Props to D.Blair in the booth

Related:
Create New Tag

1/30/2022 12:15 PM

I thought the dude did great! Him and RC seemed to compliment eachother really well and he brought a lot of energy and insight to the commentary. He knew exactly who the riders were, where they were and what was happening from a racers point of view. It was a nice change and some of his "one-liners" were great as well. What did y'all think?

|

1/30/2022 12:58 PM

Agree

|

1/30/2022 1:00 PM

Jupp, well done!

|

KTM OneTwoFive for now, on the Stark next year

1/30/2022 1:12 PM

The most natural booth partnership in a long time. Looking forward to more of Blair.

|

1/30/2022 1:23 PM

I'm not necessarily his biggest fan based on RDL but he was great in the booth and I think he RC really clicked.

|

1/30/2022 1:36 PM

He’s exceptional.

Osbourne on the other hand….pinch

|

1/30/2022 1:39 PM

tobz wrote:

He’s exceptional.

Zacho was a little rigid for sure but he could get better with time.

|

1/30/2022 1:39 PM

I like Blair but I thought he did better last time from what I recall. Overall he did a good job but to me he sounded really nervous for a while and kind of not natural but eventually settled in which to me seemed to take a while.

All of this being said I really can care less who is in the booth I have never understood the hate people have for the commentators I think everyone does a good job. Yes people say thing sometimes that i wonder about but overall everyone does a good job.

|

1/30/2022 1:40 PM

1st time in about 5 years I did not fast forward parts of the event. Having Kristen Beat was a huge upgrade as well.

|

1/30/2022 1:50 PM

Joe Ripper wrote:

I thought the dude did great! Him and RC seemed to compliment eachother really well and he brought a lot of energy and insight ...more

Best commentators in years. Blair is a natural, and RC has improved a lot. Zacho seemed a bit nervous. I'd like to see him continue there too.

|

1/30/2022 1:58 PM

Photo
|

2021 KTM 350 SXF
2006 KX250

1/30/2022 2:04 PM

tobz wrote:

He’s exceptional.

motomike137 wrote:

Zacho was a little rigid for sure but he could get better with time.

His insight is great and he was really good on RDL but they need to turn his mic way up for the night show.
|

1/30/2022 2:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2022 2:09 PM

mb60 wrote:

1st time in about 5 years I did not fast forward parts of the event. Having Kristen Beat was a huge upgrade as well.

Kristen asks good questions. The riders don't give a generic answer.

|

1/30/2022 2:09 PM

For sure Blair did great, he and RC just seemed to click. ZachO - He did OK, you could tell he was nervous, but it seemed like he got better as the night went on - give him a few more weeks.
I was very impressed with Colt when he was in the booth, never hear him talk much before that, but he was very articulate and I think he could make a career out of it if he chose to.

|

1/30/2022 2:11 PM

Blair killed it! Wouldn’t be mad if he was in the booth every week

|

1/30/2022 2:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2022 6:05 PM

I thought last nights crew did a good job. I think having two former racers in the booth is the way to go. Kristen was more on point with her questions and didn’t drag them out. Zach just needs some time to get comfortable. Overall it was good. Keep this bunch and give them time to work together.

|

1/30/2022 3:47 PM

Blair is the right guy, give him the rest of the season to develop and there's your main guy in the booth for the next 20 years.

|

1/30/2022 3:55 PM

Oh yeah….I forgot about that. Seamless transition. Good broadcasting

|

1/30/2022 4:00 PM

my favorite part of the night when theyre in the booth together is when its lcq time. every single time ricky says something about how familiar daniel is with them and other things to that effect. i just think its hilarious ricky is busting his balls on live tv in front of thousands of people lmao.

|

1/30/2022 5:00 PM

I’m not up to speed on what happened. Why was he in the booth and not Leigh Diffey

|

1/30/2022 5:13 PM

mb60 wrote:

Kristen really has the most experience at this since she does AX and EX in addition to doing the SX last night. She did do a really good job, nothing against Will. Kristen just has more experience with all the other races she does. She does her homework and prepares good questions well in advance, a true professional.

|

1/30/2022 5:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2022 5:27 PM

I'd vote for seeing more of Blair in the booth paired with RC. Did a great job and can only get better with more time and comfort in the spot.

|

1/30/2022 5:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2022 5:32 PM

I liked the combination they had last night. From the booth to the floor. It all worked really well. Some people sounded a bit nervous but it should only get better with experience.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

1/30/2022 5:33 PM

Beeby wrote:

I’m not up to speed on what happened. Why was he in the booth and not Leigh Diffey

Diffy was in Daytona broadcasting the Rolex 24hr race.

|

#FMS

1/30/2022 5:38 PM

I normally haven’t liked Ricky in the booth but paired with DB they both sounded really good. Like they belonged there. Zach will get better but man he was whispering or his mic sucked. I think it was good though. Made the broadcast actually sound professional.

|

1/30/2022 5:58 PM

tobz wrote:

He’s exceptional.

For his first time, I think he did great.

|

1/30/2022 6:05 PM

mb60 wrote:

TbonesPop wrote:

Kristen really has the most experience at this since she does AX and EX in addition to doing the SX last night. She did do a ...more

Kristen did her job as a track side reporter should. Just like Lisa Leyland in the GP series'. Why they try and get Christian more involved is beyond me. It kills me to hear her ramble like she knows the ins and outs of racing.

|

1/30/2022 6:08 PM

I honestly think him and RC made a great team. Both have a wealth of knowledge for the listeners as well. Best two man team in the booth for a while I think.

Daniel Blair " And here goes Jeffro , bringing the heat! "

|

" And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

1/30/2022 6:10 PM

He was great. Really seems like he understands that fitting in is, in this situation, better than standing out. Kudos to Ricky too, he seems to be finding that same groove, week by week.

|

1/30/2022 6:12 PM

Zach the rider 👍 Zach the commentator 👎
Most riders won’t be good at the job, it’s a different talent. Even if he got more comfortable, he just doesn’t have the personality in my opinion. That’s not dissing the guy, it’s a unique role that most would struggle with.

|