33pm
I never noticed how much he mentioned hes from South Africa until he actually mentioned that people were commenting on it and now I notice it everytime lol
BigDaddyG
12/2/2019 8:11pm
Damn good show, sure GL can be a bit much from time to time but he’s still good. They are a good team and Im happy to see them grow.
dpingree101
12/3/2019 3:01pm
Thank you... we spoke about this thread and we addressed it. You should notice an improvement moving forward. We also made a change to the format after it was suggested by somebody... In our latest show with Jessy Nelson, which goes up later this week, we included him in the Method Race Wheels Front End Chatter segment. It allows us to get the guests opinion on current events discussed. I liked it... let me know what you think of that change as well.
Cheers

PING
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
12/3/2019 10:36pm
The episode's of the Show was Really good.
And Overall the Whiskey Throttle Show is awesome!

The Shop

12/4/2019 12:25pm
Thank you... we spoke about this thread and we addressed it. You should notice an improvement moving forward. We also made a change to the format...
Thank you... we spoke about this thread and we addressed it. You should notice an improvement moving forward. We also made a change to the format after it was suggested by somebody... In our latest show with Jessy Nelson, which goes up later this week, we included him in the Method Race Wheels Front End Chatter segment. It allows us to get the guests opinion on current events discussed. I liked it... let me know what you think of that change as well.
Cheers

PING
very welcome Ping,credit where it is due.The Lamson show was a huge improvement,best one yet.

Its all a learning curve and knowing what the listener thinks is important I would guess.

Your show is certainly a refreshing change,no multiple guests per show,(which isnt a bad thing by the way) no one sided rants from the know it all host,just an indepth interview with very interesting,knowledgeable guests.Simple format but works well

Look forward to the Nelson show,thanks once again and pass it on to GL

On a side note,any chance of you coming back to the Vets Des Nations again at Farleigh?
jimmie
12/4/2019 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2019 1:34pm
Yeah, I think Langston kind of, got the memo, and has since restrained himself from butting-in (as well as drinking?). Hopefully this will continue. These Whiskey Throttle chats are some what intoxicating and down right insightful. I look forward listening to each personality that is "spot-lighted". I just can not get enough. Thank you to David, Grant and all the people who make this happen.
Hank_Thrill
12/4/2019 3:27pm
This is the best Moto podcast ever, imo. I love hearing people’s stories in general, so it is right up my ally. Plus, it is the most down to earth genuine podcast around. The hosts and guests are all so open and authentic. That’s hard enough to find in day to day life, so to find it in a MX podcast really separates Whiskey Throttle from the rests.
dpingree101
12/4/2019 9:31pm
Thank you... we spoke about this thread and we addressed it. You should notice an improvement moving forward. We also made a change to the format...
Cheers

PING
J-Wishbone wrote:
very welcome Ping,credit where it is due.The Lamson show was a huge improvement,best one yet. Its all a learning curve and knowing what the listener thinks...
very welcome Ping,credit where it is due.The Lamson show was a huge improvement,best one yet.

Its all a learning curve and knowing what the listener thinks is important I would guess.

Your show is certainly a refreshing change,no multiple guests per show,(which isnt a bad thing by the way) no one sided rants from the know it all host,just an indepth interview with very interesting,knowledgeable guests.Simple format but works well

On a side note,any chance of you coming back to the Vets Des Nations again at Farleigh?
I would love to go back to Farleigh.... maybe next year? Hell, I’d come over just to shoot some episodes of the show with GP royalty!
12/5/2019 10:36am
Cheers

PING
J-Wishbone wrote:
very welcome Ping,credit where it is due.The Lamson show was a huge improvement,best one yet. Its all a learning curve and knowing what the listener thinks...

I would love to go back to Farleigh.... maybe next year? Hell, I’d come over just to shoot some episodes of the show with GP royalty!
Fingers crossed,this needs to happen!
A Whiskey Throttle Show would be a good idea,Dave King needs to get on this idea,there are plenty of GP royalty at this event as you know,
I believe Mike Healey is coming in 2020,alas only doing the legends parade lap
12/5/2019 1:32pm
Ping / GL , i think the general fan would love to hear from the pros about some of the teams and bikes they almost rode for through their career, but never happened. I find it cool to hear some of the back stories like bubba almost riding for honda on the 125cc and similar stuff
Maestro
12/6/2019 9:03am
Fukkin hell!! Please make that happen. There’s no place like home, there’s no place like home...

Unfortunately they’re mostly gone now. Jobe, Eric, Carla. Sad it’s like that. They’d be the top 3. Graham Noyce or lackey. Be good if those two would do itt together. would be epic I reckon!..sorry, getting carried away.

Modern day, It would be great if you could do Toni and coldenhoff, or any of the really top guys.
Mx391
12/6/2019 9:06am
I'd take GL interrupting over JT over analyzing a simple question any day of the week.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
12/12/2019 11:03am
I was Just thinking of Someone that I think we be awesome to have on the show, even though he has never been a Pro Rider.
Jason Wygant
In my opinion his story seems pretty cool to me about how he got where he is in the sport. I think a lot of people would be interested.
sandman768
12/12/2019 11:28am
Never considered listening to one of these as I like to read but, I figured it was either watch my daughter’s soccer practice for the thousandth time or sit in my car & have a listen. I started with Steve Lamson”s interview as I always liked Lammy. It was a good, once I started listening I could not stop, I wanted to hear what Lammy had to say. Had more injuries than I remember, bummer about his dad. Kinda got the feeling McGrath was a prima Donna back then...I can remember all my riding buddies and I gathering every Saturday nite to watch SX in the 90”s, we all wanted MC to get punted by someone, just because he was so dominant.... Good job with the interview... looks like I will have something to do now for soccer practice, I”m thinking Ryno”s is a good listen as well...
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
12/12/2019 11:57am
sandman768 wrote:
Never considered listening to one of these as I like to read but, I figured it was either watch my daughter’s soccer practice for the thousandth...
Never considered listening to one of these as I like to read but, I figured it was either watch my daughter’s soccer practice for the thousandth time or sit in my car & have a listen. I started with Steve Lamson”s interview as I always liked Lammy. It was a good, once I started listening I could not stop, I wanted to hear what Lammy had to say. Had more injuries than I remember, bummer about his dad. Kinda got the feeling McGrath was a prima Donna back then...I can remember all my riding buddies and I gathering every Saturday nite to watch SX in the 90”s, we all wanted MC to get punted by someone, just because he was so dominant.... Good job with the interview... looks like I will have something to do now for soccer practice, I”m thinking Ryno”s is a good listen as well...
The Ryno one is awesome

Post a reply to: Props to Ping and GL

The Latest